Main Menu

Crusader king 2 mods

Started by mikeck, January 30, 2014, 01:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mikeck

Thinking of starting a CK2 game . I have all the Dlc's but I was wondering if there are any must-have mods to play with? you know the equivalent of "Darth mod" for empire total war...like that one of those mods that you just don't want to be without. order most of you guys just play vanilla which is what I've been doing for the past two years and enjoying it.... Don't want to overcomplicate things you know?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

undercovergeek

im still happy with vanilla - theres flavour mods but ive never seen a Darth like mod to change AI patterns or the way the game works

Ian C

Britannia 479 AD - The Winter King (King Arthur)

A Dark Ages Total Conversion for CKII, based on "The Warlord Chronicles" saga by Bernard Cornwell
(The Winter King, The Enemy of God, Excalibur)


This looks pretty interesting. I installed it but haven't played it yet:


http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?633659-Introducing-quot-The-Winter-King-quot


and list of mods:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?698960-List-of-Mods

Kushan

#3
I've tried both the Prince and the Thane and CK2+ mods. Out of the two I like Prince and the Thane more, unfortunately its not compatible with the latest version of the game. Never really liked CK2+. Don't really remember the specifics, but I remember some of the things they have done being immersion breaking to me.

With the release of The Old Gods and the Sons of Abraham DLC's a lot of what I was looking for in mods has been added into the base game. Improved AI, more traits, more events have all been added in. Things like the Omen AAR have really shown me how far the event chains and such in the game has evolved since the original release.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?736028-From-Holy-Kingdom-to-Unholy-nightmare-Why-this-is-the-best-DLC-yet

For my upcoming Hapsburg CK2+EUIV game, I plan to use the Vanilla Immersion, Events and Traits and the Somewhat More Historical Map mods. I've ran a couple of test games with them, and the experience still feels immersive, without going overboard like CK2+ does IMO.


If your looking for a mod that completely overhauls the game to a new setting, I've heard both the Game of Thrones and Elder Kings (Elder Scrolls) mods are good, although I haven't personally tried them yet.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

mikeck

I think I'll just take with vanilla and the DLC that I have purchased another the mods strike me as doing anything revolutionary that I have to simply adding more decisions and things like that
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Ian C

Quote from: Kushan on January 30, 2014, 03:17:05 PM
Things like the Omen AAR have really shown me how far the event chains and such in the game has evolved since the original release.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?736028-From-Holy-Kingdom-to-Unholy-nightmare-Why-this-is-the-best-DLC-yet

That is insane.

undercovergeek

brilliant - never seen that before

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mikeck

CK2 is THE most understated game ever I think. Just the story that it tells. You can't "try to win"... If you make decisions that the ruler you have would make, the game becomes incredibly immersive. Meaning if your ruler has a characteristic of "impaler", then when you have an option to kill a prisoner (even of that is the better decision) order them killed.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

undercovergeek

Quote from: mikeck on February 01, 2014, 11:55:16 AM
CK2 is THE most understated game ever I think. Just the story that it tells. You can't "try to win"... If you make decisions that the ruler you have would make, the game becomes incredibly immersive. Meaning if your ruler has a characteristic of "impaler", then when you have an option to kill a prisoner (even of that is the better decision) order them killed.

I find the same with eu4.... I love both these games and always play as if it was me

In my eu4 game I've just been given cores on 2 Venetian territories as Austria but Milan stole them...... there will be a large Milanese war shortly!