"They may take our lives, but they will never take our Fridaaaayyyyy!"

Started by undercovergeek, February 21, 2014, 05:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MengJiao

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 21, 2014, 09:03:06 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 21, 2014, 06:55:48 AMNot sure what it is, but, most of what has befuddled me in the past has become clear.

ya dun git smarter by osmosis hanging out here.

  Yppers!  Anyway -- Where Eagles Dare (board game) for me and CMFI.

Grim.Reaper

Well, I finally pulled the trigger on CMBN: Market Garden...really going to try and stay with it this time.  Hopefully, will have some good time available tomorrow.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Stagger hit the nail right on the head.  These farming type games really immerse you in beautiful scenery and take your mind off of RL woes.  Watching the sun rise over your crops is really therapeutic.   You liked FS2011 better?  Looks like I'll have to look into that one as well. 

And Sir Slash, I assure you my crops are legal!  LOL
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Greybriar

Quote from: W8taminute on February 22, 2014, 07:19:49 PM
Picked up Farming Simulator 2013 on sale on Steam Friday and I just can't get enough.  Who ever thought that watching grass grow could be so much fun.  No really, I'm serious.  This is one engaging game.

After I read your post I was considering buying Agricultural Simulator 2013 so I googled it to get more information. After reading this blog, I am very reluctant to buy it.

Have you had any issues with the game?
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

WallysWorld

I played Agricultural Simulator 2011 for a quite a long time and enjoyed it. It is quite relaxing to play and satisfying to see your crops grow.

I also have Farming Simulator 2013, but haven't got much into it yet. After reading these posts, I'll have to.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

bob48

You lads have made me feel quite bucolic now. I'm quite tempted by the idea of the farming sim. I was going to ask if its a game that grows on you, but MD would only think that I was being punny  :)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 22, 2014, 10:02:32 PM
Well, I finally pulled the trigger on CMBN: Market Garden...really going to try and stay with it this time.  Hopefully, will have some good time available tomorrow.
Let me know how you go. I'm still trying to fight my way into Combat Mission:Battle for Normandy and Fortress Italy. I stopped short of Market Garden, even though I like the arena, because I just do not seem to be able to get into these games.

I watch videos on Youtube, they inspire me, I load it up, see all the units I have to position and often bail at that point, and if I don't I end up bailing when my wee troops start falling everywhere!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 23, 2014, 06:36:25 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 22, 2014, 10:02:32 PM
Well, I finally pulled the trigger on CMBN: Market Garden...really going to try and stay with it this time.  Hopefully, will have some good time available tomorrow.
Let me know how you go. I'm still trying to fight my way into Combat Mission:Battle for Normandy and Fortress Italy. I stopped short of Market Garden, even though I like the arena, because I just do not seem to be able to get into these games.

I watch videos on Youtube, they inspire me, I load it up, see all the units I have to position and often bail at that point, and if I don't I end up bailing when my wee troops start falling everywhere!

Will do..played a bit last night on one of the smaller scenarios, had a good time.  I am going to play we-go versus RTS since I think it will help me like it better and give me more time to give orders.  I did get slaughtered though, what else is new:)

MetalDog

Quote from: bob48 on February 23, 2014, 06:30:30 AM
You lads have made me feel quite bucolic now. I'm quite tempted by the idea of the farming sim. I was going to ask if its a game that grows on you, but MD would only think that I was being punny  :)


And I would be RIGHT you mean old man :P
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

W8taminute

Quote from: Greybriar on February 23, 2014, 12:37:37 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on February 22, 2014, 07:19:49 PM
Picked up Farming Simulator 2013 on sale on Steam Friday and I just can't get enough.  Who ever thought that watching grass grow could be so much fun.  No really, I'm serious.  This is one engaging game.

After I read your post I was considering buying Agricultural Simulator 2013 so I googled it to get more information. After reading this blog, I am very reluctant to buy it.

Have you had any issues with the game?

Greybriar I was also looking into Agricultural Simulator but all of the Steam reviews on the game were mostly negative.  They mostly talk about how pretty the game looks but the game itself is riddled with bugs.  Sounds like WallysWorld has had some success with the game however. 

So far with Farming Simulator (~21 hours of play time) I've had no issues with crashes or bugs.  The game is pretty forgiving in the sense that if you drive your tractor into a ditch you can usually work your way out of it.  I had one instance where my tractor got stuck on a sidewalk curb that overlooked a slope.  Could not drive the tractor out of the situation and I was ready to hit the vehicle reset switch the game comes with which places all of your vehicles in the last save game locations.  Then it dawned on me to use another tractor to push the stuck tractor to safety.  It worked quite well just like it would have in real life.  That really is the only trouble I've come across with the game. 


Edit:  I just remembered to comment about the blog link you posted.  He states dedicated server issues and paying extra money to play online with his wife.  I have not tried multiplayer with this game yet but supposedly you can join a farming community and help build a farming business together with other players from across the internet.  Unless you want to play multiplayer sessions of Farming Simulator 2013 I don't find that this would be an issue.  Some of the Youtube videos I've watched about multiplayer seem to suggest that playing online with other people is not an issue.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

undercovergeek

i see your Farming Sim and i raise you Banished - had my first hour with the game today, no super speeding the clock, just real time watching my little fellas build their houses, fish, and collect resources - very serene, very satisfying - it all went down the sh**ter when all my fishermen died because i didnt build the hut long enough - but ill be back in for a retry later

Martok

Man, sometimes I almost forget how enjoyable FE:LH is, and how much I like (most of) the game's mechanics. 

Started a new campaign with my custom Sovereign, and am merrily exploring and questing my way around the surrounding territory.  Sadly, I'm not quite powerful enough yet to engage frickin' spiders (aside from the occasional singleton), so I'll have to swing back around to take them out after leveling up once or twice more. 

Already got my first champion (Iriel), and am steadily accruing additional Fame so I can pop a second one.  May split off Iriel with his own small army to cover more ground.  Am trying to balance research between Civics and Magic (I went with the Mage path for my Sovereign).  Fun! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mikeck

Quote from: Martok on February 23, 2014, 01:29:55 PM
Man, sometimes I almost forget how enjoyable FE:LH is, and how much I like (most of) the game's mechanics. 

Started a new campaign with my custom Sovereign, and am merrily exploring and questing my way around the surrounding territory.  Sadly, I'm not quite powerful enough yet to engage frickin' spiders (aside from the occasional singleton), so I'll have to swing back around to take them out after leveling up once or twice more. 

Already got my first champion (Iriel), and am steadily accruing additional Fame so I can pop a second one.  May split off Iriel with his own small army to cover more ground.  Am trying to balance research between Civics and Magic (I went with the Mage path for my Sovereign).  Fun!

Yep, I'm glad this turned out to be a great game. Supposedly patch 1.6 is near so I will start up a game then (thought I heard that). I have a feeling this and age of wonders 3 will occupy a lot off time in the spring....right nor I'm in a Cold War/Romam/EU IV phases
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson