Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I will happily do that. There are features in Rome 2 that none of us could have even imagined for Rome 1.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on August 01, 2013, 10:26:47 AM
I will happily do that. There are features in Rome 2 that none of us could have even imagined for Rome 1.

in the write up we umm both referred to, there are details about legions becoming legendary and causing enemies to react to their reputation that sound great

Sir Slash

Sign me up for the 1st Guinea Pig Legion. Uncle Romulus needs YOU. 8) 8)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I am not thinking I will change Martok's mind. But the theory that the pre-launch to Rome I was just like the pre-launch for rome 2 doesn't cut it because the previous release of Shogun 2 was arguably CA's best game. Of course there are no guarantees, but looking at CA's history I am feeling positive, not negative.

In the end I love the idea of buying the game for him. It will be money well spent in many ways.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

I have not pre-ordered yet, but I do not see any reason to do so at this time.  There is plenty of time left before release and there is no overwhelming benefit to pre-ordering now.  If only there was access to beta code, or something, I'd order in a heartbeat.

It is a definite day one purchase for me.  I have NEVER been disappointed in a TW game.  I've loved them all... 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Silent Disapproval Robot

My 9 month forced hiatus after the release of Fall of the Samurai has convinced me to wait until all the bugs are ironed out and the game goes on sale as a gold edition with all the DLC included before I'm willing to buy.  I mean if they're going to put a big AMD splash screen as the first thing you see when you boot up Shogun 2 and then have the game crash for owners of the top end AMD cards and not fix the issue for 9 months, why would I trust them this time around?

Sir Slash

I'm feeling positive too. After 8 tries, if you count FOTS as stand-alone, they've got to have this thing working like it should. I am sure they'll be problems but they have to know they can't un-load a bunch of crap on us and get away with it. I don't think. Of course I picked Tampa Bay to win the Superbowl last year.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Kushan

*sigh* I'm going to break down and get Rome 2....BUT I'm with JH, I don't see the need to pre-order at the moment. I'll wait and pre-order the night before release solely to get the Greek DLC for free.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

tgb

$60?  No, thank you.  I have plenty to play and there's enough coming out that I can wait until the inevitable Steam sale when it will be closer to $30

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 01, 2013, 01:11:12 PM
It is a definite day one purchase for me.  I have NEVER been disappointed in a TW game.  I've loved them all...
You have never been disappointed by the stupid AI?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Anguille on August 01, 2013, 02:46:48 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 01, 2013, 01:11:12 PM
You have never been disappointed by the stupid AI?

Nope. The games were totally unique and filled a vast gulf in an area of strategic and tactical gaming that had been left void for so long.  The list of what the games got right was far longer than the list of what they got wrong, and for this, I loved them.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Martok on August 01, 2013, 09:52:31 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on August 01, 2013, 09:42:09 AM
lol - this was aimed specifically at you!!!  :P

read the words of wisdom
An admirable attempt 'geek, but you'll find I absolutely cannot be swayed in this case.  I've not been even remotely tempted to pre-order this one, no matter how appealing it appears to be.  :) 

I appreciate your reasoning for not pre-ordering but how can you not be at least a little tempted?  I try to avoid coming to this thread (as you can see it is not really working) so that I can resist the siren call of the game.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

You can get it for 45.00 not 60.00. And if you preorder it now or the night before...you still preordered.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

tgb

Quote from: Gusington on August 01, 2013, 06:57:31 PM
You can get it for 45.00 not 60.00. And if you preorder it now or the night before...you still preordered.

EU4, Dom 4, and Space Hulk all coming out first, I can still wait for the $30 sale price.  It'll probably have a couple of patches by then as well.

mikeck

Day one purchase for me. Even if the reviews are horrible and claim it is a big steaming pile, I will still buy it...just like ETW. Not sure what the release date is but there are a bunch of games coming out in the next few months so of it sucks, I will wait patiently while it is patched. Eu4, Dom4, AoM3,
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson