Main Menu

Wargame: Red Dragon

Started by Jarhead0331, March 29, 2014, 10:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GDS_Starfury

in a month or so when the new pc is done.
I think Im the only person who wasnt bothered by the first two games speed.  ;D
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 20, 2014, 09:30:43 AM
in a month or so when the new pc is done.
I think Im the only person who wasnt bothered by the first two games speed.  ;D

I wasn't either. Although, it made for quite a challenge.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Mr. Bigglesworth

I had started playing ALB on hard. Could even win. The swarming of the enemy units at the start was annoying when you have to jump from unit to unit giving commands.

The new system is much better. It is also far more realistic. Tell me of one battle that a general took to total annihilation of the enemy force in a 1/2 hr.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

FlickJax

just bought this, fired it up and haven't a clue how to play, its not very intuitive.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: FlickJax on April 23, 2014, 05:50:41 AM
just bought this, fired it up and haven't a clue how to play, its not very intuitive.

What are you having a problem with? Nothing has ever struck me as particularly complicated, especially with respect to gameplay. I will say the deck builder took me a few minutes to get a handle on.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


FlickJax

I clicked on Tutorials and apart from some manual looking screens nothing happened, so i tried the first campaign thinking it might ease you in. However I seemed to only have one unit? and then I was swarmed by the enemy. I probably need to search for some lets play videos.

mikeck

There isn't much to the tutorials. Movement and such is intuitive. Maybe watch some "lets play" videos?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Jarhead0331

Quote from: FlickJax on April 23, 2014, 06:59:38 AM
I clicked on Tutorials and apart from some manual looking screens nothing happened, so i tried the first campaign thinking it might ease you in. However I seemed to only have one unit? and then I was swarmed by the enemy. I probably need to search for some lets play videos.

Give a single-player skirmish a shot.  I think that is the best way to learn the logistics system and get a grip on command and control at your own pace.  If you want to connect for a MP game sometime let me know. We can just sit around and take things one step at a time.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


FlickJax


fran

Quote from: FlickJax on April 23, 2014, 06:59:38 AM
I clicked on Tutorials and apart from some manual looking screens nothing happened, so i tried the first campaign thinking it might ease you in. However I seemed to only have one unit? and then I was swarmed by the enemy. I probably need to search for some lets play videos.

Good start is 200-Page Guide to Wargame: Red Dragon
By SandyGunfox

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=247884292

Shelldrake

Quote from: fran on April 23, 2014, 01:24:47 PM
Quote from: FlickJax on April 23, 2014, 06:59:38 AM
I clicked on Tutorials and apart from some manual looking screens nothing happened, so i tried the first campaign thinking it might ease you in. However I seemed to only have one unit? and then I was swarmed by the enemy. I probably need to search for some lets play videos.

Good start is 200-Page Guide to Wargame: Red Dragon
By SandyGunfox

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=247884292

Thanks Fran, very useful!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

sandman2575

Yeah, that is a hugely helpful guide -- thanks for posting!


fran

#102
No problem, at the moment playing with a US Marine deck in multiplayer, so combination of anti-ship planes, fighter cover and ships. Great feeling to sink a 500 point Russian ship.

Think the number of ships in play should be reduced, end up with a swarm of ships, and does not feel like a fleet. Plus the more bunched up they are the better in regard to anti missile cover.

If you do the same on land your group of 100+ point tanks will soon be stunned by arti/or planes.

jomni

Yeah I think the inclusion of ships is gimmicky and will lead to awkward situations.

undercovergeek

i know most games wont generate 200 pages like Rome II did, but what happened here - is anyone still playing it? Watched a few lets play vids of a guy playing the campaign and it seemed ok, nothing new over ALB except the speed option but he wasnt using it anyway

Was mulling over a purchase but it seems to have had its release moment and then died off