Future DLC for Rome 2 TW?

Started by Gusington, February 01, 2014, 02:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

There are surprisingly few threads on this over at totalwar.com or TWC. The ones that do exist are usually BS.

Does anyone have any good leads on what the next DLC will be? I am hoping for a late Roman era Barbarian Invasion/Fall of the Roman Empire reprise at some point, but I haven't read anything definitive online.

Anyone?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Kushan

I haven't seen anything from CA yet. I hope they continue in the same vein as Caesar in Gaul and do more focused scenario style DLC. I'd love to see something like CiG covering the Punic Wars and the rise of Rome.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

mikeck

Haven't heard a damn thing but I would really hope they would do a barbarian invasion just like they did for the first Rome....late Roman Empire
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

I've seen a lot of people clamoring for a Punic War DLC. I hope they go in the direction of the later empire eventually as that is my favorite era. Huns, Goths, Sassanids, Vandals...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Alexander 2 TW? I like the late era too. I think the Huns would look great in HD.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

I guarantee they'll do some full priced standalone spin-off of Rome 2.  They did it for Shogun 2 (FotS) and ETW (NTW) so there's every reason to expect one at some time.

Dunno what it may be.  I don't think the later Roman Empire would be a good start since it would be just one massive empire and mostly small ones nearby.  Such imbalances never go well in TW's strategic game. 

I'm thinking a Diadochi Wars era would be a good start since Alexander's empire became so fragmented and warred upon each other quite a bit.  Of course, this would just be an earlier start than Rome 2's but that's what we'll get one way or another.  Maybe they would add some Indian factions too.

Gusington

^Diadochi Wars are another set of conflicts I've been seeing a lot of requests/chatter for.

Don't forget the Eastern Empire...a 'Birth of Byzantium' DLC would be...deelish.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on February 02, 2014, 02:26:01 PM
^Diadochi Wars are another set of conflicts I've been seeing a lot of requests/chatter for.

Don't forget the Eastern Empire...a 'Birth of Byzantium' DLC would be...deelish.

When would Birth of Byzantium happen?  With Constantine (around 400 AD)? or Justinian (around 500 AD)?  Or even Heraclitus (around 600 AD)?

Gusington

Yeah I would say around 400 AD, with Constantine. Maybe even earlier in the 4th century. Hard to put a finger on it more specifically than that, but that's just my own interpretation.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on February 02, 2014, 02:26:01 PM
^Diadochi Wars are another set of conflicts I've been seeing a lot of requests/chatter for.


I would actually be surprised if they did make an expansion or standalone based on the Succession Wars since your average gamer/person, who doesn't have much knowledge of classical history, knows nothing about the period.  Hell, I can't remember all the events and names, there being such regular backstabbery, conflicts, deaths/murders, and general dastardliness.

I'll be fine with anything from the classical period or even the ancient stuff.  Wouldn't an Ancient Egypt/Hittite/Babylon/Etc setting be kinda cool too?  As long as I don't hear yet another, "OMG they need to do a Total War set in World War Two!" again.  >:(

Gusington

^Have you read Ghost on the Throne?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on February 02, 2014, 02:48:07 PM
Yeah I would say around 400 AD, with Constantine. Maybe even earlier in the 4th century. Hard to put a finger on it more specifically than that, but that's just my own interpretation.

  I guess I was off.  It would be more like 300 AD with Constantine,; 400 AD with Theodosius; etc.  Any of those would be swell.  Especially if you could be a Persian and answer Montiesquies's question:  "How can one be a Persian?"

Gusington

I have always loved playing the Persians in any era, to be honest.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

magnus

" Have you read Ghost on the Throne? "

Great book. it was hard for a while to find books on the Diadochi but the past two years there have been a few put out.

There is even a bio of Antiochus the great on Amazon.

Gusington

^I have it on its way to me via Amazon right now. What other titles do you recommend on the era?

And I'm having trouble picking a TW faction to play while reading 'Ghost'...Macedon? Sparta? Seleucids? All fascinating factions.

Maybe some other I haven't even thought of yet?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd