Dungeon Keeper for free at GOG!

Started by Shelldrake, February 14, 2014, 06:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Shelldrake

Head on over to GOG.com and grab DK1 plus expansion, FREE for the next 24 hours. Thanks GOG! :)
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Tpek

Apparently there is such a long queue to get a free copy of this game that it takes time for them to add it to your account.
They even displayed a message saying so, telling me I'll be notified by email when they've added it to my account :P

Shelldrake

Quote from: Tpek on February 14, 2014, 09:03:47 AM
Apparently there is such a long queue to get a free copy of this game that it takes time for them to add it to your account.
They even displayed a message saying so, telling me I'll be notified by email when they've added it to my account :P

I got the same message but the game was in my account within the hour.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

KyzBP

Quote from: Tpek on February 14, 2014, 09:03:47 AM
Apparently there is such a long queue to get a free copy of this game that it takes time for them to add it to your account.
They even displayed a message saying so, telling me I'll be notified by email when they've added it to my account :P

Same here.  I wonder how well this game has held up?

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on February 14, 2014, 09:03:47 AM
Apparently there is such a long queue to get a free copy of this game that it takes time for them to add it to your account.
They even displayed a message saying so, telling me I'll be notified by email when they've added it to my account :P


I'm thankful they implemented a queue for this freebie.  They obviously learned from the last couple times how it could bring their bandwidth to a screeching halt for a time, which is never good.

If they hadn't done this, I doubt we would've been able to load their web pages in any decent amount of time.  ;)

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Some other damned-good offers too. D&D's for 80% off and just released Ascalon Book 3. I might buy something just to support this site and their good work. Anybody had any negative experiences with this site?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 14, 2014, 10:39:20 AM
Some other damned-good offers too. D&D's for 80% off and just released Ascalon Book 3. I might buy something just to support this site and their good work. Anybody had any negative experiences with this site?

My experiences with GOG.com have all been positive. I've purchased at least a half-dozen games through them over the past few years. No problems at all and picked up some classic games for just a few bucks each.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Same thing here, a wait in store, but pfft, it's free. Plus this is no different then the time they put Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics up for free...although then it was more of a clusterf*ck so this must be their fix.  8)

Second Mirth's praise...GOG has never given me problems and they always have some great classic games for cheap. Never a problem installing or running anything thus far.

Tpek

I see it in my account as well (without having received an email about it).

BanzaiCat

Yep, it's in mine as well without me having to do anything. Sweet.

mirth

I got it pretty quick too. Email notification and saw it in my library.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Wolfe1759

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys