Main Menu

Fridayed

Started by Barthheart, May 03, 2018, 10:06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJReich46

Well.. I am off THREE-DAY WEEKEND!

Neverwinter Nights
Stellaris - my little story inspired me to try a different approach to my Space-Brits. "Nova Britannia"
Field of Glory II  (?)

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

Just reversed history and beat Alexander at the Battle of Issus. Damn it feels good to be a Persian gangster.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Well, I've got Day 4 to play in my Operation E of DESERT WAR (and a video to make about that), which will take up a good chunk of weekend.

So will sleeping, although the yard might take exception to that. But 'work' work has been paradoxically busy the past couple of weeks with preparation for spring construction season (starting a bit late, so jobs are piling up ordered but not released. That'll be crazier once it gets going.)

Most of the Crisis Grogs have finished out Generation 3 in GENESIS but Barth and AzTank will be out of pocket this weekend and their final rounds remain.

I started RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER recently. I forgot how much I hate the constant hard cursing in this reboot series.  :tickedoff: I appreciate the attempt at being realistic, but Lara Croft shouldn't be grimdark, and besides she gets put through so much of a trauma-conga in these new games (plus having to relearn her survival/combat skilz so soon after game 1) that I quickly lose any sense of realism. But I got it on sale back at Christmas, and for the pittance I paid I've probably gotten my entertainment from it already, so any farther I manage to get will be icing. And I do like the environmentals. Maybe I'll just switch over to playing Crystal Dynamics' prior reboot trilogy: haven't played that yet either.

Oh, and I keep forgetting to remind myself to find out how the first shots in my mp game of RED THUNDER with Ysk are going to land...!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Kushan

Did a system reformat this week so I'll be spending a good portion of Friday afternoon finishing reinstalling everything.

As for gaming, going to be a lot of Battletech with some CMANO scenario design thrown in. Might do some flying in Prepar3d if I can get it reinstalled and set up.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

vyshka

Definitely more Battletech this weekend. I just picked up Pike & Shot on sale at Fanatical, so possibly that. I also need to spend more time with recent purchases CMANO and TOAW4. Battletech has me interested in the tabletop game again after 30 years, so I'll be reading up on that and maybe starting something with Mekhq and Megamek.

FlickJax

might finally start playing battletech properly not given it any real time yet and may fire up thrones of brittania... couldnt resist being a brit :)

Tuna

Staples out today!!!.  <:-)

Been in a bit of a gaming funk for last few weeks. But starting to venture into Field of Glory on my laptop. Maybe move to gaming PC, if I can sit comfortably.

Gusington

Good to hear that you're healing up...and playing Field of Glory.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on May 03, 2018, 10:26:08 AM
I can't stop playing Field of Glory 2 - something about it is addicting. Playing out an epic Battle of Issus as the Persians now, then probably Gaugamela and then a proper Alexander campaign...not sure if I will play the campaign that came with the game (a what if scenario) or a more historical one that I downloaded.

Also really want to start a Domina game as well as Apotheon.

War Thunder.  Will be trying to kill something with the 17lber on either the Firefly or the Achilles.  So far no luck with the big gun.

Hofstadter

Stuck at a bloody dog show for the weekend. Some freak was watching me at my stall all day. When I got home a got a text saying "hey I was sitting across from you waiting to talk to you all day, but you never seemed to stop being busy"

Черт меня возьми....
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

Quote from: Gusington on May 03, 2018, 09:09:03 PM
Just reversed history and beat Alexander at the Battle of Issus. Damn it feels good to be a Persian gangster.

You do love you some Persian history!
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

New girlfriend so less gaming time. Can't lead with that you know? "Well, I guess we could go to a blues bar and have some drinks....OR....OR...we could stay in and I'll play my first few missions of BattleTech!

Yeah. No

But I will find time for BattleTech (total virgin. Never played mech pc gameor board game, never watched a mech cartoon or read a mech novel.

May squeeze in a first campaign as Mercia in Britannia
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

GroggyGrognard

Quote from: nelmsm on May 03, 2018, 05:16:21 PM
Picked up Wars of Succession and TOAW IV with my Matrix anniversary coupon so he giving those a look see plus playing CMANO until I either get it or get frustrated and play some Flashpoint Campaign plus a few PBEM files and enough yard work to make the wife smile.

TOAW IV is a fantastic wargame. Arguably, it has near endless value for your money.

Today I bought Rule the Waves on sale. Going to give it a spin this weekend.

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Gusington

New girlfriend, you say? See if she is interested in the Diadochi Wars. If so, she's a keeper. Then play some Battletech.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd