Steel Beasts Pro Players?

Started by Tomlok, February 18, 2014, 09:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on July 16, 2014, 11:22:07 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 16, 2014, 05:12:56 PM
Purchase and registration/activation was pretty painless

Challenger II looks superb.

I had no idea what to do - so I'll have to look at the controls tomorrow and assign keys (I don't want to use joystick for this)

Best advice, pick a vehicle you enjoy and learn the shit out of it. If you try to take on multiple vehicles at once you'll lose your mind. The Leo/Abrams/Chally/T72 are all very unique, with much different fire control systems. Your head will explode from constantly having to reference the manual.

Also, I prefer mouse over stick in game. Just feels another and easier to navigate to UI/Map
That is defo sounds advice...something I've never been good at and always have my head exploding!

Just to choose...Leopard or Challenger???  :-\
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on July 17, 2014, 12:18:28 AM
Good advice. I started with Abrams then found out the Leo is more complicated.

I recall the Leo 2's fire control system being easier to use than the M1A1's in the first SB.  That not the case anymore?

Yskonyn

Haha! Asid's conversion conquest is going well I see! :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

Well I really like Microprose M1 Tank Platoon 2. Superb game and graphics actually still hold up.

Others have hit the market, like the T-72 sim...but I don't do Russian armour. The playable Challenger and leopard sold me.

Price of this and implementation always made me hold off on this one. But the monthly sub to give it a go is absolutely fine with me. I know...paying for a demo...when would we ever have thought this day would arrive back in the golden age...but it has and I'm not fussed. £6 is such a small amount to try and see if something suits. I'd rather that than £80 to shelve it.

Anyway - one month - £6 - see what it's like.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on July 17, 2014, 02:25:38 AM
Quote from: jomni on July 17, 2014, 12:18:28 AM
Good advice. I started with Abrams then found out the Leo is more complicated.

I recall the Leo 2's fire control system being easier to use than the M1A1's in the first SB.  That not the case anymore?

I dunno.  I remember the Leo commander can do more than an Abrams commander.
Or maybe just because I got so used to the Abrams.

Skoop

The m1A2 has all the capabilities of the Leo now, plus the site looks better and higher power zoom.

JC______

I absolutely love the M1A2 SEP and its hunter-killer capabilities. I wrote this short piece a while back:

http://kriegsimulation.blogspot.com/2014/02/steel-beasts-prope-30-hunter-killer.html



Sorry for blowing my own horn.

Cheers,


Asid

War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

JC______

How are you, Asid?

Thanks! A tad big ... I will re size it when I get home.

Cheers,


Asid

War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Jack Nastyface

Yeah...the M1A2 is deadly.  The 50X magnification is a nice game changer, and I like the new rounds (primarily the MPAT) that came with the 3.0 upgrade.  That upgrade, by the way, also had other amazing game changers, notably playable Javelin and Stiletto missile systems.  I know there's lots of talk about the price of this game, but I have spent probably hundreds of hours with SB and now SB Pro PE, and it is a game I will always come back to.  Unfortunately for me, I am gaming on a crappy system so I can't play that much anymore, but as soon as I upgrade my system, SB Pro PE will probably be the first or second game I install.

Sabot up!
Jack Nastyface
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Yskonyn

Oh my god, you just called it a game!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jack Nastyface

Ouch...I guess I did.  Well, no going back.  Please select an appropriate meme for my response:
1.  Oh yes I did!
2.  I call 'em as I sees 'em
3.  Oh yeah?  You and what army?
4.  That's just how I roll.
5.  Bam! There it is!
6.  Not.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

jomni

#58
Quote from: JC______ on July 17, 2014, 12:47:36 PM
I absolutely love the M1A2 SEP and its hunter-killer capabilities. I wrote this short piece a while back:

Ah so later M1's can do the same thing the Leo's were doing before.  Nice to hear.