Pdox cancels East vs. West

Started by sandman2575, March 07, 2014, 12:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

tgb

For those who might want to give it a shot (I might - I just downloaded the manual from the developers website), Us and Them is now on Steam for $8.49

Jarhead0331

I didn't care for this game...it's been available for quite some time.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Blucher

I hear Us and Them is not very good. It has UI issues apparently and is heavy on the micromanagement. You can try a demo on the Icehole games website. Also I hear Che Geverra is overpowered.  I think if you really want a cold war fix You'd be better off buying the Twilight Struggle boardgame or playing it on Vassal.

tgb

The demo left me underwhelmed.  The resolution is fixed at 1024x768 with no way to change it from what I can see, but odder still is that the game starts in 1965 - years past some significant cold war events.

Nefaro

I tried playing Us & Them again, a couple days ago. 

The interface is indeed a pain because the resolution is locked at 1024x768, however the little map symbols you must click to select are still quite tiny.  I also had some of the text running off the display at the top. 

I could get past all that if the gameplay was interesting, but it's just a matter of sending your spies to scout out countries, giving assassinate orders to eliminate enemy agents that are being troublesome, and just issuing an overall order for your other agents to perform various types of sabotage in their current location if the success chance is above a specified threshold.

The game mechanics aren't all that interesting.  I may have to finally get Twilight Struggle sometime since the other possible option, Supreme Ruler: Cold War probably still has it's warts.  :'(

tgb

Quote from: Nefaro on March 19, 2014, 12:38:07 PM
I may have to finally get Twilight Struggle sometime since the other possible option, Supreme Ruler: Cold War probably still has it's warts.  :'(

I hope you aren't planning to get the PC version.  You may be disappointed.

Nefaro

Quote from: tgb on March 19, 2014, 02:45:26 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 19, 2014, 12:38:07 PM
I may have to finally get Twilight Struggle sometime since the other possible option, Supreme Ruler: Cold War probably still has it's warts.  :'(

I hope you aren't planning to get the PC version.  You may be disappointed.

Nope.  Especially since it will never exist.  :P

Grim.Reaper

Very strange twist....seems like the unfinished code was leaked and published to various places for download where people can play it based on how it stands now....

I am not interested in doing it myself...but thought was a weird twist to this saga....

fabius

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 16, 2014, 06:42:56 PM
Very strange twist....seems like the unfinished code was leaked and published to various places for download where people can play it based on how it stands now....

I am not interested in doing it myself...but thought was a weird twist to this saga....

I so wanted that game. Anybody have link to safe download?

MetalDog

Quote from: fabius on June 16, 2014, 07:05:43 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 16, 2014, 06:42:56 PM
Very strange twist....seems like the unfinished code was leaked and published to various places for download where people can play it based on how it stands now....

I am not interested in doing it myself...but thought was a weird twist to this saga....

I so wanted that game. Anybody have link to safe download?

As it's not an official release, any link to illegal downloads, safe or not, will not be cool.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mikeck

Can you imagine playing a game that was too unfinished and buggy for paradox to deal with?(crusader kings excepted of course)
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Redwolf

All threads on that forum locked? Disgusting.

I'll never use vendor forums ever again.

tgb

Quote from: mikeck on June 16, 2014, 08:12:05 PM
Can you imagine playing a game that was too unfinished and buggy for paradox to deal with?(crusader kings excepted of course)

Sword of the Stars 2

Nefaro

Quote from: tgb on June 16, 2014, 09:34:05 PM
Quote from: mikeck on June 16, 2014, 08:12:05 PM
Can you imagine playing a game that was too unfinished and buggy for paradox to deal with?(crusader kings excepted of course)

Sword of the Stars 2

Zang!

I still intend to try it out in it's current form sometime.  But so many games.. even space 4Xes left to play!

eyebiter

.
#44
.