Big Trouble in Little China remale

Started by Centurion40, June 02, 2015, 07:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centurion40

When they remake Repo Man, it will be a sign of the apocalypse.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Capn Darwin

I'll trump you '40, "Howard the Duck". That would be a sure sign.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Centurion40

Quote from: Capn Darwin on June 03, 2015, 08:15:49 AM
I'll trump you '40, "Howard the Duck". That would be a sure sign.

If you are right, then we are closer to the End than we know!

undercovergeek

Sir Slash

My wife and I walked out of Evita even though I only paid 99 cents to see it. That movie should be used to interrogate terrorists at Gitmo.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Centurion40

Centurion40

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 03, 2015, 08:58:07 AM
My wife and I walked out of Evita even though I only paid 99 cents to see it. That movie should be used to interrogate terrorists at Gitmo.

I can't prove that it isn't!!  8)

BanzaiCat

I'll call you on Evita and raise you Dick Tracy. That was one of two films I ever walked out of.

The only other one I walked out of was South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut. Though I walked out more because I was exhausted and didn't pay for it in the first place so sleep trumped entertainment.

Sir Slash

Evita was so bad that even Antonio Banderas walked out of it. And he was in it. :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Centurion40

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 03, 2015, 09:46:36 AM

I'll call you on Evita and raise you Dick Tracy. That was one of two films I ever walked out of.

The only other one I walked out of was South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut. Though I walked out more because I was exhausted and didn't pay for it in the first place so sleep trumped entertainment.

Yeah, Dick Tracy.  That's back when radio watches were pure science fiction.

JasonPratt

Speaking as someone who actually likes the Dick Tracy movie, even I don't like the Dick Tracy movie.  :P

Also, I would like to thank everyone who noticed the actual thread title and didn't make jokes about how to "re-male" BTiLC. ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

C40, I thought the effects were (mostly) pretty terrible even back when it was first released (or first on video, I didn't catch it in theaters).

But yeah, a lot better could be done along that line. I just don't know how to remake it effectively without simply making it a shot for shot homage. Too much of the film is iconically great as it is, fx aside.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

I'm clearly the best choice to star in this movie.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Sir Slash

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.