Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

I'm still lost on the Galaxy map and I don't understand why I can't jump to a system right next door to the one I'm trying to leave. You should ALWAYS be able to hyperdrive to a system next to the one you are in, even with a full load.

I'm confused still by it.  :(
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 21, 2014, 08:19:50 AM
I need to start making money - but I want to trade my way not fight. I'd also like to mine.

Trouble is I only have a Sidey and an Eagle...both of which are pretty poor for trading.

sell eagle, convert SW to souped up miner - youll be in a hauler in 2 good mining runs

Gusington

Finally downloading full game now...where the hell do I begin??

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Thanks...I've heard people doing that

I'm confused though...in order to buy a mining tool (and refinery?), I need to replace two utilities...is that right? If so - it seems like I need all those (cargo rack, shield generator, frameshift drive etc, etc...) - so what gives? Do I have to replace something for the mining kit?
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on December 21, 2014, 09:59:45 AM
Finally downloading full game now...where the hell do I begin??
Key bindings  ;D
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

I'm befuddled! I will need a serious time sink for this. Good thing it's the holidays!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

It's VERY open Gus.

See Geeks post here for a good explanation of what you might want to be doing
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=9844.1230
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 21, 2014, 10:07:23 AM
Thanks...I've heard people doing that

I'm confused though...in order to buy a mining tool (and refinery?), I need to replace two utilities...is that right? If so - it seems like I need all those (cargo rack, shield generator, frameshift drive etc, etc...) - so what gives? Do I have to replace something for the mining kit?

you need a mining laser out front - just one, two will add nothing, a refinery and some cargo space - i didnt mine til i was in a hauler but ive heard of people doing it in a SW

JudgeDredd

mmm...I'm a ways off a Hauler.

I don't really want to do it in the Sidey because I will have to replace an internal unit with a refinery...so I'll have to wait.

Maybe if I sell my Eagle I'll have enough for a Hauler. Mental note to self...keep enough money for insurance!  ;D
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

ok I'm extra confused.

I've just sold my Eagle and picked up a Hauler and I can't find where to buy/install a refinery or a mining laser at all.

I could find it on the Sidey but had to remove a gun...but there's no option for the Hauler. I guess you can't mine with the Hauler??
Alba gu' brath

SirAndrewD

Selling the Eagle for the Hauler is very viable. 

I made my first 100k very quickly by doing a few quick cargo missions in the Eagle.  Selling the Eagle and using the extra from the missions to swap to the Hauler.  Strip the Hauler, sell the weapons and shields to increase jump range and reduce insurance (you'll die fast in any fight anyway).  After you're in a Hauler with fair range, you can do cargo missions for fast profit.  You'll be VERY vulnerable, so it's important to avoid any interdiction by sticking to the escape vector when someone tries to grab you. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JudgeDredd

It seems it was Reilly Dock that didn't have any Mining Lasers...went to Binet and I can buy one

The problem I have now is what do I get rid of so that I can have a refinery (which I gather I need)...any ideas? All the things I have as internal utilities seem to be required.
Alba gu' brath

SirAndrewD

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 21, 2014, 12:05:00 PM
It seems it was Reilly Dock that didn't have any Mining Lasers...went to Binet and I can buy one

The problem I have now is what do I get rid of so that I can have a refinery (which I gather I need)...any ideas? All the things I have as internal utilities seem to be required.

I dropped shields. You're not going to ever fight in the Hauler.

Mining in the Hauler was kind of hellish though.  You'll need to find some really high value resources to make it a good profit per hour. 

I'm tempted to try it again with the Adder.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

republic

I need a hand taking down a terrorist in an Anaconda if anyone is near Kermann  :)  I'll split the reward in equivalent credits worth of goods.  :)

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath