"You've Lost That Friday Feeling...." - Say it isn't so! F R I D A Y!!

Started by JudgeDredd, January 24, 2014, 03:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mikeck

Played distant worlds longer than I ever have. Have a great game set up with "scarce" colonies so things are tense. It's me and 2 other races neck and neck. I just refitted me fleet and places some re supply ships at strategic locations surrounding the enemy territory to help with refueling. War soon!

Also played quite a bit of Rome 2 with the beta 9 patch. Having a blast as Rome although I had a he of a time beating the Etrusceans while keeping Carthage and Libya from declaring war on me
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Bison

Ended up staying up way too late playing OOTP 14.  Good fun.  I'm a horrible GM.  I'm only into early July and am already 21 games back.  :(

Anguille

Made some fantastic progress in Darkstar One, now taking care of the systems occupied by pirates...it's getting fun again.

Also: played one scenario of Conquest: Frontier Wars and the battle of Port Republic in my campaign of Civil War 2: Generals

Sir Slash

I managed to successfully complete the "Waking Nightmare" quest-dungeon in Skyrim outside of Dawnstar. Now to rent a U-Haul trailer and loot this Mother end to end!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on January 24, 2014, 10:29:37 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on January 24, 2014, 08:31:44 AM
Rome 2. Playing as Rome, I just finished off the Etruscans. I know that should've been done long ago, I'm about 70 turns in, but I let them keep Corsica out of generosity and then the treacherous bastards stabbed me in the back. I've also gotten re-hooked on the Sicilian Vespers mod for M2TW and will lead France in turning back the Moorish hordes and saving civilization while eating a sandwich at the same time.

  I always let the Etruscans hang around on Corsica too.  Partly I think because I wish the game was more focused and I wish the focus was on an earlier period.  It would be such fun taking Veii from the Etruscans in around 400 BC.  Games have such a limited view of amusements (paradoxically).  It's supposed to be fun to be a blacksmith in 1403 AD or the Whole Roman Senate in 272 BC.  Surely the real fun is somewhere in between, but games rarely seem to get to that point.  Even Birth of Rome starts after 300 BC.  I suppose the excuse is something like "But Americans have never heard of the Etruscans!"  Come on!  What about the Faliscans!  The brave 300...er...Faliscans!

  But I'm probably going to be playing DCS: Su-25T.  And CMFI and RoF and ARMAIII mostly.  anyway.

Well...what happened?  I had a son get delivered (He's fine and so is his mother).  It was epic in a Homeric, Odysseus and Calipso kind of way.   Other than that I played Unity of Command.  At some level Unity of Command resembles some of the typical childbirth manouvers:  watch the ubilical, sluosh the water, get out fast.

MetalDog

Congrats to you and your wife, MengJiao!  That's an awesome bit of news!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart


bob48

Congrats, MengJiao - have you signed him into Grog's yet?  ;)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

congrats man - but you seriously have to get priorities sorted!!!

gaming first!!   :P

MengJiao

Quote from: bob48 on January 30, 2014, 11:19:08 AM
Congrats, MengJiao - have you signed him into Grog's yet?  ;)

  I think he's working on his Blog: "Thoughts about about the Moro Reflex".  Like most babies I have known, in the first week or so
he gets startled and does something shockingly acrobatic.  Luckily, this reflex fades pretty fast and then it is six months or so before the
acrobatic rolling starts.

MengJiao

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 30, 2014, 11:19:35 AM
congrats man - but you seriously have to get priorities sorted!!!

gaming first!!   :P

  YungMeng is a serious gamer in his own right.  I looked on with some concern while his sister crept into the manloft and discreetly stepped on scrach Kampfgruppe or two.  YungMeng grimaced and looked serious.  It was probably "just gas" as they say about nearly everything a baby does, but still, I felt encouraged and suggested that his sister quit stepping on the Germans.  With that, YungMeng, sighed and went to sleep.  His sister said she was sorry and retrieved a few low-quality infantry companies from the bottoms of her socks.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Gusington

Congrats Meng! I personally still use the "it's just gas" routine because it's usually true. And I fell in love a little bit with Unity of Command for a few weeks. Very elegant game.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Congratulations, MengJiao! Get the little tyke started on games ASAP - but wait until after that "everything goes in the mouth" stage that babies so love. ;)

Martok

Quote from: link=topic=9090.msg231514#msg231514 date=1391097192
Well...what happened?  I had a son get delivered (He's fine and so is his mother).  It was epic in a Homeric, Odysseus and Calipso kind of way.   Other than that I played Unity of Command.  At some level Unity of Command resembles some of the typical childbirth manouvers:  watch the ubilical, sluosh the water, get out fast.
Congratulations, MengJiao!  Glad everyone is doing well.  :) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces