Ultimate General gameplay footage..

Started by TacticalWargames, March 30, 2014, 04:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TacticalWargames

Follow link to see some gameplay footage of the very promising Ultimate General.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_b2xJ_t-VU&feature=youtu.be

Grim.Reaper

This game impresses me and certainly a must have when released....any word when it might be released or be available in early access/beta?

TacticalWargames


Rayfer

Impressive video...looking forward to this.

Jarhead0331

Presentation is through the roof. The map is beautiful and the sounds are thrilling. However, gameplay wise, the action looks a little too fast paced. Doesn't seem very authentic to me. I'd also like to see some more carnage on the field.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 30, 2014, 08:58:39 PM
However, gameplay wise, the action looks a little too fast paced.

Exactly my thoughts.  Looks a bit too fast-clicky RTS style.  Would like to see it at a slower pace.

WallysWorld

I too agree that the presentation looks great; like moving little figurine soldiers on a table. The sounds are excellent.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

FlickJax

looking forward to it, could be a very good engine. Hopefully it will be tweakable for speed etc.

Anguille


Rayfer

Quote from: Nefaro on March 30, 2014, 08:59:49 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 30, 2014, 08:58:39 PM
However, gameplay wise, the action looks a little too fast paced.

Exactly my thoughts.  Looks a bit too fast-clicky RTS style.  Would like to see it at a slower pace.

+1....I was hoping that what I was watching was at a 'very fast' setting and that there would be an ability to slow it down to 'fast', 'slow' and 'very slow'.

Gusington

The kid in me likes the graphics while the old man wants a speed slider.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

its ironic that one of the first thing Darth always released for the TW games was a 'troop slow down' feature

Gusington

Ha yeah I was thinking that same thing.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Snapper

Looks like a Civil war Sudden Strike.

undercovergeek

i think it looks great, as with all things these days it needs slowing down