IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Discussion

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 28, 2013, 06:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

You should ride along with us as top gunner sometime, Gus!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Have you got a chair for him to stand on? SORRY, I could never resist a cheap shot.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tuna

Not to be a 'cheap' shot, but can you raise your seat in this game? Pain in the butt taxing in that JU-88 from the pilot position!

Gusington

Stack of phone books and I'm fine.

I've been trying to hook up with you guys but the timing has been off.

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks during the holidays we can make it happen.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Something Tuna and I discovered, is that on most (all?) public servers, you can jump into someone else's aircraft to help as a gunner, but if you do then you're locked into that position unless you quit the mission. The pilot can jump to any gunnery position (as usual) but guests in his aircraft cannot.

This is suuuper annoying when there's only a two-person team in a craft with multiple gunnery positions. I understand that the point is to manage the drop-in / drop-out nature of being a gunner, so that anyone can join and should be able to know beforehand what slots are open to join in. But it's still  :P
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Cougar_DK

Nice pictures Tuna!

It looks super sharp. Whats your screen resolution?
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Tuna

Nothing great, something/1080 I think.  lol, at work so cant look. But it's a 22 inch monitor, which isn't huge nowadays.

Tuna

Agree with JP, they should let hop in people man other positions, maybe even Bombardier. But I guess that would piss you off, if a stranger popped in there.

Gusington

God knows the damage I could do just hopping into a bombardier's position.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

Maybe if they have pilots the power to control who can hop in. then let them change positions?
Question, do you have to own the plane to hop in?

JasonPratt

My guess is probably not, although I've owned the planes I've gunned for you. When I look at the list, I can see planes apparently available for me to gun for, which I don't necessarily own. But my guess is mainly based on the crafts clearly being on-disc DLC, just like Kuban: we flew around that wonderful Kuban mp campaign map, despite me not owning Kuban!

Toonces

Quote from: Tuna on December 18, 2018, 06:34:04 AM
Not to be a 'cheap' shot, but can you raise your seat in this game? Pain in the butt taxing in that JU-88 from the pilot position!

LOL, I probably told this story before, but when I was in flight school, I was too short to fully deflect the rudder pedals in the T-44, which is pretty much required for any single engine work.  So I had to fly with my NATOPS manual behind my back...like a really thick phone book...in order to boost myself forward enough to fly the plane!   \m/
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I understand that in Cliffs of Dover, which is much more detailed than the BoX games (though now under management by the same team, so hopefully fixes will be coming in for problems), the He-111 (which already has a nice view) actually has a command to open the top hatch and raise up the seat to look around. It even pops up a little windshield!  :smitten: