Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Keunert, March 30, 2012, 03:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Greybriar

World of Tanks is having a Peace Weekend Special from 04:30 PDT (11:30 UTC) on September 21, 2012 and lasting until 04:00 PDT on September 24, 2012 (11:00 UTC).

Of all the offers, what I am interested in most is the 50% off the price of equipment. There is also 50% off the price of:

  • KV-1
  • M4 Sherman
  • PzkPfw IV
  • AMX 12t
And some other stuff.

Enjoy!
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

FlickJax

With the impending release of 8.0 and new Physics; i'm excited to see the new graphics but also hoping that the new physics doesn't make it too arcadie...

Tpek

Have they finally fixed the boringness of the game by implementing the most important feaures requested, i.e bots, realistic-sided battles, commander position, infantry (and other non-tanks), etc...
???

LongBlade

Quote from: Tpek on September 25, 2012, 06:52:11 AM
Have they finally fixed the boringness of the game by implementing the most important feaures requested, i.e bots, realistic-sided battles, commander position, infantry (and other non-tanks), etc...
???

I wouldn't count on it.

They launched that game as a kind of FPS with a tank overlay and it's been wildly successful. No reason to think they'd change the formula now.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Nefaro

I'm looking forward to World of Warplanes, and primarily World of Warships (is that the name?). 

I just don't have the shooter itch much anymore.. even for a slower paced one like WOT.

Deadskin

if you are interested in World of Warplanes I recommend War Thunder it is by far the better of the 2.  http://warthunder.com/en/

Nefaro

Quote from: Deadskin on September 25, 2012, 07:26:35 PM
if you are interested in World of Warplanes I recommend War Thunder it is by far the better of the 2.  http://warthunder.com/en/

Ahhh cool.  Hadn't seen that one.

Thanks.

Not even sure how much I'll get into the warplane ones.  Just hoping the warship one will be decent.

FlickJax

Version 0.8.0 really improves the game, sounds and physics make it feel more like tanks in my opinion and graphics now very pretty.

Windigo

the sound FX are much more realistic. My matilda's 76mm now sounds less imposing than the 120 mm on one of my heavy tanks
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

since 8.0 Windys blackend finger smells funny.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

8.0 is probably one of the best patches theyve released for the game.
Im just a bit pissed they took my Pz-4s L70 away from me!
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

all of the maps have recieved some great tweeks to the layout.
much more space is now accessible and the old avenues of attack have been changed.
great job there.
Im also getting a 40% increase in framerates with higher graphic settings.
and the crack of my 88's sounds like a frikin 88!
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


steve58

Quote from: Nefaro on September 25, 2012, 06:31:48 PM
I'm looking forward to World of Warplanes, and primarily World of Warships (is that the name?). 

I just don't have the shooter itch much anymore.. even for a slower paced one like WOT.

Dang, how did I miss an announcement of World of Warships.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

republic

Anyone interested in starting a Grogheads Platoon?  I joined the Wargamer one forever, but no one plays or wants to group up.  It would be nice to have some strategy and cooperation.

GDS_Starfury

I would but I dont pay to play with WoT's.
the 8.5 patch has done great things with the maps and the graphic engine BTW.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.