Has anyone tried Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941?

Started by Greybriar, February 05, 2014, 11:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Greybriar

The latest Matrix Newsletter gives Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 top billing. There is even a demo for those who want to give it a try.

Judging from the screenshots it reminds me a lot of Panzer Corps or some other game descended from Panzer General. So I am not too inclined to rush out and buy it or even take the time to download, install, and play the demo as I have too many games on my gaming plate as it is.

Is it different enough from the other beer and pretzels World War II PC games to warrant spending $19.99 for the digital version? Or should I just pass?
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Al

This was discussed a bit in the Permanent Matrix Price Reductions thread   http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=9040.15

If you want an easy game to play and one that does get some regular developer support (at least on the forum, anyhow) - I think it's worth $20.
Al

Greybriar

Thanks for the response, Al.

I missed Jim Cobb's review last September of Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 or else I probably wouldn't have started this thread.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.