IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Discussion

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 28, 2013, 06:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronX

I had a lot of trouble taxiing the Tempest. Are there no independent brakes? Only the rudder seemed to work, but then only at slow speed.

Love the P-38. Perhaps my new favourite.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I couldn't get the left/right brakes to work either but the common brakes button worked fine.

The latest update also seemed to have screwed up my rudder, elevator, and aileron trim controls as well.  Had to remap them to get them to work again.

Father Ted

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 01, 2019, 11:02:13 PM

The latest update also seemed to have screwed up my rudder, elevator, and aileron trim controls as well.  Had to remap them to get them to work again.

It's coz you can now map them to axes rather than buttons (again).

Aside from the weird LOD stuff going on (which I'm sure will be addressed soon), I'm enjoying the new content.  As a (former now, I guess) Roffer, finally getting the Arras map is a big step in the right direction.  MP is starting to be populated, and I think good times are just around the corner...

Silent Disapproval Robot

It's been problematic for me.  I have to restart the game 3-4 times before it'll finally run without crashing.  I see weird wire mesh polygon terrain masks poking through forests when I view them from a distance.   When I see planes far off in the distance, the dots disappear and reappear depending on the zoom level.  AI is ploughing into the ground again with alarming regularity, especially in the Tempest.  I don't know if that's due to blackouts or just bad AI.

Father Ted

Sorry to hear that.  May be worth revisiting your graphics settings (since the game appears to have changed in that respect).  I have a mid-range system and don't try to run the game on "high".  The dots in the distance thing is what I was referring to with the LOD.    It's called "alternate visibility" and I think is designed to enable you to spot aircraft outside the 9km "bubble" which apparently existed in previous builds. A hot fix has been added which allows you to turn it off.  FWIW those with kick-ass GFX cards and 4K monitors are apparently less affected...

Silent Disapproval Robot

Thanks.  I think I've spent about as much time futzing around with GFX settings as I have playing the game.  Doesn't matter where I set them, the wire mesh problem and the startup crashes persist.  Zero response on the IL2 tech support forums to my posts.

JasonPratt

Are these new patch/update problems affecting the Steam release, too, or is it just the new date/map/planes?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Silent Disapproval Robot

From what I've been able to glean from the IL2 forums, the distant dot bug affects everyone.  The wire mesh problem seems to be an issue only for mid-rage AMD video cards.  The crashes seem to be only me.  I'm special and unique!!!!

Tuna

Dammit Carl!

Just finished moving and getting the internets up and running after two weeks of not gaming and there's a sale on!  Whoo!

Barthheart

Quote from: Tuna on October 15, 2019, 05:16:16 PM
Kuban and Moscow on sale for 12 and change.

Grabbed them both, thanks fer the heads up.

Tuna

Quote from: Barthheart on October 16, 2019, 11:48:00 AM
Quote from: Tuna on October 15, 2019, 05:16:16 PM
Kuban and Moscow on sale for 12 and change.

Grabbed them both, thanks fer the heads up.

We should have a flight night!

Barthheart

Yeah... I'm not good enough to fly with you lot. I've still got my training wheels on... :hide:

Dammit Carl!

...and now they're in the stable!  Can't wait for Tank Crews & Bodenplate to get less pricey at some point.

Tuna

Quote from: Barthheart on October 16, 2019, 02:13:54 PM
Yeah... I'm not good enough to fly with you lot. I've still got my training wheels on... :hide:

There is nothing outstanding going on with me, JP and W8t.. plenty of crashes during takeoffs and taxiing.. Haven't flown since last winter, so I'm sure I will suck even more!