Rome II Terminal Bug Help

Started by solops, December 28, 2013, 02:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

solops

Assuming anyone out there is still playing Rome2, have you found a way around the Triumph/agent pop-up screen bug? Right now, it is an inevitable, terminal bug. Even lightning reflexes eventually fail to hit the checkbox on the deadly notification screen, leading to a game freeze which ends the campaign. Most of the time I can hit the checkbox in one to three re-loads, but eventually a screen combination comes up that cannot be gotten through. I reported it and they have listed it in the patch bug forum as a problem to be worked on, leaving me with an unplayable game unless someone has found a way to spoof the problem.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Nefaro

I was pondering firing up Rome 2 again in the next couple weeks but if there is a bug that makes it regularly freeze then I'll wait until that gets patched out.

Ouch.  :-\

solops

Well, good luck to us all on that. They thought they had it fixed, but it showed back up in both 8.0 and 8.1. Rome2 is so close to being a good game. It really is depressing to run into something like this.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

solops

OK, I need some education. I used the word "spoofed" in my post over at CA. Spoof is an old term used to describe tricking an electronic device, be it a phone of an enemy's radar. That word got edited to "s****ed" in the CA forum. Is there something I don't know?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

undercovergeek

Dunno about spoofed but I'd like more info on the bug - never heard of it or come across it

On second thoughts poof is a derogatory term here.... maybe it's that that triggered the stars of doom

solops

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 28, 2013, 04:39:52 PM
Dunno about spoofed but I'd like more info on the bug - never heard of it or come across it

On second thoughts poof is a derogatory term here.... maybe it's that that triggered the stars of doom

See this:
http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/116217-Random-Freezes-on-Events
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

mikeck

Quote from: solops on December 28, 2013, 02:31:07 PM
Assuming anyone out there is still playing Rome2, have you found a way around the Triumph/agent pop-up screen bug? Right now, it is an inevitable, terminal bug. Even lightning reflexes eventually fail to hit the checkbox on the deadly notification screen, leading to a game freeze which ends the campaign. Most of the time I can hit the checkbox in one to three re-loads, but eventually a screen combination comes up that cannot be gotten through. I reported it and they have listed it in the patch bug forum as a problem to be worked on, leaving me with an unplayable game unless someone has found a way to spoof the problem.

As soon as it pops up, click on the "x" to exit out...don't let the movie run
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

Quote from: mikeck on December 28, 2013, 04:50:40 PM
Quote from: solops on December 28, 2013, 02:31:07 PM
Assuming anyone out there is still playing Rome2, have you found a way around the Triumph/agent pop-up screen bug? Right now, it is an inevitable, terminal bug. Even lightning reflexes eventually fail to hit the checkbox on the deadly notification screen, leading to a game freeze which ends the campaign. Most of the time I can hit the checkbox in one to three re-loads, but eventually a screen combination comes up that cannot be gotten through. I reported it and they have listed it in the patch bug forum as a problem to be worked on, leaving me with an unplayable game unless someone has found a way to spoof the problem.

As soon as it pops up, click on the "x" to exit out...don't let the movie run

Does the ESC key also exit out of it?  May be easier.. if it works.

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 28, 2013, 04:39:52 PM


On second thoughts poof is a derogatory term here.... maybe it's that that triggered the stars of doom

Makes sense since CA is a British company and "s****ed" cuts out "poof".

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

It is indeed - see what happens when you type in banal

solops

Quote from: mikeck on December 28, 2013, 04:50:40 PM
As soon as it pops up, click on the "x" to exit out...don't let the movie run

That is the problem. In this case, a second pop-up covers the first, making it impossible to exit...you see,  the second pop-up has a "greyed-out" box and will not let the mouse make any response, resulting in a frozen game screen. If you are ready, with the mouse in the right spot, you can pop the x on the first box before the second window opens and all is well. BUT, now I have run into a situation where there are TWO screens that have to be checked in rapid sequence before the third obscures them and freezes the game...and I cannot do it. If the "Escape" key will work, though...... I'll try that. No one else has mentioned it and a lot of folks are starting to run into this wall.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

mikeck

#12
I guess you don't click the "x"...this is the solution found on the tech supprt forum until fixed:

"Hey Gang, I have had the same problem since I got Caesar in Gaul, you can get around this by quickly pressing the tick at the bottom of the video as soon as it starts playing. If your fast on the draw it continues the campaign normally. Thanks for working on a fox Creative Assembly coding team! I like watching the triumphs."


Seems to work for many. I have not had a triumph since 8.1 so can't say myself.
Saw this posted 2 weeks ago:
"
Originally Posted by Petr CA 
Hi all,
This issue has been identified and fixed, should be coming in next version of Patch 8.1 .

Petr"


What pisses me off is that this is a game-stopping bug once you get it. If a solution has been found, they need to hotfix it. Been 2 weeks since they identified it. I'm not impressed. Like I said, I haven't seem it yet but it's only a matter of time. Many have to stop great games because a general is too good. They then "kill" their own general to avoid it. Why wait until a new patch comes out. And no...8.1 doesn't fix it
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

Quote from: mikeck on December 28, 2013, 07:27:03 PM



What pisses me off is that this is a game-stopping bug once you get it. If a solution has been found, they need to hotfix it. Been 2 weeks since they identified it. I'm not impressed. Like I said, I haven't seem it yet but it's only a matter of time. Many have to stop great games because a general is too good. They then "kill" their own general to avoid it. Why wait until a new patch comes out. And no...8.1 doesn't fix it

That doesn't bode well.

Does it mean that CA has stopped focusing on patching and moved to working on DLC and their next standalone that will be tied in with Rome 2? 

Between this and the formation cohesion improvements they intended to do awhile back, but haven't shown up, perhaps that's where it's at.  Seems like the patching has slowed lately, but maybe that was just the holiday season?


DOOOOM!!1   :P

Gusington

A crippling bug needs to be patched ASAP or at least before I start my new campaign.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd