Sovereignty Crown of Kings weekly spotlights

Started by Lord Zimoa, March 05, 2014, 12:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Martok

I don't know.  Lore can make a world of difference where immersion is concerned.  At least, that's generally been the case for me. 

Not that gameplay isn't crucial, of course.  However, I find it's empty without background/context to give it meaning. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces


Martok

Quote from: Lord Zimoa on April 13, 2014, 06:46:27 PM
Sovereignty: Crown of Kings weekly spotlight: The Azure Isles

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=175&t=49368
Okay, these guys sound like they could be a *lot* of fun to play!  Assuming I get this game, I had been thinking my first play-through would be with the Boruvian Empire, but I may have just changed my mind.  (I wonder how many times I'll say that before all the playable nations are revealed...)  ;D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Lord Zimoa

This week's Sovereignty: Crown of Kings spotlight takes a peek at powerful Hadrigel.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=175&t=49516

Martok

Well Prussia-philes will now have a faction they can look forward to playing.  ;D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Lord Zimoa


Martok

Link isn't working atm.  But then, the entire Slitherine site seems to be down right now. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

RedArgo


Martok

Thanks RedArgo.  I sometimes forget I can check the Matrix site as well. 

Sonneneve is looking good.  I do like me some classic High Elves.  :) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Kushan

Another good preview. Any idea on a release date?

I wish Matrix would do these weekly previews for more of their upcoming games.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Nefaro

#40
Quote from: RedArgo on April 28, 2014, 01:05:32 PM
In case you want an alternative...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3599527

I really wish they'd combine their sites.


Please God no.

The Slitherine site is a mess, IMO.  Trying to find a patch for a specific game there is a damn nightmare.  I recall having to dig through many pages, individually, looking for the latest FOG patch a few years ago.  Took me a long time.  I recently tried with something else and gave up after not finding a well-organized list.  At least Matrix is easier to navigate, and their patches have been linked directly on the front page (and alphabetically on one screen!) in recent times.

RedArgo

Quote from: Nefaro on April 28, 2014, 04:04:27 PM
Quote from: RedArgo on April 28, 2014, 01:05:32 PM
In case you want an alternative...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3599527

I really wish they'd combine their sites.


Please God no.

The Slitherine site is a mess, IMO.  Trying to find a patch for a specific game there is a damn nightmare.  I recall having to dig through many pages, individually, looking for the latest FOG patch a few years ago.  Took me a long time.  I recently tried with something else and gave up after not finding a well-organized list.  At least Matrix is easier to navigate, and their patches have been linked directly on the front page (and alphabetically on one screen!) in recent times.

I rarely go to Slitherine, so I didn't know that.  In that case move everything to Matrix! I do wish all forums were like this one though, when you push new, it actually goes to the new messages.  Most either just go to the bottom or just start at the top.

Nefaro

Quote from: RedArgo on April 28, 2014, 06:03:57 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on April 28, 2014, 04:04:27 PM
Quote from: RedArgo on April 28, 2014, 01:05:32 PM
In case you want an alternative...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3599527

I really wish they'd combine their sites.


Please God no.

The Slitherine site is a mess, IMO.  Trying to find a patch for a specific game there is a damn nightmare.  I recall having to dig through many pages, individually, looking for the latest FOG patch a few years ago.  Took me a long time.  I recently tried with something else and gave up after not finding a well-organized list.  At least Matrix is easier to navigate, and their patches have been linked directly on the front page (and alphabetically on one screen!) in recent times.

I rarely go to Slitherine, so I didn't know that.  In that case move everything to Matrix! I do wish all forums were like this one though, when you push new, it actually goes to the new messages.  Most either just go to the bottom or just start at the top.

I would support them combining into the Matrix site's format, of course.  The Slitherine one can be troublesome IMO.

mikeck

Quote from: Nefaro on March 05, 2014, 01:14:57 PM
Quote from: tgb on March 05, 2014, 12:47:30 PM
I forgot all about this.  What is the currently release date?

I don't think the beta is even scheduled yet so I've not been expecting it for awhile still.

From what little I've gathered it has some card-driven gameplay, kinda strategy boardgame-ish.  Which is enough to keep me checking back.

Originally this was slated for a 2012 to 1st quarter 2013. I'm glad to see it growing but I kind of get concerned when games are delayed for long periods. This game looks really cool though
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Lord Zimoa

This week's Sovereignty spotlight is on the great hinterlands of the Iron Barony, home of the Orcs!

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=175&t=49775