Close Combat - Gateway to Caen

Started by spelk, April 08, 2014, 07:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

spelk


MikeGER

is there a list of game engine improvements over CC: PitF?

AI, Pathfinding, etc.  ... and will those engine improvements will ported over to CC:PitF with a patch ? 

RyanE

Are CC games still limited to 15 units/side.  Its been 10 years since I played one.

Zulu1966

Quote from: spelk on April 08, 2014, 07:35:40 AM
Teaser Trailer released!


Thought this was a different engine ? Looks exactly the same to me
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Arctic Blast

^^The next game uses the new engine. This is the last game using the old one, even though everyone knows an improved one is on the way...which kinda seems to render this one utterly pointless.

spelk

I guess the feeling that the IP is being milked before it gets a makeover, does make this title a bit less attractive. Over the recent years I'm being more and more desensitized to this sort of release. First couple of Tiller titles on Android, and I was all of a flutter, but now, they're rolling out at a hefty pace, and I just can't be excited by it. Similar to multiple releases of DLC for Battle Academy, Fields of Glory, Panzer Corps etc...

Still, good news that Close Combat is getting a revamp in the near future, perhaps it will be something worth looking at?

GDS_Starfury

theres no milk to milk.
if this game were a person it would be Mirth after a 4 day bender with his girlfriend without gatorade.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


bayonetbrant

Not that this thread is a problem, but before it becomes one, please heed the warning over the the other Close Combat thread

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=9153.msg249021#msg249021
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JudgeDredd

I'm not buying into this - I've had my fill (and refill) of the engine...but I have to say, those explosions look shweeet!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 09, 2014, 02:08:19 PM
I'm not buying into this - I've had my fill (and refill) of the engine...but I have to say, those explosions look shweeet!

Exactly. Sweet explosions, but from the videos the vehicles still look like they're having trouble driving down a straight road. This also leads me to believe that there was no AI improvements.

All these years and Close Combat still doesn't have an AI capable of attacking.

TacticalWargames

Interested in seeing what the new game will be like. Though at present for a real time tactical wargame Graviteam Tactics will be very hard to beat..and Muis front is looking amazing. I have found the Infantry since CC2\CC3 have gone from what made the game to cannon fodder. They die way to easy now. In CC2 they felt useful and you could do alot with a squad and have them survive  for several missions. Now it seems they drop like flies and you never get the chance to get an attachment to them.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: TacticalWargames on April 14, 2014, 07:30:34 PM
Interested in seeing what the new game will be like. Though at present for a real time tactical wargame Graviteam Tactics will be very hard to beat..and Muis front is looking amazing. I have found the Infantry since CC2\CC3 have gone from what made the game to cannon fodder. They die way to easy now. In CC2 they felt useful and you could do alot with a squad and have them survive  for several missions. Now it seems they drop like flies and you never get the chance to get an attachment to them.
That has been my experience. Infantry were superb. I remember running through streets and hedges and buildings getting into position. I remember one particular mission in CC2 where I ran from building to building to setup a kill zone with my crappy wee bren gun. And also sneaking around trying to get into position with a Piat team to take out a Panther, being foxed because it turned down a side street - going after it trying to get an elusive shot from the rear.

In iterations after that (I can't recall CC3 - I played it, but I can't recall it - it was meh to me) you simply do not want your infantry to be seen because it equates to instant death!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

GDS_Starfury

I dunno...  I recall many maps that gave infantry a HUGE advantage.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


JudgeDredd

I'll admit I never played it enough to know whether maps favoured infantry or not. I just know what put me off finding that out was how easily my troops were destroyed.

Maybe just my bad technique (lol - like I have a technique!)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

TacticalWargames

JD no not your playing style at all, it's a fact they reduced Inf survivability after CC2, and it steadily got worse. The City fighting in CC2 around the bridges was superb back then, not sure any game yet has given me the same enjoyment regarding house to house fighting.