World of Tanks Teams Up with Girls Und Panzer

Started by RooksBailey, August 09, 2013, 09:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 14, 2013, 05:37:13 PM
good luck with that when your in a match with me.  all camo'ed up I can sit in the middle of a field at range and be invisible.

pew pew pew pew!!!

well, with the Stug I can.  the Ferd/Jagd not so much but, thats what you get for driving a warehouse.

The STuG is an awesome tank in a masters hands... whats your gun? the derp or the high velocity cannon?
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

the L70   8)  sucks it only has 35 rounds though.
I came real close to putting money down on the E-25 but sanity prevailed and I dont like where it gets stuck with match maker.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Windigo

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Windigo on August 14, 2013, 05:47:33 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 14, 2013, 05:46:41 PM

its an itty bitty TD

the Ferd only holds 35 but fires muuuuuch slower.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Windigo

Quote from: Windigo on August 14, 2013, 05:47:33 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 14, 2013, 05:46:41 PM

its an itty bitty TD

that runs like a freaking greyhound.... I remeber chasing one down in ruinberg with an M4..... the frakker could find cover just when I was beading on him.... it was so funny because I was getting yelled at by my company to nail him and he was getting the same from his guys (we were sole survivors at that point)

I was thinking in terms of your stug

RooksBailey

Can you say "IP Infringement"?  This is NOT a vid from WoT but from another East European Facebook game called "Project Tank":

Wow.  Just...wow.  ::)

And what is the business strategy here?  Usually you try to "borrow" a good idea from another game and build upon it.  This is just outright cloning of an established hit.  Who are you trying to entice to come over?  I mean, WoT is F2P as it is, so you don't even have a monetary angle!
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

GDS_Starfury

RooksBailey

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 15, 2013, 11:18:02 PM
theres a chinese version out there as well.

Really?  Wow.  I never realized how WoT is getting ripped-off.  Their lawyers must be very busy!   :D
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

jomni

Nefaro

The Japanese are some strange perverts.  ???

Staggerwing

I watched part of one episode and all I could wonder is- How come no bodily injuries from penetrating hits or spalling?

Then I wondered why I wondered...  ::)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 26, 2013, 02:41:25 PM
I watched part of one episode and all I could wonder is- How come no bodily injuries from penetrating hits or spalling?

They need to keep it PG, so no spalling.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

NM. I can't believe I just typed what I just edited...  :o
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

RooksBailey

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 26, 2013, 02:41:25 PM

It is mentioned in passing that the interior of tanks are covered in some sort of magic "carbon" that keeps the crew safe.  I also understand that in the manga it is explained that all the shells have special circuitry that keeps them from penetrating into the crew compartment.  Remember, these are NOT authentic WWII tanks but recreations made especially for the sport of Tankery.

I confess that I watched the first episode of this anime merely out of curiosity...and wound up finishing all 12 episodes!  It really is quite good!  I wrote a review here where I explain just why I was so pleasantly surprised.  It wasn't just the excellent tank battles - and they really were quite exciting! -  it was the fact that it was also a very nice story about the importance of friendship and treating others with respect.  Overall, I thought GuP was a class act. 

I hope we get a big budget live action movie one day....

Oops, I forgot:

Quote from: jomni on August 26, 2013, 06:36:45 AM
Look what I found!

What is that?  An official model?  I confess to being such a fan of this show now that I wouldn't mind a bit of memorabilia. 

GDS_Starfury

cyber hobby IIRC is a division of Dragon Models.  looks like they took a standard PZ-4 kit added some decals and maybe a figure set and almost tripled the price.