Main Menu

1st Game Played in 2014

Started by Bison, January 01, 2014, 01:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Capn Darwin

Quote from: Kushan on January 01, 2014, 02:12:22 PM
Quote from: Double Deuce on January 01, 2014, 02:09:04 PM
Not sure you can call it playing but am working on my Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm campaign and a possible multiple player idea.

Playing some Flashpoint Campaigns myself this morning. Currently watching my ground units get torn apart by Soviet helos while my air defense units sit around and watch....

Help is on the way in the full 2.03 update for those pesky Hinds. A number of bugs have been located and crushed that were hampering many AD functions.  8)
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Capn Darwin

...Red Storm work of course...Some Firefly in the next day or so.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

mikeck

Quote from: MengJiao on January 01, 2014, 01:57:46 PM
Quote from: tgb on January 01, 2014, 06:19:53 AM
I just woke up and haven't had my coffee yet, but probably Blackguards.

  After Puzzling over what I claimed I had against Strategic games, i realized I'd had a great time in Rome II at the strategic level and rise of Prussia just before that so...Rome II Plus Rise of Prussia = Birth of Rome, so I've been playing that:

Won as the Gauls in the early 3rd C BC.
Lost as the Samnites even earlier
Came back as the Romans in 298 BC.  Seem to be winning with a Dictator and an early Scipio (Barbatus?  Odd, he doesn't seem to have much hair at all).
The Dictator (whose name I've forgotten) has all kinds of command attributes, but he's never active so Scipio does all the work out there in the Samnite-infested wilds of Italy.

Rise of Prussia is my favorite AGEOD game. Love the period
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

^Gotta get around to firing that up too, I have it buried somewhere also.

So I am playing through the 2nd mission of the CoH2 campaign and take a break, and start the Barbarossa campaign for Panzer Corps.

Another cool game! I am so happy to finally get through some of my back catalog.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

My first game I fired up was X3AP with the XRM mod. I'm really enjoying rebirth but at this point, it's to hard to run 4 or more trade ships since there is no automatic or universe trading software...I have to find all trades. That's a little frustrating and makes it difficult to create a trading business.

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Bison

Well technically I've already lost this game, but I'm going to keep on playing since it's the most successful pre-warp start I've had yet.

Here's a shot of my exploration ships heading out to where no man has gone before....

MengJiao

Quote from: mikeck on January 01, 2014, 07:41:51 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on January 01, 2014, 01:57:46 PM
Quote from: tgb on January 01, 2014, 06:19:53 AM
I just woke up and haven't had my coffee yet, but probably Blackguards.

  After Puzzling over what I claimed I had against Strategic games, i realized I'd had a great time in Rome II at the strategic level and rise of Prussia just before that so...Rome II Plus Rise of Prussia = Birth of Rome, so I've been playing that:

Won as the Gauls in the early 3rd C BC.
Lost as the Samnites even earlier
Came back as the Romans in 298 BC.  Seem to be winning with a Dictator and an early Scipio (Barbatus?  Odd, he doesn't seem to have much hair at all).
The Dictator (whose name I've forgotten) has all kinds of command attributes, but he's never active so Scipio does all the work out there in the Samnite-infested wilds of Italy.

Rise of Prussia is my favorite AGEOD game. Love the period

  Rise of Prussia is my favorite AGEOD game too.  The engine seems to work very well for the period.  I don't think it worked for Espana 1936, at least the way the basic economic-strategic logic of the game worked.  In Espana, I wiped out the Nationalist Navy, destroyed all their railroads, blockaded the ports, bombed them into the Stone Age, had submarines all over and they still brought in the Germans and Italians and gave me a hard time.  If the Fascists are just going to turn up no matter what you do...?  They ought to have Italy on the map so I can raid their railroads and keep them from turning up in Spain.  And Add Germany after that so I can drive up there and blow up some more rail lines. 

Mad Russian

'Played' Flashpoint Campaigns:Red Storm while doing playtests for the latest campaign set to release with the next update. As well as starting to do work for the next module in the series. Not much time for other games.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Anguille

Fired up my 20 years old computer running windows 95....played the battle of Waterloo in Fields of Glory...marginal victory...a little rusty i guess ;)

airboy

Conquest of Elysium 3 - a truly obscure game by the makers of the Dominions series.

Bison

Quote from: airboy on January 02, 2014, 03:21:49 PM
Conquest of Elysium 3 - a truly obscure game by the makers of the Dominions series.

I really enjoy this game.  I played it for about 2 weeks exclusively this past spring. 

W8taminute

This was not the first game I played in 2014 however I'm really enjoying the Third Age mod for MTW2: Kingdoms.  I'm playing as Mordor and am engaged at the moment in a bitter struggle with Gondor.  Now that my smithy's are forging chain mail armor for my troops however I hope to stem their tide.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

Hey W8. This might help. There are 2 units of Giant Spiders that the evil side can recruit, they function just like heavy cav and cost a butt-load to upkeep but they can scatter regular cav with ease. They are both available in Mirkwood. One near Dol Goldur and the other at the north end of the wood. Is that what you want?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

^Yes indeed!  That would be most helpful right now because with each passing turn Gondor is menacing me more and more boldly.  I'm keeping up but just barely.  I need something like those spiders to tip the balance.  I did however just complete a troll pen or some kind of troll producing building in Barad Dur.  I can't believe how this mod is so much fun!

Sounds like you've played this mod before Slash. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

It sounds like Slash is talking about Warlock...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd