Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Keunert, March 30, 2012, 03:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Keunert

the best part in my humble opinion: standing with my Pz 38t between KV and JS and Kingtigers and greet them with:
'I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE!'
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

LongBlade

Nice. I hope they fled in terror.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Keunert

it's more about impressing the big posers on my own team.
you know what they say about big tanks and penis size?
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

bob48

OK, I keep going to the web site and wondering if or not I should give it a bash. How good is it guys?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Keunert

on a scale of 1 to 100 it is a q or r
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

bob48

Quote from: Keunert on March 30, 2012, 04:09:48 PM
it's more about impressing the big posers on my own team.
you know what they say about big tanks and penis size?

Hmm, so I go for a King Tiger or JS152 then ;D
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

LongBlade

Quote from: bob48 on March 30, 2012, 04:16:17 PM
OK, I keep going to the web site and wondering if or not I should give it a bash. How good is it guys?

@ Keunert - LOL.

Bob, it's great.

Although it's "free to play" it's better called "freemium." Meaning you can pay money to get extras and move up faster.

Don't expect a hard-core tank sim. It's more like an FPS with tanks. In a good way. I would highly recommend giving it a go then coming back tomorrow and asking questions.

I played the heck out of it, albeit with a press account. So I'm not well versed on which upgrades to take next. I had effectively infinite gold and XP so I just built whatever tank I wanted and rolled around in it. I can give some tips on general gameplay. Just don't ask me which chassis is better for X tank.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bob48

Thanks LB, I may well try getting it downloaded in time for the Easter Holidays and have a pootle around.

(Thinks - is pootle appropriate for tanks?..... Nah!)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

LongBlade

Quote from: bob48 on March 30, 2012, 04:58:58 PM
Thanks LB, I may well try getting it downloaded in time for the Easter Holidays and have a pootle around.

(Thinks - is pootle appropriate for tanks?..... Nah!)

By all means - when you have a IS-7 you can pootle wherever you desire.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Keunert

it is addictive and fun. even though i never am the last tank driving
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Nefaro

I'm convinced that I killed the Matchmaker's family in a past life.  >:(

Keunert

you're driving a pz 35t too?
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Steelgrave

I played the heck out of it for six months or so, wrote the first published review of it, and loved it up to the point to where suddenly.....I didn't. Have to say that I'm thinking of firing it up again though. It's weird to say that you miss a game....but I kinda miss it, lol!

Staggerwing

Quote from: Keunert on March 30, 2012, 03:15:44 PM
the best part in my humble opinion: standing with my Pz 38t between KV and JS and Kingtigers and greet them with:
'I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE!'

...And I'll take you to burn!

(Sorry, couldn't resist ;D)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys