Heads Up: Fable - The Lost Chapters 85% Off

Started by Ian C, March 25, 2014, 02:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ian C

I've had this for a few years and it's never gone off my drive. I seriously highly recommend it. This is one of those ' great classic games' you've never played yet.

If you like Skyrim or other Fantasy game then you simply must get this at this price.


http://store.steampowered.com/app/204030/

mirth

<sigh> Another game I don't need, but can't pass up.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Rayfer

Well...like all games, movies, music and restaurants...opinions will often range from awful to awesome.  I couldn't stand Fable the Lost Chapters....a real disappointment.

Greybriar

Yahtzee has some comments about Fable - The Lost Chapters:

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Gusington

What do you guys like about this game? Any mention of Skyrim gets my attention.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

#5
It's not Skyrim. It lacks the depth and true open world play. It is a very good action RPG with an engaging story. The graphics were good back in the day, but it's almost 10 years old now as a PC game.

People either love the Fable franchise or despise it. IMHO, they are great, but flawed, games. I played all 3 on Xbox when they were released and I'd happily play new entries in the series. For $1.49US, it's worth having in my Steam collection. Now if I can just get frakking Steam to start!  >:(
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on March 25, 2014, 06:14:49 PM
Way to harsh my mellow man.

Sorry, bro. Fable's a great game, but I wouldn't compare it to Skyrim. That's not a bad thing necessarily. It's lighter fare, more accessible in some ways.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

It's ok...I will put my oney towards Age of Wonders III or some other RPG when the mood strikes me.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

I can't pass up anything even remotely interesting @ $1.49..............come on it's $1.49 ........ well thats my excuse anyway....sold.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rayfer

Quote from: -budd- on March 25, 2014, 07:28:41 PM
I can't pass up anything even remotely interesting @ $1.49..............come on it's $1.49 ........ well thats my excuse anyway....sold.

It took me a while to learn that isn't about the money when it comes to these under $5.00 sales, it's about the time. Is Fable worth $1.49...yes.  Is it worth the time it will take you to play it....IMHO....no.

-budd-

you have a point about the time thing, hopefully it will grab me and i'll get some enjoyment out of it "when" i make time to play it.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rayfer

Quote from: -budd- on March 25, 2014, 09:52:33 PM
you have a point about the time thing, hopefully it will grab me and i'll get some enjoyment out of it "when" i make time to play it.

LOL...I know the feeling well.  I have quite a few under-$5.00 sale-games sitting there waiting for the 'when' I find the time to play them. 

skeptical.platypus

Quote from: Gusington on March 25, 2014, 06:14:49 PM
Way to harsh my mellow man.

Weird. Where I grew up, the rhyme was "Who's afraid of the muffin man?", not "Way to harsh my mellow man."

The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd