And On the Sixth Day, God Created.. FRIDAY!!.. And There Was Much Gaming.

Started by Nefaro, January 31, 2014, 01:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bison

I got fired from the team I created in the league I created last night in OOTP 14.  So if I get any time this weekend, which is a very slim possibility I'll play some of that and some STWOR. 

Besides that it's the super bowl weekend.

Barthheart

Currently in a Castilian campaign in EUIV. Still have no idea how the trading system works but seem to be making more money this time.... And how the hell does France field such a large army?!?  >:(

Travel for work on Sunday... but squeezing in a game con in Seattle at eh end of next week.  :)

JudgeDredd

Superbowl and the 6 Nations Tournament - what's to play?

If I do get time to play, definitely carry on writing my AAR for World at War:Blood and Bridges.

I was kind of enjoying DayZ - but I got really bored of running around empty houses not finding much of anything - and some arse being bored and killing me even though I have a rotten apple and a bandera! So I'm not asure I'll be touching that anytime soon.

However - I need to get back to Football Manager 2014. I let it slip because I am at the end of the season and really need to sit down and concentrate to sort my future team out.

Possibly some more Splinter Cell:Blacklist for some FPS kick arse fun.

But RBS 6 Nations first and foremost!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

W8taminute

I'll continue to mess around with Airship Dragoon.  Quirky game but I love it as it's not overly complex.  It's a good time killer.  Then I'll fit in some more Dominions 4.

This week saw W8 getting his hands on a PS4.  I originally was going to hold off on getting one but I finally succumbed to that 'must havit bug!'.  I'll doink around with it playing mostly COD: Ghosts and maybe a little Assassin's Creed Blackflag.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!


Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 31, 2014, 01:35:40 AM
I've been playing a lot of War Thunder lately.  I would like to do more full-real simulator battles but the wait times are often pretty long so I mostly play in the historical battle servers.  I generally do pretty well in my Typhoon 1b/late and Tempest Mk. V but on the two alternate history maps where it's the Brits/US vs. the USSR, I get eaten alive by the Soviet planes.


They change the current Historical Battles to different battles every week or two.  So if you get sick of the same ones over & over, you can always look forward to a change coming at regular intervals.

I've been thinking of jumping back in, especially since the Arcade Battles have had their flight modelling improved (IMO) a bit so that the planes aren't quite the UFOs they used to be a couple months ago.  I also do Historical Battles but they didn't often spawn as fast as I'd like in the past.  Maybe that has improved lately.  :D


Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 31, 2014, 09:05:40 AM

If I do get time to play, definitely carry on writing my AAR for World at War:Blood and Bridges.


If I can't build up the mental fortitude to sit down and learn the Birds of Prey tabletop air combat system in the next week, I'll probably do Eisenbach Gap Deluxe first (or after).  Soooo thankful for dice pool mechanics.  ;)

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Nefaro on January 31, 2014, 09:48:38 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 31, 2014, 01:35:40 AM
I've been playing a lot of War Thunder lately.  I would like to do more full-real simulator battles but the wait times are often pretty long so I mostly play in the historical battle servers.  I generally do pretty well in my Typhoon 1b/late and Tempest Mk. V but on the two alternate history maps where it's the Brits/US vs. the USSR, I get eaten alive by the Soviet planes.


They change the current Historical Battles to different battles every week or two.  So if you get sick of the same ones over & over, you can always look forward to a change coming at regular intervals.

I've been thinking of jumping back in, especially since the Arcade Battles have had their flight modelling improved (IMO) a bit so that the planes aren't quite the UFOs they used to be a couple months ago.  I also do Historical Battles but they didn't often spawn as fast as I'd like in the past.  Maybe that has improved lately.  :D



I've been back into it for about a month now.  I nearly always get the US vs UK "mock" battle over Guam to simulate the invasion of Japan; Berlin 1945 US/UK vs USSR; or Kymysk 1945 UK vs. USSR.  Sometimes I'll get Malta, Operation Sea Lion, or Port Morseby. 

Sir Slash

I'm waiting to see if Meng is gonna have another baby this weekend. In the mean time, still trying to get up a mountain in CMFI and Lydia and I just found a wrecked ship on the coast in Skyrim, so I just got to see what's inside. And some wings, drinks and football Sunday.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Rayfer

Quote from: tgb on January 31, 2014, 06:32:37 AM
Might & Magic X Legacy.  I'm digging it a lot more than I thought I would, despite the somewhat clunky interface.

Same with me...enjoying it.  Level 8 and in the Elemental Forge.  Otherwise, ACW2....started a new campaign as the North after the latest patch.  Got to early September, 1861.....the obligatory loss at Manassas is over but it's a hot war now in Missouri and Kentucy.  Great game.

sandman2575

Wouldn't Friday correspond to the fifth Day of Creation?   :)


Anywayz --  OOTP14 definitely.  Pdox's announcement has me itchin' to start up an HOI3 campaign -- either BICE or TRP mod (hate that TRP doesn't do much in the way of overhauling graphics, though)

Wolfe1759

Gary Grigsby's World at War a World Divided, given the scale and turn times I'll hopefully be able to complete the whole of WW2 over the weekend.

I've also just bought a number of DLC packs for EUIV at 75% off from Humble Bundle so probably some of this as well.

In between watching the Six Nations - come on Ireland  :)
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

JudgeDredd

All this time I've been banging on about Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and all the time I've been playing Blacklist! DOH!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Slick Wilhelm

It'll be nothing but Wings Over Flanders Fields and World of Tanks for me. I'm really hooked on WOFF!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd