Glad Tidings for Wargamers Everywhere!

Started by airboy, December 25, 2013, 01:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

airboy

Panzer Corps has been released on Ipad!!!!

OK - why is this glad tidings for wargamers everywhere when this is a beer & pretzels wargame released several years ago???

This is an excellent, easy to learn, beer & pretzels wargame released to the masses!!  All complex hobbies need entry points to draw in new people, kids, etc....  This is an excellent entry level wargame.

My first "wargames" were Afrika Corps by Avalon Hill (4 pages of rules) and Stratego.  Neither was overly complicated - but both had a lot of important wargaming elements and are very fun. Hopefully this Ipad app will sell like crazy and bring in new wargamers.

Tinkershuffle

I've noticed that every time a new ww2 themed wargame is released/greenlighted on Steam the kids are comparing it to HOI3, which is apparently the only "wargame" they know because they are too lazy to find out about things. Hopefully they don't get too satisfied with Panzer Corps either but are also willing to dig a bit deeper.

Swatter

HOI3 is more complicated than most wargames I have come across. I think it has a fatal flaw when you dig underneath, but that's another discussion.

Tinkershuffle

Yes, it definitely is. I'm just annoyed that people think it's the only game on the market or that every other wargame is a lame attempt to copy HOI.