Main Menu

Diablo 3

Started by Bison, May 15, 2012, 01:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Nefaro on May 24, 2012, 11:34:24 PM
The Templar's nice because he will occasionally give you a small heal.  His DPS is junk, even compared to the rest of them. 

The biggest benefit these windbag sidekicks give are their buffs & debuffs IMO.  Notable options are the Templars health regen (and aforementioned heals of course), the Rogue's Crit Chance bonus, and the Enchantress' Attack Speed bonus.  Also, when you give them stuff that gives you Magic Find or bonus XP, for example, you'll a small portion of that carried over to your own stats - not much though.

I got sick of the Templar as a companion because I found  his rambling annoying pretty quickly.  While the rogue is halfway amusing (and I still hear new stuff from him triggered by unusual environment situations), and the Enchantress talks the least of all.  Their repetitiveness gets tiresome after awhile, and that's the reason I like the rogue - he seems to have more variety.

I HATE the Enchantress. The instant she uttered that giggly nonsense about "Oh, just remembering something the prophet said about you...TEEHEEHEEE" I teleported to town, sold all the gear I'd given her, and ditched her.

And stop calling him a Rogue. He's a Scoundrel.  ;D Greatest class name ever.

Bison

MEET THE BISON!

Here I am in all my awesome glory:

Some scenes of me putting the smack down and getting smacked down attempting to take zoomed in screenshots for which the little fire chain duo of death paid the ultimate price; Bison Beat Down.

Huw the Poo

Bison will return!  Apparently! :)

I really wouldn't mind playing this.  Damn my principles!

Bison

You only live once and what's the worst that happens?  You lose $60 for an awesome diablo loot hunting ride.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Bison on May 25, 2012, 06:05:08 AM
You only live once and what's the worst that happens?  You lose $60 for an awesome diablo loot hunting ride.

Heh.  There's a million other games out there; I don't really feel like I'm missing out, and my principles mean too much to me.  I really, genuinely believe it's important that gamers make a stand against this kind of thing.

All I'm saying is it's a bit tempting.  I loved Diablo 2 and all these screenshots of Diablo 3 are making me feel nostalgic.  If it hadn't been for the DRM I'd have been in on day one. :)

Gusington

^Bison's above quote actually appears on the box that my Diablo III game arrived in.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on May 25, 2012, 09:15:52 AM
^Bison's above quote actually appears on the box that my Diablo III game arrived in.

This one??

Quote from: Bison on May 25, 2012, 06:05:08 AM
You only live once and what's the worst that happens? You lose $60 for an awesome diablo loot hunting ride.

:P

Bison

Bison standing over a vanquished Diablo on Nightmare level. 

PWND the Prime Evil!

Bison

I'm afraid of Hell level...

Nefaro

I now have 3 in Nightmare:  Demon Hunter, Monk, and Witch Doctor.   I've been really enjoying the Demon Hunter lately. 

If anyone's doing some Nightmare mode this weekend, and wants to join for phat loot, let me know!

Nefaro

Demon Hunter fun -

Note the post-processing makes the fog on outdoor areas look blurry.  Not too crazy about that, myself.

Bison

Nice I love the rapid fire skill.

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on May 25, 2012, 06:00:20 PM

Great gaming with you today, Bison. Good times, even if I did die like a dog.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Nefaro

Makes single target takedowns (like boss fights) quick & easy. 

I prefer the Ball Lightning for use on crowds.  The lowly cost of Elemental Arrow (10) lets you spam it, and the Ball Lightning rune gives them a n AoE while they travel.  Excellent for killing crowds.  I sometimes used the Chakram (mostly before I got Ball Lightning) but sometimes I'll switch the same slot to one of those for a change.

Bison

Quote from: LongBlade on May 25, 2012, 07:42:11 PM

Great gaming with you today, Bison. Good times, even if I did die like a dog.

Yeah it go a little hairy several times.