Alien 5: WhatwhatWHAT?!?

Started by BanzaiCat, July 16, 2015, 08:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centurion40

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 23, 2015, 07:49:59 AM
I don't get the hate for District 9 and Elysium...both were okay to me. I wouldn't go out of my way to re-watch them, but I've certainly seen worse in my couch-potato career.

FWIW Chappie had zero appeal to me. Too much like Johnny Five in Short Circuit, sans the humor and interest and originality.

Exactly.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: mirth on October 23, 2015, 08:06:45 AM
District 9 was way too heavy-handed with the alien apartheid theme. I don't need a film to beat me over the head with it's message like that.

Precisely this, this is why I hated District 9.  I don't like it when themes are rammed home with the subtlety of a sledgehammer, I find it insulting and makes a film impossible to enjoy.  If the same film had been made by a more capable director it could've been good.

mirth

This is the most encouraging news I've seen about a Neill Blomkamp directed Alien movie

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-eventual-aliens-sequel-will-wipe-alien-3-and-resurr-1783225719
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus