Is it live or is it Friday?

Started by MetalDog, January 17, 2014, 07:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BanzaiCat


bob48

This weekend I'm playing the DIY Home Improvement game. I'm now on the 'Fill holes and sand down ready for painting' DLC.

OK, why is it that you can sand something down so it feels as smooth as one of Stars chat-up lines - smooth as a baby's bum. No, smoother than that even. As smooth as a Smuck shave.

Then you put the paint on and find you have a model of the Alps!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mikeck

#77
Quote from: Gusington on January 18, 2014, 04:06:38 PM
Just played Rome II with the Divide and Conquer mod for about 4 hours! Longest session I had gaming for...well forever. It did crash twice, and after a vital battle, but ran smooth after that for the next 90 minutes. I get that graphic warning again...should I simply just turn down my graphics settings or is there something else to it? I remember that it comes and goes for people depending on patches. Oh and I got me a good looking war maiden. I think I will start calling The Wife my war maiden.

[img]http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/702860642401124513/AB2C2162FBA8726AC8B7C61221E67BA1849EDD03/[/


Don't check that "unlimited video memory" block...just lower your shadows or unit quality. I have been crash free for about 4 hours of game
Time with this mod.... Considering how extensive it is it's pretty good
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

Come to think of it, besides the 1 crash about 4 hours (game time) ago, I haven't had a crash in a month
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

W8taminute

Rekim that game looks like a must buy. 

Gus I have to try that mod out.  Nice screenie!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Silent Disapproval Robot

I bought The Banner Saga so I've been fiddling with that.  It seems OK but a little lacking so far.  Hopefully it picks up.

I spent some time flying around in IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad as this weekend's update added the city of Stalingrad map to the game.  Building textures need some work.  The update seems to have introduced a bug to the Bf-109 damage model.  If my Bf-109 catches fire, I get kicked to desktop.

I played in an absolutely stellar session of ArmA III MP today with the SimHQ gang.  We played a mission where we had to attack an enemy held town to free some downed pilots.  It played out really well.  It took about 45 minutes to play through with lots of good teamwork, some intense firefights at long and at close range, good CAS from the heli pilots, lots of tactical movement through rough terrain and in buildings, and some great leadership.

I'm playing a marathon campaign as the Japanese on a large map in Civ V.  I normally tend to play an isolationist, science focussed civ so being the continent's bully boy makes for an interesting change of pace. 


 


undercovergeek

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 19, 2014, 05:58:29 PM
I played in an absolutely stellar session of ArmA III MP today with the SimHQ gang.  We played a mission where we had to attack an enemy held town to free some downed pilots.  It played out really well.  It took about 45 minutes to play through with lots of good teamwork, some intense firefights at long and at close range, good CAS from the heli pilots, lots of tactical movement through rough terrain and in buildings, and some great leadership.

dammit, missed this due to work - glad you had a great time - were you guys using the new medic rules again?

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yes.  They've tweaked the medic script a bit more and made some interesting additions.  If you go down but don't die instantly, the script will automatically place a map marker of your location so it's easier for the medics to find you.  Non-medics can stabilize you if they have a first-aid kit but you'll be out of the fight until a medic can attend to you.  Medics can attach and detach themselves from squads so they can see the hexagon HUD display of teammates in their squad.  They also extended the bleed-out time to 90 seconds. (I personally find this is a bit too long as it removes a lot of the sense of urgency and deaths are pretty rare except in the case of a total slaughter.  I think they added it because a lot of guys have been ignoring the house rules about no re-spawns on co-op missions.)

undercovergeek

did you get any footage of the battle you mentioned?

Gusington

Kids and wife are away for the night...and tomorrow a holiday. Time to OD on Rome II, True Detective and Grosse Point Blank. Rome II first.

Mike thanks for the graphics tip...I actually lowered the unit quality and it did nothing, so I will try shadows next. Other than that little annoyance, I am REALLY digging the Iceni. I daresay it may be a little too easy, but I'm sure as my empire grows the difficulty will go up. Can't wait to bump into the Romans...hard :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 19, 2014, 06:18:19 PM
did you get any footage of the battle you mentioned?

I didn't.  I'm not sure if anyone was recording or not. 

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on January 19, 2014, 06:58:10 PM
Kids and wife are away for the night...and tomorrow a holiday. Time to OD on Rome II, True Detective and Grosse Point Blank. Rome II first.

Mike thanks for the graphics tip...I actually lowered the unit quality and it did nothing, so I will try shadows next. Other than that little annoyance, I am REALLY digging the Iceni. I daresay it may be a little too easy, but I'm sure as my empire grows the difficulty will go up. Can't wait to bump into the Romans...hard :)

With all this more recent talk of rome think I am going to purchase gaul tonight and finally jump into a campaign.  I tried to resist.

Gusington

I was fortunate enough to have it gifted to me by a kind-hearted soul :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Gusington on January 19, 2014, 06:58:10 PM
Kids and wife are away for the night...and tomorrow a holiday. Time to OD on Rome II, True Detective and Grosse Point Blank. Rome II first.

Must be nice. I have to work tomorrow - my company's international and can give a fig about some Colonial holiday.

Gusington

Also 'working from home' Tuesday as I have to pick The Wife up from the airport in the middle of the night tomorrow.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd