Main Menu

Steam Down Again?

Started by SgtRock, January 04, 2014, 12:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SgtRock

Can't connect Error code - 102

Can't even connect to their web site
http://www.steampowered.com

Some rumors Steam is under attack by hackers!! ???

Staggerwing

Looks like the Storefront is down. My games list is there and I can see who is online from my friends list.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Jarhead0331

I've been having issues with steam for a few days now. Store page has trouble loading, difficulty getting into forums, etc.  Games are running fine though <knocking on wood>
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Silent Disapproval Robot

Same for me.  Games are running, but the store and community are hit and miss.

Staggerwing

It's up right now as I post (13:55pm EST), both on the client and at the web page. For how long...  :-\
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

I was just using the Voice Chat, but, last night, I couldn't access any of my games.  Haven't tried today though.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Rayfer

Appears it is under some sort of hacker attack.  Found this on the Strategy Informer website. http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/26746/steam-hit-by-ddos-attacks

W8taminute

I just logged in and am about to launch MTW2.  Let's see if I get hacked attacked.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Rayfer on January 04, 2014, 04:33:12 PM
Appears it is under some sort of hacker attack.  Found this on the Strategy Informer website. http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/26746/steam-hit-by-ddos-attacks

It should be legal to track down script kiddies and beat the ever living sh*t out of them. Welcome to repercussions, worthless douchebags.

W8taminute

Ok today I can't log in for some reason.  The Steamapp isn't even firing up.  I'm going to try rebooting my system just in case it's a problem between the keyboard the and the user.


And Arctic you're right.  I wish it was possible to zero in on hackers locations and fire for effect.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Staggerwing

The storefront is slow but does come up. And all must nearly be right in the Steamverse because LB is playing Orcs must Die 2 as I type this.  ;D
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

W8taminute

Operation successful.  Rebooting did the trick for me.  I just logged in and then back out and Stagger I saw LB playing Orcs must Die as well.  All is indeed right with the universe.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

LongBlade

Quote from: W8taminute on January 05, 2014, 02:21:11 PM
I saw LB playing Orcs must Die as well.  All is indeed right with the universe.   :)

My new strategy wasn't working so I rage quit.

The blizzard outside is making me stir crazy. I got my quota of NFL football yesterday and now have nothing to look forward to but more football or reruns of Property Brothers.

Maybe I need to go and paint some minis. Electronics aren't cutting it for me today.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

MetalDog

Hold to your resolution, LB.  Go paint those minis.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob