Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

Thanks UCG. I'll probably end up getting it sooner rather than later. I really enjoy the completely open world, do as you want, with little or no hand holding. Once they add fly able capital ships it'll be hard to drag me away from it.

Hope they add AI military patrols and port calls.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

bob48

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 29, 2015, 05:39:53 AM
i think horizons is the new base - from what ive read i think horizons is the game they wanted to launch with but obviously that was 18 months ago

Its Horizons I'm holding out for. Plus UCG said he would smack me upside the ear-hole if I brought the current version in the sale.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Yskonyn

Horizons is NOT the final 'base' game where all DLC's will be itegrated in from now on.

Frontier keeps on talking about 'Seasons'. Dangerous was season One, Horizons will be season two. Keeping in mind they stated they have the planning that spans about 10 years of real time, there are bound to be more seasons. Probably one every year at first.

There was the option of buying the Lifetime pass, which got you Horizons AND all future major patches and seasons (NOT paintjob DLC from their store and stuff like that).
If you don't have that, then you will need to pay for each season when it gets released. It's much the same as the 'Expansion Packs' of the old days I would say.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

I haven't done much research into this, but I am a premium beta backer. I presume I have the lifetime expansion pass by default and will get access to Horizons once it is released at no extra charge. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

I do know the Lifetime pass was a thing in the beta period, but no idea if being a 'premium backer' got you that pass. :)

EDIT: scratch that! Seems like you're all set, JH! ;)
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=172893
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

lol - I don't even know if I was a premium backer or not. I know I paid £100 for the game - but JH paid more than me. So I'm thinking I may just be a normal "beta" backer :-)
Alba gu' brath

SirAndrewD

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 29, 2015, 05:02:55 PM
lol - I don't even know if I was a premium backer or not. I know I paid £100 for the game - but JH paid more than me. So I'm thinking I may just be a normal "beta" backer :-)

At that level I'd wager you're a premium backer.  I don't think the normal beta was anywhere nearly that much.  That's about what I paid when converted to USD, and I'm a Premium backer.

Quote from: Yskonyn on September 29, 2015, 03:10:19 PM
I do know the Lifetime pass was a thing in the beta period, but no idea if being a 'premium backer' got you that pass. :)

EDIT: scratch that! Seems like you're all set, JH! ;)
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=172893

All Premium Alpha and Beta backers got the lifetime pass.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JudgeDredd

Ta....I'll sit and wait...see what occurs.
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

I bought this damn thing in Beta, not too long before release.

Never even finished the tutorial.  Sits un-played.  I think I wasted a chunk of cash on this if I have to spend more money just to play it from now on.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Nefaro on September 30, 2015, 03:28:42 PM

Never even finished the tutorial.  Sits un-played.  I think I wasted a chunk of cash on this if I have to spend more money just to play it from now on.

Whats wrong with you?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 30, 2015, 04:05:37 PM

Whats wrong with you?

Hi.  I'm Nef and I have a game collecting problem.

Tpek

Quote from: Nefaro on September 30, 2015, 04:13:50 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 30, 2015, 04:05:37 PM

Whats wrong with you?

Hi.  I'm Nef and I have a game collecting problem.

The Gamers Anonymous meeting was Tuesday, you missed it.

bob48

We'll be rolling 2D6 later and checking against the NMD (next meeting date) table to see when the next meeting is......
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

panzerde

Well, you aren't alone. I tried it twice and don't even have it installed now. At some point I'll probably donate it to the Home for Geriatric Gamers or something.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

sandman2575

Quote from: panzerde on September 30, 2015, 05:11:40 PM
Well, you aren't alone. I tried it twice and don't even have it installed now. At some point I'll probably donate it to the Home for Geriatric Gamers or something.

+2 ... this is definitely one i'd like to have the cash back from. ah well...