Rome 2 TW Pre-purchase

Started by Sir Slash, May 09, 2013, 09:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Those of you who've been dying to pre-purchase Rome 2TW can do so now at Steam for a mere $60 ( I don't know how much that is in Roman talents). And get an additional 3 playable Greek factions too. Release date is Sept. 2013. It's gonna be a long summer of waiting for Ceasar. Look in the Steam.com News section for info and link to product page.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 09, 2013, 09:21:12 AM
Those of you who've been dying to pre-purchase Rome 2TW can do so now at Steam for a mere $60 ( I don't know how much that is in Roman talents). And get an additional 3 playable Greek factions too. Release date is Sept. 2013. It's gonna be a long summer of waiting for Ceasar. Look in the Steam.com News section for info and link to product page.

Wow!  I'm doing that for sure very soon!

JudgeDredd

WTF is going on with PC gaming? £45 for a game? That's mental.
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

im not a fan of prepurchase - i never see any thing good come from it, but each and every (IMHO) TW release has been good to go out of the box for me

I know therell be those that say Europe was terrible and Rome was even worse - i didnt see it, didnt see any of the bugs people reported and i frankly dont care if Zagreb didnt have a curve to the east or Bulgarian horsemen rode with a jaunty gallop and its not represented - i pressed play, i played, i loved it

£45 though  :o

JudgeDredd

^ totally agree. My favourite was Rome Total War

But £45 is far too steep. And I'm certainly not paying that for a pre-order. What the hell has gone wrong? Surely the "early adopters" should get the benefit of a reduced price...unless that is the reduced price!?  ???
Alba gu' brath

Zulu1966

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 09, 2013, 09:44:54 AM
^ totally agree. My favourite was Rome Total War

But £45 is far too steep. And I'm certainly not paying that for a pre-order. What the hell has gone wrong? Surely the "early adopters" should get the benefit of a reduced price...unless that is[/I] the reduced price!?  ???

Wait a few months and it will be half the price in a sale judge  ;)
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 09, 2013, 09:53:47 AM
I fully intend to.  ;D

lol - ill give you a week once all the sexy screenshots and AARs turn up

Sir Slash

The other TW titles have been available at Wal-mart, Best Buy,etc. at release but what confounds me is the different additional content versions. Each seller for the last 3 games has had a specific content version just for them. Special units, special factions, on & on. That doesn't seem fair, especially if you're going to try any kind of multiplayer stuff and eventually they're all available on Steam anyway.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

sandman2575

The $60 pricetag doesn't surprise me.  It seems the norm for new "AAA" titles from big outfits.  Skyrim, Bioshock Infinite, SimCity, Company of Heroes 2, now Rome 2 -- all released at $60 if I'm not mistaken.

I guess the idea is, milk the fans who just cannot wait and have to buy right away.  See how long the game sells well at the $60 price point.  Many months later, start selling at discount. 

...I think you can get Skyrim for $30 now.  Guess you just have to decide whether you must have the game or can afford to wait.

Sir Slash

Amazon's got it for pre-order at $60 too. No mention of any special addition. My head says no but heart says Go Go Go.

steve58

fyi:  GetGamesGo has the pre-order for $46.76.  Includes Greek States Culture Pack.   Steam key.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

Nice find Steve. Thanks big time for the Eagle-eye spotting. Anybody tried this company out before? I don't want to be funding Kim Jung Il's next missle. 8)

steve58

I bought from them recently during their last GetLoadedGo sale. Got both Carrier Command and Sniper Elite V2 HCE  for $24.  Had absolutely zero problems.  Got a Steam key for Sniper Elite V2 HCE and downloaded Carrier Command from a link they sent.  I believe they are across the pond in GB somewhere...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 09, 2013, 10:37:19 AM
The other TW titles have been available at Wal-mart, Best Buy,etc. at release but what confounds me is the different additional content versions. Each seller for the last 3 games has had a specific content version just for them. Special units, special factions, on & on. That doesn't seem fair, especially if you're going to try any kind of multiplayer stuff and eventually they're all available on Steam anyway.

I have vague and puzzling memories of my purchase of Empire TW at Best Buy.  In the end Empire was such a not-much-fun-overall game that I almost skipped Shogun2.  Shogun2 has been so much fun that I'm just getting Rome2 without a moment of rational reflection.  Extra Greek Factions!  You bet!