WH40K Chess Game Announced

Started by Gusington, May 13, 2014, 12:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Weird, waste-of-time trailer in the link.  Two long ads and then 30 seconds of a WH40K figurine rotating in place.  It showed essentially nothing?

Gusington

Yes, the video was useless. It was totally garbled for me. Found that out after I posted, of course.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: Gusington on May 13, 2014, 01:27:33 PM
Yes, the video was useless. It was totally garbled for me. Found that out after I posted, of course.

Probably an idea for a new thread....trailers in general.  Some are great, some are awful, and some show nothing but cinematic, movie quality cut-scenes that have nothing to do with actual gameplay. But, just like with movie trailers, they can make anything look good even if it isn't. 

Gusington

There was a game trailer mangled in there somewhere but it was covered over by the ad before it. At least when I tried to watch it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

RooksBailey

I actually created a Regicide group over at Chess.com some years ago.   :)  Been burnt out of chess the last year or so, but I am still glad to see this become a reality.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

spelk

Isn't it time to stop whoring out the 40k license and give it back to some good devs?

undercovergeek

Quote from: spelk on May 13, 2014, 04:20:53 PM
Isn't it time to stop whoring out the 40k license and give it back to some good devs?

+1

its like they dont know what to do with it

just take your minatures game and convert it into digital - thats all most people want

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 13, 2014, 04:22:55 PM
Quote from: spelk on May 13, 2014, 04:20:53 PM

+1

its like they dont know what to do with it

just take your minatures game and convert it into digital - thats all most people want

I think they think they know exactly what they are doing. I believe they aren't making the game everyone wants because they are afraid it will kill their tabletop sales. Thus, we keep getting this irrelevant licensed crap.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Ubercat

Yup. They've painted themselves into a corner.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Toonces

Awesome thread, Gus.  Seriously.  Treat yourself to a Klondike bar.   ::)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

jomni

Stop mocking the cocept. People have been doing this for ages with their Warhammer figures. There is a market for this.