Pleased to meet hope you guessed I'm FRIDAY!

Started by MetalDog, March 14, 2014, 06:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

Black Ice mod for HOI3 Their Finest Hour
Just Cause 2

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on March 14, 2014, 10:40:01 AM
I can't even look at you, Judge :)

And welcome to you next 10000 hours of gaming Sandman. I am trying to resist the pull of Pontus in Rome 2 just so I can get something else in before I give in. Like Shogun 2 :)
:-[
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JasonPratt

Trying to plausibly hack my way through World War 1 as Ethiopia in Darkest Hour, currently early May 1915. Next up, dealing with a classic Monkey's Paw situation. Helpfully foreshadowed in my AAR by accident sort of.

(Yay for narrative prescience!  8) Boo for forgetting a key HOI game mechanic... or two...  :-[ )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

sandman2575

Quote from: Gusington on March 14, 2014, 10:40:01 AM
And welcome to you next 10000 hours of gaming Sandman. I am trying to resist the pull of Pontus in Rome 2 just so I can get something else in before I give in. Like Shogun 2 :)

I think you might be right  8)  Can't remember the last time I had a case of "Just One More Turn"-itis like this.  Damn addictive. 

Not sure why Shogun 2 never clicked for me -- it's at the top of my "Games I Intend To Go Back To At Some Point" list.  As is Empire TW -- still kind of the unloved stepchild of TW games, but I had tons of fun with TROM and Darth mod in the past -- probably worth a look-see again.

But for now -- "Proud Romans, all!"

bbmike

I have a hankering for some American Civil War action but don't really want to play anything too detailed. I wonder why there isn't a Civil War game kind of like Panzer Corps? I do have John Tillers but it needs a facelift.

That said I'll try to work in some Xenonauts (my first attempt ended with EVERYONE dead) and maybe start a game of Warlock to prepare me for Warlock 2.

Hmm, I just remembered Age of Rifles has some Civil War scenarios in it. I wonder if that will be good enough? Time to find those CDs again...
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Greybriar

For reasons I won't go into here, I began playing Hearthstone yesterday and enjoyed it. So I expect I will focus on it this weekend.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

MengJiao

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 14, 2014, 06:25:29 AM
On a gaming note, nothing Saturday obviously, but tonight I'll give ArmA III another outing - see if I can't get past the first scenario in Chapter 2! Sunday will likely see more Qvadriga - and maybe even tonight - it's that easy to get a turn in...and another, and another!

COME ON SCOTLAND!


    I was planning an East Front week end (getting ready for CM:Red Thunder and BoS) with panzer Battles and Roads to Leningrad (boardgame), but (on a healthier note) -- ARMAIII has some new stuff.  I may go diving on a wreck or something.  I already drove the new TEMPEST mine-tolerant Truck.  I didn't hit anything so...all was well.

Kushan

#24
Xenonauts - Thanks to the revival of the thread I started playing it again this week. About 2.5 months into my current game on normal. Had to do a few full restarts after full team wipes on a few missions.

Command - With the release of v1.03, I need to update my carrier imports. I am also planning on doing a couple of hypothetical alternates of the current CV groups that feature F-14 "Quickstrike" or F-14 "Tomcat 21's", instead of F-18C's.

Diablo 3 - More legendary grinding and killing time before the expansion

TITANFALL - Probably the best MP shooter I've played in a long time. Even without all the "features" of Battlefield or ArmA 3, its still really fun to play.

May get some Wasteland 2 in, but I'm trying to not over play it while its in beta.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

mikeck

EU IV: game as England starting in 1500. This game never excited me....it's just relaxing to play. I think it's because any mistake you make can be coffered because it lasts so long

Rome II: playing as Rome of course; with the sole purpose of protecting Rome from barbarian heathens (like Gus and Undercover) through an "active" defense.

Command: I feel like blowing up Soviet ships...who doesn't!
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

KyzBP

Like everyone else playing Xenonauts, I'll be sending Privates to Terror Sites because there's no one else left to send.  I may splurge on one of the College Basketball games out there.  It's almost tournament time.

mikeck

So if I wanted to play one of these "aliens attack" games for the first time, should I play  xcom or xenonauts. Keep in mind in do like the graphics of  xcom but I think I would prefer the one that is more complex and strategically deep
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Arctic Blast

Finished South Park : The Stick of Truth (which was fantastic), so it's time for a new game. Undecided what that game will be as of yet...

And the board game trades keep rolling in. I might bust out the old GW version of Warrior Knights this weekend to compare it to the FFG version. And Wallenstein and Terra Mystica need to be tried.

Kushan

Quote from: mikeck on March 14, 2014, 03:19:02 PM
Command: I feel like blowing up Soviet ships...who doesn't!

I might having something for you in the near future. Up until last weekend I was working on import files for the 1980's Soviet northern fleet, until I accidentally deleted the spreadsheet from google docs. Hope to have it recreated in the next few weeks, after that the imports shoudn't take too long as long as my work schedule cooperates or I get distracted by something new and shiny like the Diablo 3 expansion.

Quote from: mikeck on March 14, 2014, 08:51:12 PM
So if I wanted to play one of these "aliens attack" games for the first time, should I play  xcom or xenonauts. Keep in mind in do like the graphics of  xcom but I think I would prefer the one that is more complex and strategically deep

Xenonauts
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play