Incorrect Wallet Safety Assumption for 2014

Started by undercovergeek, January 02, 2014, 06:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RooksBailey

No surprise with some of the bigger names on that list (well, except for the mention of an April release for the first module of Star Citizen). but some smaller stuff was interesting. I am thrilled to hear TellTale is making a Borderlands point and click:



t's funny but the other day I was thinking that Borderlands has enough character and "soul" to be a TV show or movie. Looks like others are realizing the potential for more than just a shooter, too.  Come on, give us the next AMC series, too!
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs


Martok

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 06, 2014, 03:30:37 PM
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/06/the-spectacular-2014-preview-spectacular-part-two/

Part 2, this for me is much more 'meh', apart from Pillars and Warlock II
I would add Divinity: Original Sin to your very short list, but otherwise I concur. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Arctic Blast

I've been following the development of Gridiron Solitaire on the dev's blog for quite some time, and it sounds like a neat little game, so I'm down for that as well. That's about it for this list.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 03, 2014, 06:28:23 AM
Nice, sniper elite 3 is coming......sniper elite 2 was the only game I actually completed the entire game in all the games I have purchased in the last couple of years.  Can't wait for this one.

Bullet cam NEVER gets old.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 06, 2014, 05:59:02 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 03, 2014, 06:28:23 AM
Nice, sniper elite 3 is coming......sniper elite 2 was the only game I actually completed the entire game in all the games I have purchased in the last couple of years.  Can't wait for this one.

Bullet cam NEVER gets old.

+1. Love that feature!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Arctic Blast on January 06, 2014, 05:47:47 PM
I've been following the development of Gridiron Solitaire on the dev's blog for quite some time, and it sounds like a neat little game, so I'm down for that as well. That's about it for this list.

I was too....but seems like it has so e strange, non nfl rules so not sure I can go for that.

undercovergeek

aaaaaaand Part III -

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/07/the-spectacular-2014-preview-spectacular-part-three/#more-182797

more meh, except id forgotten all about Massive Chalice which i like the look of, and WG: Red Dragon

Martok

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 07, 2014, 10:47:53 AM
aaaaaaand Part III -

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/07/the-spectacular-2014-preview-spectacular-part-three/#more-182797

more meh, except id forgotten all about Massive Chalice which i like the look of, and WG: Red Dragon
Hmm.  Banished sounds interesting, at least in concept, but the rest I couldn't care less about. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

Quote from: Martok on January 07, 2014, 11:01:45 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 07, 2014, 10:47:53 AM
aaaaaaand Part III -

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/07/the-spectacular-2014-preview-spectacular-part-three/#more-182797

more meh, except id forgotten all about Massive Chalice which i like the look of, and WG: Red Dragon
Hmm.  Banished sounds interesting, at least in concept, but the rest I couldn't care less about.

balls - forgot banished too

JudgeDredd

Absolutely nothing of interest there for me. If that's all 2014 has to offer, my wallet is safe (though I know it's not!)  :P
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 07, 2014, 12:55:40 PM
Absolutely nothing of interest there for me. If that's all 2014 has to offer, my wallet is safe (though I know it's not!)  :P

We now have you on record stating this:)  Nothing huge stands out for me either, but I probably said the same thing last year.  Not sure if they list everything from the non-mainstream publishers so probably lots of those waiting to be purchased next year:)

Arctic Blast

The South Park RPG could be entertaining...or it will be an absolutely unfunny train wreck.