Diablo 3

Started by Bison, May 15, 2012, 01:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on May 25, 2012, 08:33:20 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on May 25, 2012, 07:42:11 PM
Quote from: Bison on May 25, 2012, 06:00:20 PM
Nice I love the rapid fire skill.

Great gaming with you today, Bison. Good times, even if I did die like a dog.

Yeah it go a little hairy several times.

Totally worth it - that crossbow you gave me is kicking @$$ and taking names. Going back to my regular quest on normal level and I'm waxing Yellows with no sweat. Got killed once for not paying attention to health and getting cocky. It rocks.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

Quote from: LongBlade on May 25, 2012, 09:05:12 PM
Quote from: Bison on May 25, 2012, 08:33:20 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on May 25, 2012, 07:42:11 PM
Quote from: Bison on May 25, 2012, 06:00:20 PM
Nice I love the rapid fire skill.

Great gaming with you today, Bison. Good times, even if I did die like a dog.

Yeah it go a little hairy several times.

Totally worth it - that crossbow you gave me is kicking @$$ and taking names. Going back to my regular quest on normal level and I'm waxing Yellows with no sweat. Got killed once for not paying attention to health and getting cocky. It rocks.

It'll be hard to give up when the time comes, but it should hold you for a few more levels.

Bison

There is a lot of depth and subtlety to the game.  I've been playing around with builds and different equipment based stats; it's not as simple as "O looky I found a DEX item for my Demon Hunter."  There are dozens of little stat modifiers that tweek your hero just a little bit that will squeeze out the extra DPS or make them slightly more resistance to a certain type of attack.  Doing this I really miss the D2 concept of 2 weapon sets.  I'd love to have 2 complete equipment set swaps hot key.

undercovergeek

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 26, 2012, 03:43:23 AM
Apparently youve all been cheating and playing it too easily!!

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/05/why-is-diablo-iii-still-a-work-in-progress/

Reducing escape skill duration from 2 seconds.. to 1?  Seriously?  Why the F would you bother slotting a 1 second 'disappear' skill now?  I thought two seconds was cutting it close.

undercovergeek

havent got the game Nef - but i take it this is bad news?

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 26, 2012, 09:26:53 AM
havent got the game Nef - but i take it this is bad news?

Not a gamebreaker because there are so many skills to choose from.  It just sounds like they're further making a few more pretty useless, though, because there are still some that just suck.  And now that list grows. 

I think Blizzard just wants to slowly make the game more difficult to attempt keeping people from farming legendaries on higher difficulties without lots of deaths.  If there's one thing Bliz is known for - it's annoying ability nerfs.  ::)

Bison

I would hope that they will eventually add skills bonuses onto gear.

Bison

This is some multiplayer with Gus.  I'm going to assume that Gus was slightly confused when a Witch Doctor popped into his game and started killing demons next to him.  Gus the awesome Witch Doctor was me.  I'm also going to assume that Gus was a big grumpy pants last night.  Not even one little text in game.   :'(  It's ok, Gus, I forgive you!

Gus and I kicking butt and not taking names.

Gus hitting on Leah.  I'm pretty sure Gus was in awe of this pixel hottie.

Bison

Quote from: Nefaro on May 26, 2012, 09:30:02 AM

I think Blizzard just wants to slowly make the game more difficult to attempt keeping people from farming legendaries on higher difficulties without lots of deaths.  If there's one thing Bliz is known for - it's annoying ability nerfs.  ::)

I can assure you that dying on Hell level is far too easy.  It's near impossible to solo.  Nearly every blue is an elemental something; fire chain, arcane, molten, etc...so meleeing the bastards is very hard to do.  With my monk I get a 3 sec serenity (I think it maybe called something else) that makes me immune to all damage.  3 freaking seconds!  I attempted to solo a 3 blue fire chain group.  I died enough to have to repair twice.  I think even if I had my Demon Hunter at Hell level, I'd be helpless in Chapter 1 because there is almost no room to kite in the Cathedral and other indoor levels.  Now I'm not complaining about the difficulty, but good freaking lord my loot drops have not helped at all.  It's always a chapter or six behind in quality.  Basically starting with Hell you are slowly forced into group play if you want to progress through the difficulty level.  I suspect eventually you could solo after a full run and some serious farming for gear.

son_of_montfort

^

This is why you have to be an AOE ranged master like the Witch Doctor!  ;D

I'm progressing sort of slowly, but I should be near the end of normal level soon (Act IV). I'm definitely going to have to tighten my WD build to deal with higher level threats - at the moment I'm just a hybrid of summons and spells. That will have to change and I'll either have to pick direct damage, AoE, or streamlined summons. The problem is, I can't conceive of playing without zombie dogs... although they may not be the most efficient killers.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Nefaro

After hitting Nightmare mode, I've switched over to using more AoE type DoTs (and running away!) and an AoE blaster (like Zombie Charger that multiplies per kill) on my Witch Doctor.  The WD probably has the least amount of escape skills available so DoT & run has become my main M.O.

I stopped using zombie dogs somewhere in the middle of Normal mode after getting the Gargantuan with the aoe swing.  He just lasts far longer against the bigger enemies.  I've actually used both of them, for a short time, but I dunno if the extra pet slot use is worth it or not.  Overall, the WD is a very slow killer - even moreso with primarily DoTs for big-hitters.  Easy to die if you get stuck or surrounded.  :-\

Gusington

It was a little hard to get confused with the text 'Bison' below the witch doctor...TEEHEE. I was dead tired last night after a day of hiking and kayaking and more than a little dehydrated. Sorry for the abruptness of my departure, one of my kids woke up (it was close to 1am).

I will be playing again tonight probably around midnight my time if you want to drop in again Bison...or anyone else who wants to friend me and come along.

LB I sent out a friend request to you but haven't heard anything back. Did you get it? Subtle message? :)

And yes I would do Leah.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Quote from: Gusington on May 27, 2012, 02:19:58 PM
And yes I would do Leah.

Yuck! Seriously... without too much of a spoiler... yuck!  ???

Anyway,
I'm playing on American servers, anyone knows of any good way to locate each other.
I keep forgetting my stupid #number thing that get affixed to the username. :P

Gusington

^Remembering the number would be a good start, then we could all send you friend requests and would be automatically told when you're online.

I'd still do Leah.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd