Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

GDS_Starfury

QuoteWas that where you were hearing about the A-50 getting thwacked, Star? Edit: non-ammo warehouse of some sort? Doesn't seem to be a hanger...?

no, I don't think it was near St Petersburg.  iirc it was an aerodrome outside Moscow.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead0331

Interesting analysis here...Will argues that Ukraine and Russia are both stronger today than they were on day 1 of the war with neither side being anywhere near collapse.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

rumor has it that the IL 76 that went down was ferrying an A 50 crew back to base.

:ROFL:   :RockOn:

GDS_Starfury

also reports of some kind of mass border raid into russia territory.

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 12, 2024, 12:33:03 PMalso reports of some kind of mass border raid into russia territory.

multiple points of advance... mixed results
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

really kinda funny how the Czechs keep finding all these 100s of 1000s of artillery shells....

:3musketeer:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1767670055276351890

Windigo

what's a decimal place or two among friends, especially those with deep pockets?
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

MikeGER

It may sound cynical, but a slow burning war is better for the military-industrial complex and weapons science and development then a quick Ukrainian victory and with a Russia that may get irrational in behavior when they start loosing their precious 2014 ground gains

Ukraine war already proved itself as a test bed for new former seen "exotic" weapons, especially drones of all kind and sizes and the tactics to mass use them. Robots will be next. 

We have to learn those tactics to use and especially to counter them, also when in the hand of terrorist groups.

what is a Kampfgruppe of good'ol modern tanks and AFV good for when each and every enemy soldier and his dog carry a personal unjamable FPV drone with a range of 10 klicks?

Recently a Russian FPV drone was recovered which has a 10klick optical wire guidance, so no emissions to jam and a brilliant video data link back to the operator to separate real targets from mock-ups and also to identify the week spot to hit on a target

well, a drone is still a flimsy object in the sky with a radar echo, so a kind of a tiny tiny  CIWS dome maybe even with just .22lr rounds in addition to the Trophy APS may be an idea

GDS_Starfury

my moneys on vehicle mounted energy weapons to defeat drones and atgms.

Uberhaus

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 12, 2024, 12:33:03 PMalso reports of some kind of mass border raid into russia territory.
Just a friendly reminder from Russians to their fellow Russians that even in a rigged election that there are alternatives to Putin.  The timing, with the election March 15-17 is obviously not coincidental.  One possible way Russians can protest the election is by not turning out.

JasonPratt

Quote from: MikeGER on March 13, 2024, 04:50:47 AMRecently a Russian FPV drone was recovered which has a 10klick optical wire guidance

...wait, what?! How does that even work? Seems like even a spider-web wire would drag going 10 km.  :huh:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

just for the giggles I looked up monofilament and you can get 3000 yards for 10 lbs weight.  if your flying low your pretty much only carrying whats attached to the drone.  whats left on the ground is essentially left behind.  so with a large enough drone it seems possible.