WH40K Chess Game Announced

Started by Gusington, May 13, 2014, 12:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 13, 2014, 09:56:08 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 13, 2014, 04:22:55 PM
Quote from: spelk on May 13, 2014, 04:20:53 PM
Isn't it time to stop whoring out the 40k license and give it back to some good devs?

+1

its like they dont know what to do with it

just take your minatures game and convert it into digital - thats all most people want

I think they think they know exactly what they are doing. I believe they aren't making the game everyone wants because they are afraid it will kill their tabletop sales. Thus, we keep getting this irrelevant licensed crap.

but why not convert it to digital with 2 races and sell extra races as DLC like everyone else does

sure theyre worried a digital game will kill minature sales, but digital minature sales will get them the dough back

i think thats what the other tabletop games conversion is doing but i forget its name for now

Ubercat

Jeebus, I give you guys an opportunity and you blow it!

Puns for the pun god!!!!
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

undercovergeek

Quote from: Ubercat on May 14, 2014, 07:39:25 AM
Jeebus, I give you guys an opportunity and you blow it!

Puns for the pun god!!!!

stick your fkng puns up your fkng ass

...........something like that anyway - Ork warboss

bob48

^Stop trying to brush him off.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Toonces

Hard to think of a game thinner on content than a chess game...

:2funny:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Arctic Blast

^^In the grimdark future, there is only...The Game of Life : 40K version!

-Will your loyalty remain pure, or will you start along the path to heresy in order to obtain a better job to feed your growing brood?
-Can a hard-working Tyranid Hormagaunt make his way in a universe dead set against understanding him?
-Will you be able to manage family life and work requirements while also setting time aside for proper WAAAGH!, or simply lose control over your Ork Warband?

Let the fickle spinner decide the fate of the universe in the richest tapestry to grace the Game of Life yet!

BanzaiCat

You guys shouldn't pawn off bad puns so obviously...it's like knight and day around here sometimes.

Martok

:knuppel2:

In case I haven't said so before, I'm pretty sure you and Bawb must have been separated at birth. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

But they were born 5000 miles and 500 years apart...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

vyshka

I think their best bet would be to spend pretty much all their effort on the rendering engine to get great animations and as little effort as possible on the chess side. Just make it a client for UCI engines, and possibly make a simple engine for it or just ship it with available open source engines.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

It's okay...they're all Fischer-ing for puns anyway.