If it looks like, acts like and walks like a duck, it must be FRIDAY!!!

Started by MetalDog, February 14, 2014, 06:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

An actual weekend at home, all to myself, I have an MRI scan in the morning and then -

Restarting austria game in HRE - spreading the love not war

Expanding carthage thru Africa and updating the AAR for romeII

Buying, practicing and playing heroes of stalingrad

Staring at the banished countdown on steam


TheCommandTent

After shoveling way to much snow this morning I decided to sit down and start a new world in Minecraft.  I loaded it up and it set me down in a snow biome ... needless to say that might have been the fastest I have ever exited a computer game upon starting to play it.

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

MetalDog

Quote from: sandman2575 on February 14, 2014, 11:11:08 AM
MetalDog, your title for this week's thread brought this to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDlaJ4Y8UXY

A Duck!

Which seemed fitting, since I will be continuing my CKII saga as Duke (duck?) of Salerno.  It's not going especially well (although I did earn the honorific "The Dragon", which is cool).

Thanks for the clip!  Nothing like a little Python to get the laughter going :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

W8taminute

So I tried World of Tanks for the 360 today and I really loved it.  So much that I created an account on my PC so that I can play there too!  I you are a WoT player and want to pwn some noob look for me.  My username is W8taminute strangely enough.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Arctic Blast

Oh hai, long weekend!

Board games tomorrow. I'm taking Small World, Zombicide and...something else. Not sure what yet. I'm also going to sit down and play some Combat Commander Europe this weekend. The rules have been read, and it seems pretty straightforward.

I finished Tomb Raider (and quite enjoyed it), so it's time for something else to knock from the pile. I'm leaning towards Metro Last Light and perhaps Fallen Enchantress : LH.

Rizik6

Quote from: Barthheart on February 14, 2014, 01:54:22 PM
Quote from: Rizik6 on February 14, 2014, 01:45:28 PM
...... I'm going back and forth on picking up Heroes of Stalingrad.

Just get it!  8)

Thanks for giving me the advice I wanted to hear.  I picked it up.  :D

jomni


JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people


Toonces

^ +1.

In many ways, Steam is the devil...except when you have to do a new PC install.  Then it is GOD.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Grim.Reaper

I must be weird....I actually love to build new pcs and reinstall software:)  feels like I am reborn and making a fresh start.  I often find that I had a ton of games installed that I never played anyways.  Nothing like a brand new start!

Shelldrake

Quote from: Tuna on February 14, 2014, 01:26:50 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 14, 2014, 07:30:18 AM
Quote from: Shelldrake on February 14, 2014, 07:14:59 AM
Unfortunately I have to work this weekend but hope to fit in some Empire Total War - just playing vanilla for now. Any good mod recommendations?

Darth.

Darth

Ultimate Commander or Empire Platinum?
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Shelldrake

"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell