Sniper Elite v3 - Afrika Korp!

Started by Jarhead0331, February 17, 2014, 05:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Grim.Reaper

Loved sniper 2, day one purchase for me....

Silent Disapproval Robot

I didn't even know they were working on #3.  Excellent!  Love the differences in the interview answers between the lead developer and the sound guy.  The lead gave the sort of disingenuous "oh we do this kill-cam stuff because it's educational" answer whereas the sound guy was just "Cor!  We gort some fruit and veg and squished it all up to make them loverly organ mushing sounds you get when dem bullets hit dem body parts, innit?!"

MuzzyDev

Just picked this up at the last Steam sale and buzzed through it.  Terrific fun!  And yeah.  Killcam good!  Adding this to my want list.

Chris--
Chris Parsons
Product Manager, Muzzy Lane

JudgeDredd

That kill cam is a bit gruesome for me tbh. I must be more squeamish than I thought!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

magnus

 I'm sold on it.

The only thing I kept thinking about during the kill cams was humpty dumpty.

The way they talk they created the kill cam first and then a game to work with it.


Grim.Reaper

Is there any rough estimate for release?  So far, I could only find "2014" as the estimate.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 19, 2014, 11:29:20 AM
That kill cam is a bit gruesome for me tbh. I must be more squeamish than I thought!

Won't someone please think of the grapes?!

Grim.Reaper

Saw at gamestop they have the release date for the consoles as 7/1/14....maybe PC release date will be in that ballpark too....

Grim.Reaper

Well, not surprisingly. I decided to jump in on the pre-order for Sniper Elite 3, although I am sure I would be able to find it cheaper some day:)  I simply loved Sniper Elite 2 and know I will get my $39 worth.  This cost is a 20% discount, plus you get one free DLC with it.  If your buying the PC version, you can only buy from the developer store, but it is a Steam key.

https://games.rebellionstore.com/en/product/view/sniper-elite-3

According to the latest information, game set to release on the PC June 27th and the consoles in early July...not sure how firm all these dates are, but seems to be what people think and is currently listed on the developer's order page.

While I wait, I decided to run through Sniper Elite 2 one last time...plus I did something tonight I never thought I would....bought the zombie army versions, 1 & 2 since on sale at Gamersgate for $3.75 a piece....although I am not a big zombie fan, even these versions have a good feel to them so far.

Can't wait for June 27th!

Silent Disapproval Robot

Let me know if you're up for some co-op zombie snipin'.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 26, 2014, 12:30:12 AM
Let me know if you're up for some co-op zombie snipin'.

Thanks SDR...let me see what kind of schedule I'll have this week....just curious, where do you live/timezone and what time do you typically play?

One thing for sure, this seems very hard to play as single player when you have hordes of enemy coming at you non-stop:(

And the fact you have to always get a headshot for a kill makes it tougher since the zombies are constantly swaying their heads, tough to get a clean shot....


Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 26, 2014, 07:17:35 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 26, 2014, 12:30:12 AM
Let me know if you're up for some co-op zombie snipin'.

One thing for sure, this seems very hard to play as single player when you have hordes of enemy coming at you non-stop:(

And the fact you have to always get a headshot for a kill makes it tougher since the zombies are constantly swaying their heads, tough to get a clean shot....

What? You expected the zombie apocalypse to be a walk in the park?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


tgb

I must need new glasses because I keep reading the thread title as "Stripper Elite" (which would be an automatic Day One purchase, btw.).

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 26, 2014, 07:57:21 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 26, 2014, 07:17:35 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 26, 2014, 12:30:12 AM
Let me know if you're up for some co-op zombie snipin'.

One thing for sure, this seems very hard to play as single player when you have hordes of enemy coming at you non-stop:(

And the fact you have to always get a headshot for a kill makes it tougher since the zombies are constantly swaying their heads, tough to get a clean shot....

What? You expected the zombie apocalypse to be a walk in the park?

Come on, I wanted a realistic zombie game that would really happen in the real world:)

Its actually pretty fun so far but with so many zombies coming at you, really have to be quick and use all your weapons....not really a sniper experience, more a survive at all costs experience:)