Main Menu

FRIDAY, Rise!

Started by BanzaiCat, January 27, 2017, 06:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freyland

Quote from: MetalDog on January 29, 2017, 02:07:00 AM
The bi-monthly D&D game just wrapped.  I introduced the bad guys to our heroes at the inn.  They asked the bad guys to accompany them to try and find Wave Echo Cave.  On the way there, they stumbled on an ogre and his goblin minions torturing a poor gnome before eating him.  The heroes surprised the monsters and, in the melee, our tank slew the gnome by accident.  Unfortunately, the gnome was the guy that knew the entrance to the trail leading to Wave Echo Cave.  Now I have to figure another way to get them there.  I think I'll let them fall into the clutches of an old enemy who will bring them to the Spider.

Perhaps some grateful gnome family members come along with that info?  Or some exec high up in the GnomeLivesMatter PAC?

JasonPratt

Quote from: MetalDog on January 29, 2017, 04:16:22 PM
They have been clamoring to play different characters.....

"Rocks fall, everyone dies. The rocks are a trap sprung on your party by these new characters..."
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MetalDog

Funny you should mention falling rocks, JP.  After the ex-gnome was saved, he was going to lead the characters to the path.  Along said path, an old enemy was going to ambush the party at a narrow spot in the trail between high rock walls by causing a rock slide at both ends of said trail.  Now, I think I am going to have a night ambush by the old enemy an take the party captive.  That should at least get them on the path.  Maybe all the way to Wave Echo Cave.

Thinking about it a bit, I could use Freyland's suggestion.  Say that the gnome who died was too slow or sacrificed himself so the others could get away.  Then have a few of them creep back after the battle and fill the directional role.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Freyland

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

^  I forget you usually keep your outfit & gear near to hand. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Bet your wife LOVES that.  :-"
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

BanzaiCat

As a member of the NY State Militia, he has to be ready at a moment's notice to be called out for duty...

Gusington

Of course it makes me taller.

Had my first run in with a gear tonight...whoa.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

WOW! The N.Y. State Militia has a lot of new equipment I never knew about.  :o  In that case, I would wear my boots all the time too.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.