Just ordered...

Started by JudgeDredd, December 27, 2012, 04:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capn Darwin

I may have had my hands in that one and a few others. Good games and a fun system. As for the cards, I'm glad to see them getting a chance to get out. I was talking to Mark about these back in very late 2011. We both have been too busy with other things the past year to swing back the guns.

Here is an example of the cards. Some of the formatting is still being tweaked and thus subject to change (CMA).

Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

bob48

Oh, those look so good Jim.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

GJK

I'm personally not too fond of the font used (on the counter reproduction) - I would imagine having a hard time reading that on a card.  Just my personal observation. 
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Capn Darwin

Quote from: GJK on January 06, 2013, 08:52:05 AM
I'm personally not too fond of the font used (on the counter reproduction) - I would imagine having a hard time reading that on a card.  Just my personal observation.

I'm not sure what led to the font choise for the system. I'm sure like many decisions it looked good and "fit" the feel. For the words its a decent font but most folks have issues with the little 3s and 5s. They tend to look similar enough to throw folks off. That being said it doen't take much effort to catch on to what is what. White Star Rising, same system set in WW2, uses a different font and also larger 3/4" counters. Both help with older eyes looking at small numbers.

The cards are using the art plates from the counter production proofs. Enlarged enough to be readable and fit on the card with the additional info.

I think the WaW crowd will like them.

Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

mirth

The font may not be ideal, but you do get used to reading the counter info pretty quickly. It seems like a lot at first (and it kinda is) but it is quite manageable after a play through or two.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus