Main Menu

Armored Warfare

Started by Dolan50, March 29, 2014, 12:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 29, 2014, 10:42:04 PM
low tier fights are so much fun with maxed out crews and pimped up tanks.  its noob trolling all day long.  8)
to be fair though, it takes the sting out of losing 50k when your tier 10 gets creamed 2 minutes into a lost battle.

I recall racking up some nasty noob-stomps in a Marder II a long time ago, shortly after release.  I kinda felt bad as I had played quite a bit in closed and open beta and then for a bit in other lines after release.  Many of these kids had probably just started playing.

It was also back when the invisible tank issue was still a problem, and TD "cloaking devices" were in full swing.  :-\

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 29, 2014, 01:27:01 PM
Quote from: Asid on March 29, 2014, 01:19:29 PM
Quote from: Great Ajax on March 29, 2014, 01:02:42 PM
Would someone just make a modern tank simulator ala M1TP2 for Christ sake!  Hell, even a World War Two tank sim would be sweet.  I have been digging War Thunder's Ground Forces beta but it is essentially Call of Duty with tanks. 

Trey

Take a look at Steel Beasts pro or Graviteam Tactics

M1TP2 is one of the greatest PC games of all time. Before it, M1TP carried that title.  They found the perfect balance between, realism, immersion and fun.  SBProPE is unrivaled as a sim and the Graviteam titles Steel Fury/SA: Blaze of War, fill a nice niche, but neither title comes close to the near perfection of the M1TP series.
+100!!

It was a very sad day for me when Microprose went south. One of the best game developers of that age imo
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Great Ajax

The dynamic campaign and random missions is what I always loved about microprose games.  I have SBProPE and Graviteam Tactics but I feel like I have to invest time to unlock its full potential.  M1TP2 and the like had me sold within the first missions.  Jarhead hit the nail on the head as they were the perfect balance of realism, graphics, and playability. 

Trey   


Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 30, 2014, 03:31:52 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 29, 2014, 01:27:01 PM
Quote from: Asid on March 29, 2014, 01:19:29 PM
[quote author=Great Ajax link=topic=9718.msg246801#msg246801 date=1396116162
Would someone just make a modern tank simulator ala M1TP2 for Christ sake!  Hell, even a World War Two tank sim would be sweet.  I have been digging War Thunder's Ground Forces beta but it is essentially Call of Duty with tanks. 

Trey

Take a look at Steel Beasts pro or Graviteam Tactics

M1TP2 is one of the greatest PC games of all time. Before it, M1TP carried that title.  They found the perfect balance between, realism, immersion and fun.  SBProPE is unrivaled as a sim and the Graviteam titles Steel Fury/SA: Blaze of War, fill a nice niche, but neither title comes close to the near perfection of the M1TP series.
+100!!

It was a very sad day for me when Microprose went south. One of the best game developers of that age imo
[/quote]

mikeck

Yep. Before tank platoon, I had every Microprose game: Gunship!, F-15 strike eagle, silent hunter, f-19 stealth fighter...you name it. Played them endlessly
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

vyshka

Early Access started tonight. Anyone jump in yet? I'm just finishing up the client download. Apparently there were some issues, so the test is running later than planned tonight (until 3am est)