Main Menu

Steam Down?

Started by Tpek, February 28, 2014, 05:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

Around 5:00 pm central US time, I haven't had any trouble logging in the past few days, and that ought to be close to peak I'd think.

But of course my local servers might have been upgraded already or whatever. (I'm still staying off it for now so as to reduce the server load a little for other people.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Arctic Blast

Quote from: steve58 on March 19, 2014, 06:12:17 PM
Same here.  Something definitely going on with Steam lately like a DDOS or some major hardware/software issues...

There seems to be a spate of DDOS crap going on right now. One of the freelance writing sites I use got hit, and I've read about a number of other business sites being taken down as well. Steam and Origin were targeted a couple of weeks ago by the mobs of overgrown children.  >:(

undercovergeek

ive seen this thread and thought 'huh, not much to do with me' having no access to pc for a few days but tonight - UK 20:00 steam is very sluggish, access to my games library is cool, but the sites a bit weird - you cant search the store, apparently CKII doesnt exist at all and the pages are sometimes blank

Tpek

Quote from: Arctic Blast on March 20, 2014, 01:55:10 PM
Quote from: steve58 on March 19, 2014, 06:12:17 PM
Same here.  Something definitely going on with Steam lately like a DDOS or some major hardware/software issues...

There seems to be a spate of DDOS crap going on right now. One of the freelance writing sites I use got hit, and I've read about a number of other business sites being taken down as well. Steam and Origin were targeted a couple of weeks ago by the mobs of overgrown children.  >:(

It's not mobs.
A single guy is enough for just purchasing/renting/leasing a Bot-net for this.
It's a arsehole.

Nefaro

Ugh.

If Steam were downloading updates any slower right now, it would be going in reverse.   

Primetime again.  Took a couple tries to get logged in.

I was debating picking up the Warlock 2 early access but at this d/l rate it would take a day to download.  I've yet to play Rome 2 to see if it's still crashing on my desktop.

JasonPratt

No login last night (central US around 6pm), not that I cared.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

steve58

#66
Down yet again.  Can't login in.  Getting tiresome...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

RooksBailey

Quote from: steve58 on March 24, 2014, 01:58:04 PM
Down yet again.  Can't login in.  Getting tiresome...

I was just coming here to see if other people where having a problem.   ;D  Yup.  Me, too.  This time I can't get on at all.  Usually I just retry my connection and I am back in business, but now I am totally locked out.  Good thing I haven't been using Steam the last few weeks (been on a non-Steam Fallout 3 kick). 

Valve better get some more servers because this could cost them customers.  People are already suspicious of Steam DRM - this will just be more grist for the mill.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Nefaro

Damn thing just died again while I was browsing the Workshop.

QuoteError Code: -118

Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not be connected to the internet.

::)

SgtRock

Is the problem with Stream, maybe is Comcast or other ISP's? The way the internet works now, ISP's cap/limit bandwidth until some one pays them to stop!!! :(

JudgeDredd

WOW. Steam offline again.

Is this indications of the "dread" that a lot of people forecast many many moons ago?

Fair play it's up a damn site more than it's down - but when almost my entire game library is on Steam - it IS a pain when it's offline
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Tpek

Quote from: SgtRock on March 25, 2014, 12:59:11 AM
Is the problem with Stream, maybe is Comcast or other ISP's? The way the internet works now, ISP's cap/limit bandwidth until some one pays them to stop!!! :(

It's not ISPs.
It is actually Steam.
They've been acting wonky for a week now.

sandman2575

^well over a week now, unfortunately.  Seems like this has been going on for a month plus.

Y'all may want to bookmark these 2 sites, which tell you right away if Steam is down:

http://www.issteamdown.com/

http://steamstat.us/

undercovergeek

It would be nice if they stepped up and said something

MuzzyDev

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 25, 2014, 08:56:36 AM
It would be nice if they stepped up and said something

If the site is down, where would they post it?
Chris Parsons
Product Manager, Muzzy Lane