Main Menu

Baldur's Gate 3

Started by acctingman, July 19, 2023, 06:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

Quote from: Gusington on July 21, 2023, 07:29:54 PMYou post 'weird as f*ck' as if it's a bad thing!

my apologies....I forgot what forum this was  :shocked:

Gusington

Hmm I think the last RPG I finished was Witcher 3.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I finished Pillars of Eternity 2 but not the DLC thing. I've done Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 twice but can't get excited about doing it a third time. Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2...unfinished. And Solasta thinks I've forgotten it. But soon....
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Grim.Reaper

Looks like final release will weigh in at 122gb and current saves not supported.  Even if you have early access, they seem to imply a complete reinstall will be needed.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

That sounds very familiar from past complaints I've heard.  :hair:   Still, maybe the game will be so epic it'll be worth it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 31, 2023, 06:08:03 PMLooks like final release will weigh in at 122gb and current saves not supported.  Even if you have early access, they seem to imply a complete reinstall will be needed.

That's a good way to get review-bombed! Wow, I'd at least try to find some way of partially refunding the people who paid to help beta-test my product. Imagine chewing along on BG1 or 2 for a year, waiting for the grand finale to open up, only to be told you'll have to start over completely from the beginning.

Although to be fair, I don't know how much gameplay was actually open during the beta. There may have been only messing around, no actual progress. In which case, players may be able to import their developed characters and start the story with them now (even if they're radically overpowered by now).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Some complaints on the Steam board I read a while back included having to restart a new game when new updates and changes to the Early Access versions came out. That's what kept me away. Like a giant Beholder came through and hit your old save with it's Disintegration Ray eyeball.  :cussing: 

Grim.Reaper

For those planning to get the final release, they released a guide on how to prepare for it, especially if you were in the early access program as you need to do a clean install to be the safest.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3655285941429712390

Gusington

^Nice. It is rare that I get excited that I was not in the early access program but here we are.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on August 03, 2023, 08:16:19 AM^Nice. It is rare that I get excited that I was not in the early access program but here we are.

Yeah, I was in the early access, but looking at my time in the game it was a total of 28 minutes so this is really no big issue for me.  I typically always opt-in to early access programs if I know eventually I would buy it anyways and I am reasonably confident it will reach a completed state.

Gusington

^That said I am very much looking forward to this release. Maybe my top anticipated game of the year besides The Great War: Western Front and Diablo.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on August 03, 2023, 08:33:21 AM^That said I am very much looking forward to this release. Maybe my top anticipated game of the year besides The Great War: Western Front and Diablo.

Yep, seems like a lot of people feel that way:)  Come 11am eastern time, the internet is going to slow down with everyone trying to download this thing:)

bobarossa

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 03, 2023, 08:42:03 AM
Quote from: Gusington on August 03, 2023, 08:33:21 AM^That said I am very much looking forward to this release. Maybe my top anticipated game of the year besides The Great War: Western Front and Diablo.

Yep, seems like a lot of people feel that way:)  Come 11am eastern time, the internet is going to slow down with everyone trying to download this thing:)
If I tried using a 9600 baud modem to download this thing it would take just under 4 years. Bet that would clog up the landlines!

Gusington

^Hahaha it would be worth it though.

My purchase is imminent. I am clearing my gaming decks for this, Diablo and Aliens Dark Descent.

It is rare for me to drop everything reading and gaming wise but I have been deep into history lately so it will be nice to take a break from historical gaming and reading and dive into the above three titles.

I totally thought Baldur's Gate 3 was releasing in September too so...awesome surprise today  :twirl:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd