Main Menu

Living EU4 for real

Started by undercovergeek, February 12, 2014, 03:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

Quote from: bob48 on February 13, 2014, 06:08:43 PM
I take it then Geek, you didn't have the curried badger face. Did you go for the boiled bulls tongue instead?

Stay safe old chum - you know what they say about Lithuanian hookers...........

Found a restaurant that just does steak thank god! I'm assuming it's cow

There are a fair few orthodox looking churches in the old town and the tour guide last night said they were mainly Slavic in origin....people not churches!

Gusington

Are there hot Lithuanian women?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

#32
Quote from: Toonces on February 13, 2014, 09:16:51 PM
Well, crap.  I always though mead was like a thick beer...like Guiness to the max or something.  Huh.  Now I have to go back and re-read Game of Thrones, but think wine instead of beer everytime they drink mead.

Can you buy mead in the States?  I think I'd like to try it now, just so I can be well-learned.

Yes, you absolutely can.  Just head to a well-stocked liquor store, typically one that also carries some wines. 

There are numerous companies who make mead here in the states, plus you can often find some imports too.  There is one or two British ones that are pretty dry and heavy.  I think a bottle usually runs me between $12 and $20 a bottle here in KC.   Good for getting your initial beer buzz to another level if you have a couple glasses later on, too.

Some come with a spice pack and instructions on how to 'Mull' it (aka heat it up) if that's something you wanna try.  I just dunk it straight and cold. 


From what I understand, Mead was drank in more northern latitudes long ago because grains were more precious due to shorter seasons and more limited farmland.  So they more often used bee honey to make liquor.

Toonces

Alright, I'm going to look into this and get back to you.  There's a nice liquor store pretty close to my house.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on February 14, 2014, 12:58:20 AM
Alright, I'm going to look into this and get back to you.  There's a nice liquor store pretty close to my house.

Dunno how friendly they are at yours but ask them which is the light & sweet one and which is the heavier dry one.  They should know if they've been running the place for awhile, if only from others telling them.  I'd recommend trying one of each but, as I said, I prefer the less 'foofoo' heavier stuff, in case you only get one.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on February 13, 2014, 10:08:33 PM
Are there hot Lithuanian women?

Each and every one I'm working with is

They've got the tall Scandinavian, blonde hair thing coupled with that dirty fk me, cheekbone thing Slavic girls have

Sadly there is an exception to the rule and the ginger haired Sherman that cleans my room is the only one that wants me!

bob48

LOL - Ginger haired Sherman!

Go for it mate, at your age you can't afford to be too choosy.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bob48 on February 14, 2014, 07:26:36 AM
Go for it mate, at your age you can't afford to be too choosy.

Words to live by, Bob. ;)

bob48

Its amazing how much advancing years lower your standards  ;)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

Quote from: bob48 on February 14, 2014, 07:26:36 AM
LOL - Ginger haired Sherman!

Go for it mate, at your age you can't afford to be too choosy.

Cheeky old git I'm still in me prime

Back to your free crumpets you

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

FarAway Sooner

So, the biggest question I have out of this whole thread:  What was the name of the original Harry Potter novel before it came to America?

bob48

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

All hot? Blimey. Time to head for the Google.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Yep on Philosopher's Stone. American publishers didn't think American readers would get the connection that a philosopher's stone was a legendary object. Which is a good indication of what American publishers think of their audiences, especially considering the shite that they publish, in general.