IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad
MOO3
CM Red Thunder
Endless Legend
Not a lot of time this weekend, but hopefully will get some time with....
F117a
Fallen Enchantress
Endless Legend
Not you, too, Jarhead! Am I going to have to start Friday threads on Wednesday now?! ;)
This is going to be a feast or famine weekend time wise. If I have none, it will probably end up being Warlock. If there is copious amounts, I have four MP games going currently: 2 Civ IV BtS games (on opposite coasts no less), an EUIV MP with Kushan and maybe a Warlock MP with Tuna and W8taminute.
Civ V as Venice. Perhaps check out the new Thief and Red Dragon. Perhaps some Rome 2 as well.
Started vacation today and will be hopefully gaming until next Thursday, with time out for my younger daughter's first birthday on Sunday.
MOO3 tropical
Imperialism 2
Alpha Centauri + Alien Crossfire
Diablo 3
AoE2
Happy birthday to the little one, vyshka! And remember, it's her face that's supposed to be in the cake, not yours ;)
Quote from: vyshka on May 08, 2014, 10:00:01 PM
Started vacation today and will be hopefully gaming until next Thursday, with time out for my younger daughter's first birthday on Sunday.
MOO3 tropical
Imperialism 2
Alpha Centauri + Alien Crossfire
Diablo 3
AoE2
Congrats! My daughter's first birthday is the 27th of this month. You're all invited to the party.
Most of my time will be split between Skyrim, Starpoint Genni 2, Diablo 3, and MOO3. If Metal Dog can find the time, hopefully we cant get some EUIV MP in as well. CK2 and FE:LH are possibilities as well, but probably not likely.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 08, 2014, 10:12:55 PM
Congrats! My daughter's first birthday is the 27th of this month. You're all invited to the party.
oh, are you in for a roller coaster ride.
I'm all-in on the Pacific theater right now.
WitP:AE - continuing the Grand Campaign as Allies
IL-2 with the Dark Blue World mod. I finally, finally got it to work and now I'm busy modding the crap out of it with some new campaigns and skins. I'm liking what I see so far, though!
If I drink this weekend, then I'll definitely be playing some Rising Storm multiplayer.
CK2, CM Red Thunder, WOFF, Tigers Unleashed testing and Qvadriga
War Thunder Ground Forces Beta
and one or more of these:
IL-2: 1946 w/ HSFX mod
IL-2: CLoD w/ TF mod
Falcon 4 BMS
Over The Reich (more like "Over The Hill!) :D
Rising Storm/RO2 multi-player
Very happy to see so many enjoying MOO3! Might play some turns this weekend.
Otherwise:
- Star Trek: Birth of the Federation. My Romulan campaign is coming along...took Cardassia but it's still a long way to go to victory...i lose a lot of ship for each system i take. I'd like to have an Alliance with the Federation but they resist...the other good canditates are the Ferengi but do i have enough Gold-Pressed latinum.
- Horizon: Humans in Space
- Storm over the Pacific pbem as Japan
- Armada 2526 Supernova pbem
- Total War: Shogun....reaching the end of the campaign...
I shall be playing CK2 Wessex and CK2 Parma
EU4 Naples
Endless Legend
Maybe some Pride of Nations
I shall be drinking Crabbies and Jamesons
I shall be eating KFC hot wings
And I shall be wearing only pants - English pants, not your American ones
I have a weekend entirely to myself
vyshka - happy birthday to the little one...and GDS hit the nail on the head!
I have my charity bike ride on Sunday - so that's kind of written off because I like to end a nice 60 mile bicycle ride with a few beers (quite a few!)
However - I do have Friday and Saturday.
WitP:AE - now I've managed to keep it, I'm going to keep digging - occasionally
F1 2013 - race at Silverstone as a Williams driver
ARMA III - stuck trying to take out two sentries before an assault. I do everything I seemingly have to, but still my soldiers won't open fire....so it ends up I'm told I've missed my window and the attack goes loud...have I missed something?
RRE - DTM I love DTM. The game is missing stuff, but it's still a reasonable racing game.
SOme other nonsense. I should try and finish Bioshock Infinite but as beautiful as it looked I don't think I was paying enough attention to the story and so have lost my snare on it.
Master of Orion 3 + Tropical Mod.
I am at a conference this weekend so am restricted to whatever my netbook can handle. Still, Age of Wonders 1, ST:Birth of the Federation and Civil War Generals 2 should keep me busy! :)
I am just going to stare at Anguille's new avatar all weekend.
Unless he changes it. Then I might actually have to find something to do.
oooo and Combat Mission Black Sea beta testing - just went up this morning
Quote from: Shelldrake on May 09, 2014, 05:07:24 AM
I am at a conference this weekend so am restricted to whatever my netbook can handle. Still, Age of Wonders 1, ST:Birth of the Federation and Civil War Generals 2 should keep me busy! :)
Ah...got the same games on my netbook! Excellent choices ;)
Quote from: Staggerwing on May 09, 2014, 05:11:51 AM
I am just going to stare at Anguille's new avatar all weekend.
Unless he changes it. Then I might actually have to find something to do.
Totally!
Who is it or what programme/film is it from?
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 09, 2014, 05:13:02 AM
oooo and Combat Mission Black Sea beta testing - just went up this morning
What's this?
Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 09, 2014, 05:37:08 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on May 09, 2014, 05:11:51 AM
I am just going to stare at Anguille's new avatar all weekend.
Unless he changes it. Then I might actually have to find something to do.
Totally!
Who is it or what programme/film is it from?
Salma Hayek in After the Sunset...i am also staring at it and forget to post something on the board...
Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 09, 2014, 05:37:37 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 09, 2014, 05:13:02 AM
oooo and Combat Mission Black Sea beta testing - just went up this morning
What's this?
the new modern day Nato/Ukraine/Russia one
I don't see no link :(
The final mission in the CM:Red Thunder tutorial campaign, followed by a read-through of the manual. Also Plague Inc.- Evolved which I bought on a whim yesterday and has been consuming all of my time.
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 09, 2014, 02:36:19 AM
Maybe some Pride of Nations
They announced that there will likely be another PrON patch sometime in the future, after whatever they're currently doing hits a slow point.
BF4 for me.
DCS A-10C and some Falcon BMS
After that its vacation time! Some nice R&R in the woods!
No tablet , no laptop, no licky boom boom down anymore.
Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 09, 2014, 06:55:05 AM
I don't see no link :(
theres nothing to link to - weve received alpha code today - thats your lot :-X
Sorry - I didn't read it properly. "beta" :D
Disc Golf - not computer based, but there is a new course I am wanting to play.
Crusader Kings II - Not looking good for my Russian Empire ambitions
Civ V - Started a new game on my quest to finish a game and back-log work down
B-17 Mighty Eighth - continue my 25 mission campaign
Rome 2 - Started a new game as Sparta, have not played since several patches ago and decided to wait until a couple more where released, feel like back-log and timing it right and to devert from my usual Rome campaign.
I have several other games that could get into the mix like 7 Days to die, FSX, Endless Legend, Silent Hunter, MOO3, Birth of the Fed...... but probably will not get to any of them.
PE
Quote from: PanzersEast on May 09, 2014, 08:22:37 AM
Disc Golf - not computer based, but there is a new course I am wanting to play.
...
Cool! Do you get to play a lot? There's a couple of courses around here but I haven't play a round in years. Did you ever play Ultimate as well?
For me it's more yard work.
When not getting dirty I'll be playing:
World of Tanks on Xbox - 5x experience weekend!
Imperialism II since it was brought up and I haven't played in eons.
Try and get Luftwaffe on the table.
Quote from: Barthheart on May 09, 2014, 08:28:20 AM
Cool! Do you get to play a lot? There's a couple of courses around here but I haven't play a round in years. Did you ever play Ultimate as well?
I play as much as I can... it is very relaxing! I have never played Ultimate but have always wanted to.... maybe I will get the chance one day as it has always intrigued me. Nothing like playing some disc gold after a long week or day at work..... plus the wife never wants to tag along and it is inexpensive to play!
PE
Quote from: PanzersEast on May 09, 2014, 08:35:14 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on May 09, 2014, 08:28:20 AM
Cool! Do you get to play a lot? There's a couple of courses around here but I haven't play a round in years. Did you ever play Ultimate as well?
I play as much as I can... it is very relaxing! I have never played Ultimate but have always wanted to.... maybe I will get the chance one day as it has always intrigued me. Nothing like playing some disc gold after a long week or day at work..... plus the wife never wants to tag along and it is inexpensive to play!
PE
Disk golf is MUCH cheaper than that other golf that's fer sure. And it is relaxing.... on a calm day. ;)
I played Ultimate for 17 years until I just couldn't keep up with the young'ins. Great sport.
Quote from: Toonces on May 09, 2014, 12:50:45 AM
I'm all-in on the Pacific theater right now.
WitP:AE - continuing the Grand Campaign as Allies
IL-2 with the Dark Blue World mod. I finally, finally got it to work and now I'm busy modding the crap out of it with some new campaigns and skins. I'm liking what I see so far, though!
Yep, Dark Blue World was very cool. I added mods too. Soon I was in China in about 1936. I woke up on the barge with a headache.
AND I should be playing some WitP:AE PBEM.
And possibly some RoF, CLOD, RomeII, CMRT and boardgames.
I'm not sure if this is legal, or just morally questionable. I'm playing the same game today and this weekend as I was on Turn Back Thursday.
Simcity4 has bit me, hard, again.
Having a lot of fun with CM Fortress Italy/Gustav Line at the moment. As a newcomer to CMx2 I thought I should spend some time with the backlog before diving into Red Thunder. I'm finding I like fighting in the Sicilian / Italian landscape a lot more than Normandy's bocage or Market Garden's Dutch polder.
Finally upgraded to 4.12.2M for IL2-1946 so I'll be playing that quite a bit.
Some Cities in Motion and also some CMBN.
Quote from: WallysWorld on May 09, 2014, 10:36:26 AM
Finally upgraded to 4.12.2M for IL2-1946 so I'll be playing that quite a bit.
Some Cities in Motion and also some CMBN.
What's Cities in Motion like? I've almost clicked the BUY button several times - but always stopped. Is it like SimCity?
In honor of Mother's Day here in the US, I'll be playing CMBN's Kampgruppe Engel campaign, battle 5 of 8," Crossing the Dives". A real Mother if there ever was one. Why do the Canadians care so much about one little bridge in France? Just because the whole German Army has to cross it to escape? We just want to pass through, after all, we are trying to go home. But no... they have to shoot holes in all my tanks and trucks and blow-up my infantry. They're being VERY unreasonable. You can tell it's not Mother's Day in their country (maybe it is I don't know). And I'll be staring at Anguille's avatar too. That's the breast avatar... best avatar I mean, I've seen in a long time.
Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 09, 2014, 11:31:28 AM
What's Cities in Motion like? I've almost clicked the BUY button several times - but always stopped. Is it like SimCity?
I haven't played much of it yet, but the game is strictly mass transit based meaning you build bus, tram and subway lines only. You then purchase and add different vehicles to those lines while balancing passenger attitudes towards your company, employee wages, fares and so on. There are different sections of each city meaning residential, business, industrial and shopping which you have to plan your lines around to transport the people back and forth. You don't build roads, buildings or zones like SimCity.
It's a fun game especially when you watch the people get on and off your vehicles or watch for traffic jams or traffic accidents that slow your vehicles down and thus prevent pickup of the passengers in time so their attitude towards your company drops. There is some micromanagement to the game so it may not be for everyone.
There is a demo available for Cities in Motion at Gamersgate: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CIM/cities-in-motion (http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CIM/cities-in-motion). I recommend trying the demo first like I did.
Cities in Motion 2 has the ability for the player to build roads and so on, but I don't have that game.
Quote from: WallysWorld on May 09, 2014, 11:42:03 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 09, 2014, 11:31:28 AM
What's Cities in Motion like? I've almost clicked the BUY button several times - but always stopped. Is it like SimCity?
I haven't played much of it yet, but the game is strictly mass transit based meaning you build bus, tram and subway lines only. You then purchase and add different vehicles to those lines while balancing passenger attitudes towards your company, employee wages, fares and so on. There are different sections of each city meaning residential, business, industrial and shopping which you have to plan your lines around to transport the people back and forth. You don't build roads, buildings or zones like SimCity.
It's a fun game especially when you watch the people get on and off your vehicles or watch for traffic jams or traffic accidents that slow your vehicles down and thus prevent pickup of the passengers in time so their attitude towards your company drops. There is some micromanagement to the game so it may not be for everyone.
There is a demo available for Cities in Motion at Gamersgate: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CIM/cities-in-motion (http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CIM/cities-in-motion). I recommend trying the demo first like I did.
Cities in Motion 2 has the ability for the player to build roads and so on, but I don't have that game.
Brilliant - exactly what I was looking for impression wise.
I may well give the demo a go - but if I do buy in, it'll likely be 2 and not the first edition.
Thanks
Distant Worlds.
Darkspire
(Bloody hell,
Jarhead; that damn song's gonna be stuck in my head the rest of the day now. >:( Gah!)
I've mostly been playing
Birth of the Federation the last few days: I've got a decent Cardassian campaign in the Balance of Power mod going (despite the stupid Tamarans and Bajorans ganging up on me at the moment - grr!). In the just-released Ultimate Mod 5, things are going pretty good in my Federation campaign so far; I've colonized several nice systems, and have just signed an affiliation treaty with the Talosians, thus extending my ship range even further. (On the other hand, the Tholians are just two sectors from Earth, which isn't exactly comfortable -- good thing the Sol system is protected by a starbase and a squadron of Miranda-class light cruisers!)
Now that patch 12 is out, I'm thinking it's time to fire up
Rome II again. Now the question is, to load up my existing Athens campaign, or start a new one? Hmm...
Time allowing, I'd like to get back to my campaign in
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes as well.
Quote from: Anguille on May 09, 2014, 02:17:07 AM- Star Trek: Birth of the Federation. My Romulan campaign is coming along...took Cardassia but it's still a long way to go to victory...i lose a lot of ship for each system i take. I'd like to have an Alliance with the Federation but they resist...the other good canditates are the Ferengi but do i have enough Gold-Pressed latinum.
Nice! You playing one of the mods?
Quote from: Darkspire on May 09, 2014, 12:12:24 PM
Distant Worlds.
Darkspire
Sigh. Yet another game I haven't spent enough time with lately...
I got to Jarhead's early for his daughter's 1st b-day party...and wouldn't you know it no one else is here except Selma Hayek.
Quote from: Gusington on May 09, 2014, 12:35:05 PM
I got to Jarhead's early for his daughter's 1st b-day party...and wouldn't you know it no one else is here except Selma Hayek.
He stuck me in the cupboard under the stairs...said there was booze in there and BAM! Door locked!
Quote from: WallysWorld on May 09, 2014, 11:42:03 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 09, 2014, 11:31:28 AM
What's Cities in Motion like? I've almost clicked the BUY button several times - but always stopped. Is it like SimCity?
I haven't played much of it yet, but the game is strictly mass transit based meaning you build bus, tram and subway lines only. You then purchase and add different vehicles to those lines while balancing passenger attitudes towards your company, employee wages, fares and so on. There are different sections of each city meaning residential, business, industrial and shopping which you have to plan your lines around to transport the people back and forth. You don't build roads, buildings or zones like SimCity.
It's a fun game especially when you watch the people get on and off your vehicles or watch for traffic jams or traffic accidents that slow your vehicles down and thus prevent pickup of the passengers in time so their attitude towards your company drops. There is some micromanagement to the game so it may not be for everyone.
There is a demo available for Cities in Motion at Gamersgate: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CIM/cities-in-motion (http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CIM/cities-in-motion). I recommend trying the demo first like I did.
Cities in Motion 2 has the ability for the player to build roads and so on, but I don't have that game.
That is one beautiful game. And very engrossing. I can see me liking it. I'm slightly confused as to why Cities in Motion is the same price as Cities in Motion 2 though??
^I can't believe you fell for that old gag again.
Quote from: Martok on May 09, 2014, 12:15:00 PM
(Bloody hell, Jarhead; that damn song's gonna be stuck in my head the rest of the day now. >:( Gah!)
glad i'm not the only one suffering then. Worst. Song. Ever. ;)
Quote from: Gusington on May 09, 2014, 12:47:21 PM
^I can't believe you fell for that old gag again.
I haven't bought yet ;D
WoT 5x sandwiched around a weekend trip to St Charles MO, and maybe try to get MOO3 reinstalled
You all think you know me....
I will be firing up Rise of Prussia gold (now on STEAM kiddies)
Maybe some Empire Total war.
Also Moo3 and Elite:dangerous (combat in this game is awesome)
Again I have to say I'm lovin' this weeks theme and video.
I'm no Informa so I be not tellin' you man what I'll be playin' this irie weekend. 8)
That was you in the cupboard Dredd? I thought it was Selma Hayek! :-* :-* :-*
Quote from: Sir Slash on May 09, 2014, 02:03:07 PM
That was you in the cupboard Dredd? I thought it was Selma Hayek! :-* :-* :-*
Is that why you jumped in too? ;D
Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 09, 2014, 12:40:35 PM
Quote from: Gusington on May 09, 2014, 12:35:05 PM
I got to Jarhead's early for his daughter's 1st b-day party...and wouldn't you know it no one else is here except Selma Hayek.
He stuck me in the cupboard under the stairs...said there was booze in there and BAM! Door locked!
I wondered who that was in the dark muttering about finding a bottle-opener.....
Quote from: bob48 on May 09, 2014, 03:18:23 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 09, 2014, 12:40:35 PM
Quote from: Gusington on May 09, 2014, 12:35:05 PM
I got to Jarhead's early for his daughter's 1st b-day party...and wouldn't you know it no one else is here except Selma Hayek.
He stuck me in the cupboard under the stairs...said there was booze in there and BAM! Door locked!
I wondered who that was in the dark muttering about finding a bottle-opener.....
I'm a jock - I don't need a bottle opener ;D
..must be somebody else in the cupboard then.......hang on, he's got a funny Yorkshire accent...must be Geek.....
I KNEW I wasn't talking to myself - I NEVER say "eeebagummm" ;D
^LOL
bastards
At least you're reasonably soft to use as a sofa......pass the bottle, JD.
That was me in the cupboard in scuba gear and Selma Hayek. She opens bottles real good.
Quote from: Nefaro on May 09, 2014, 01:55:18 AM
War Thunder Ground Forces Beta
and one or more of these:
IL-2: 1946 w/ HSFX mod
IL-2: CLoD w/ TF mod
Falcon 4 BMS
Over The Reich (more like "Over The Hill!) :D
Rising Storm/RO2 multi-player
My soul mate!
Nice to see IL-2 making a minor comeback on Grogheads.
Word.
Quote from: Gusington on May 09, 2014, 06:00:49 PM
That was me in the cupboard in scuba gear and Selma Hayek. She opens bottles real good.
ive got to agree if i was in a darkened cupboard with Bob and JD watching me, the only thing id use Selma Heyek for is opening bottles too
although the 90 degree angle on the back of Bobs pan flattened head is perfect
^HAHA
I really hope I can get some gaming in this weekend. I haven't had a chance for it at all this past week and a half. I could really use to relaxation of killing pixilated bad guys.
If I do get any in it will probably be CKII or maybe finally start ARMA III
Damn, Jarhead really needs to get a light in that cupboard..... or maybe not. ;)
Quote from: Toonces on May 09, 2014, 06:09:00 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 09, 2014, 01:55:18 AM
War Thunder Ground Forces Beta
and one or more of these:
IL-2: 1946 w/ HSFX mod
IL-2: CLoD w/ TF mod
Falcon 4 BMS
Over The Reich (more like "Over The Hill!) :D
Rising Storm/RO2 multi-player
My soul mate!
Nice to see IL-2 making a minor comeback on Grogheads.
Word.
Been wanting to do some single-player campaigns with one or both of the
IL-2s. While
CLoD looks great, it doesn't have anywhere near the variety of
1946 which is still graphically bearable. Was more interested in flying some Pacific and East Front stuff anyway, so
1946 may be the one.
Been mostly doing some
War Thunder Ground Forces today. Definitely has a more realistic feel than WoT's Hit Point & Gold Ammo gameyness (just a couple of my numerous gripes). The "Realistic" battles are a blast.. probably the "Simulation" ones too. Hopefully this thing goes Open Beta soon so the final reset gets done. Looks to be in as good a shape as the Air Forces version was when it went OB.
Got a new computer so I'd like to try some games that my old one struggled with to see how they really play. Loaded the texture pack for Skyrim and maxed out the settings. It's like putting on glasses for the first time and seeing what the world really looks like. Pretty amazing. But I imagine I'll mostly be continuing with AoW3, though it looks a lot prettier.
Im going through Mirths std chart.
Quote from: Nefaro on May 09, 2014, 10:39:30 PM
Quote from: Toonces on May 09, 2014, 06:09:00 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 09, 2014, 01:55:18 AM
War Thunder Ground Forces Beta
and one or more of these:
IL-2: 1946 w/ HSFX mod
IL-2: CLoD w/ TF mod
Falcon 4 BMS
Over The Reich (more like "Over The Hill!) :D
Rising Storm/RO2 multi-player
My soul mate!
Nice to see IL-2 making a minor comeback on Grogheads.
Word.
Been wanting to do some single-player campaigns with one or both of the IL-2s. While CLoD looks great, it doesn't have anywhere near the variety of 1946 which is still graphically bearable. Was more interested in flying some Pacific and East Front stuff anyway, so 1946 may be the one.
Been mostly doing some War Thunder Ground Forces today. Definitely has a more realistic feel than WoT's Hit Point & Gold Ammo gameyness (just a couple of my numerous gripes). The "Realistic" battles are a blast.. probably the "Simulation" ones too. Hopefully this thing goes Open Beta soon so the final reset gets done. Looks to be in as good a shape as the Air Forces version was when it went OB.
So I'm knee-deep in IL-2 Pacific Theater, using a DCG campaign, but man am I having trouble getting into it. I always, always run into the same problem with Pacific Theater campaigns....they're so bloody boring!
The only thing I can think of to make this better, a possible solution, would be to eliminate the mini-map, path markers, etc. on the map and force myself to dead-reckon to target and back using a good old clock and math. Because the way I play it now, I take off, click on the autopilot, go to 8x time compression, sit around for 10 or 15 minutes until something happens, click out, fight, then RTB, click on autopilot, click 8x, wait another 10 minutes, and then bring the plane back aboard the boat.
BORING!
There just isn't any drama. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I've never been able to find the hook. I'm open to suggestions. The game looks better than ever, and I have massive formations of planes flying around, but the missions are so damn tedious.
Maybe I'm spoiled from Falcon. In Falcon, you have events happening on both sides of the FLOT so even though the flights can be a bit long, you are busy the whole time. In IL-2, not much goes on during the transit to keep you engaged.
I always felt IL2 (and it's iterations) was soulless. I was one of few though. Plenty of people got a lot of mileage and more - I just never found what they found.
Quote from: Toonces on May 10, 2014, 03:05:00 AM
So I'm knee-deep in IL-2 Pacific Theater, using a DCG campaign, but man am I having trouble getting into it. I always, always run into the same problem with Pacific Theater campaigns....they're so bloody boring!
The only thing I can think of to make this better, a possible solution, would be to eliminate the mini-map, path markers, etc. on the map and force myself to dead-reckon to target and back using a good old clock and math. Because the way I play it now, I take off, click on the autopilot, go to 8x time compression, sit around for 10 or 15 minutes until something happens, click out, fight, then RTB, click on autopilot, click 8x, wait another 10 minutes, and then bring the plane back aboard the boat.
BORING!
There just isn't any drama. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I've never been able to find the hook. I'm open to suggestions. The game looks better than ever, and I have massive formations of planes flying around, but the missions are so damn tedious.
Maybe I'm spoiled from Falcon. In Falcon, you have events happening on both sides of the FLOT so even though the flights can be a bit long, you are busy the whole time. In IL-2, not much goes on during the transit to keep you engaged.
Maybe I should just move my butt and learn BMS. Well... more like
memorize BMS, as I know a good portion of how to fly and fight with it. Just a matter of burning all the little stuff into memory so I can go through the motions without having to stop and think on where everything is.
I'm really just looking for a fun dynamic campaign and Falcon 4 is one of the very few. Probably the best after all the community work over the years. I'd say WOFF is the only other one where the world you're flying in seems somewhat alive, but I've been at that one steadily for months so it's time to change scenery for a bit.
Quote from: Martok on May 09, 2014, 12:15:00 PM
Quote from: Anguille on May 09, 2014, 02:17:07 AM- Star Trek: Birth of the Federation. My Romulan campaign is coming along...took Cardassia but it's still a long way to go to victory...i lose a lot of ship for each system i take. I'd like to have an Alliance with the Federation but they resist...the other good canditates are the Ferengi but do i have enough Gold-Pressed latinum.
Nice! You playing one of the mods?
Yes, Balance of Power.
When you get the chance, Anguille, check out Ultimate Mod 5. I don't know that it's better than BOP, but it's definitely fun.
Maybe some
Commander: The Great War.
Try to finish my Axis turn for
Stalingrad Pocket II over VASSAL.
Quote from: PanzersEast on May 09, 2014, 08:22:37 AM
B-17 Mighty Eighth - continue my 25 mission campaign
How is this game? I've always been curious about it.
Thanks,
Groggy
Quote from: Martok on May 10, 2014, 12:27:44 PM
When you get the chance, Anguille, check out Ultimate Mod 5. I don't know that it's better than BOP, but it's definitely fun.
Ok...thanks...will check...what are the main features?
Cheers
Quote from: Anguille on May 10, 2014, 02:40:31 PM
Quote from: Martok on May 10, 2014, 12:27:44 PM
When you get the chance, Anguille, check out Ultimate Mod 5. I don't know that it's better than BOP, but it's definitely fun.
Ok...thanks...will check...what are the main features?
Cheers
Well the single most obvious one is that the Dominion replaces the Ferengi as one of the five playable factions (the Ferengi remain in the game as a minor race). As for other features, I'll be lazy and just pull it directly from
dafedz's OP:
-The Fed GUI has been overhauled and largely recreated.
-New Planetary animations (made for Botf2, finally seeing the light of day)
-Massive number of new buildings
-Buildable Minor race ships
-Outposts removed, Starbases built from the start
-Many Minors have up to 3 buildings available, ranging from tech 1 up
-12 Techs in all to research
-Buildings auto-upgrade with Tech breakthroughs
-Techs split into 'eras', Tech 1-4 *points gap* 5-8 *points gap* 9-12
-New ship models for Feds, Cards, Klings, and Roms, + remade my old 'cookie-cutter' Breen model whose hi polys more oft than not resulted in CTD
-Several new Minors debut
[Martok's note: including fan-favorites like the Tholians, Breen, and Orions]Speaking only for myself, UM5 feels sort of like a blend between Balance of Power and Ultimate Dominion Mod 3, with a chunk of All the Ages added in for good measure (dafedz readily admits he borrowed/stole a lot of the changes/fixes Gowron added to his BOP mod, and that BOP and UDM3 in general seem to have been his main inspiration to do UM5). The tech trees being split into "eras" is pretty cool, and I'm coming to like the focus/importance of M-class planets. The revamp of minor races is welcome, as is the fact that you can build their ships (playing as the Federation feels much more authentic when you can have actual Vulcan cruisers in your fleet). :D
If I had to boil down my experience (thus far) with Ultimate Mod 5 to one sentence, though, it would probably be this: The BOP mod with more "flavor", and with the Dominion in place of the Ferengi. Not a bad thing IMHO.
Quote from: Martok on May 10, 2014, 03:04:36 PM
Quote from: Anguille on May 10, 2014, 02:40:31 PM
Quote from: Martok on May 10, 2014, 12:27:44 PM
When you get the chance, Anguille, check out Ultimate Mod 5. I don't know that it's better than BOP, but it's definitely fun.
Ok...thanks...will check...what are the main features?
Cheers
Well the single most obvious one is that the Dominion replaces the Ferengi as one of the five playable factions (the Ferengi remain in the game as a minor race). As for other features, I'll be lazy and just pull it directly from dafedz's OP:
-The Fed GUI has been overhauled and largely recreated.
-New Planetary animations (made for Botf2, finally seeing the light of day)
-Massive number of new buildings
-Buildable Minor race ships
-Outposts removed, Starbases built from the start
-Many Minors have up to 3 buildings available, ranging from tech 1 up
-12 Techs in all to research
-Buildings auto-upgrade with Tech breakthroughs
-Techs split into 'eras', Tech 1-4 *points gap* 5-8 *points gap* 9-12
-New ship models for Feds, Cards, Klings, and Roms, + remade my old 'cookie-cutter' Breen model whose hi polys more oft than not resulted in CTD
-Several new Minors debut [Martok's note: including fan-favorites like the Tholians, Breen, and Orions]
Speaking only for myself, UM5 feels sort of like a blend between Balance of Power and Ultimate Dominion Mod 3, with a chunk of All the Ages added in for good measure (dafedz readily admits he borrowed/stole a lot of the changes/fixes Gowron added to his BOP mod, and that BOP and UDM3 in general seem to have been his main inspiration to do UM5). The tech trees being split into "eras" is pretty cool, and I'm coming to like the focus/importance of M-class planets. The revamp of minor races is welcome, as is the fact that you can build their ships (playing as the Federation feels much more authentic when you can have actual Vulcan cruisers in your fleet). :D
If I had to boil down my experience (thus far) with Ultimate Mod 5 to one sentence, though, it would probably be this: The BOP mod with more "flavor", and with the Dominion in place of the Ferengi. Not a bad thing IMHO.
Thanks...playing a few turns already. I guess what stopped me is that i still had in mind that back in the days, it wasn't as easy to install a mod...this one comes with a full installer! Great. I would have preferred the option to add major races but it's fine as i can play 2 different games on the same computer (Balance of Power and Ultimate Mod 5)....looking forward to meet the Dominion on the battle field... 8)
As am I. :)
One thing I will mention (credit goes to Flocke over at the AFC forums for pointing it out) is that right now (and for better or worse), UM5 is faster-paced than BOP. Colony ships are cheap, colonies develop more quickly since you don't need to upgrade anything, and M-class planets are surprisingly common.
Unless/until dafedz releases a balance patch/update, I'm thinking of using Ultimate Editor to either increase the cost of colony ships, reduce the frequency of M-class planets, or both -- not sure yet what I'm going to do there. Still fun, though!
I've spent more time playing World of Tanks this weekend than any of the other games I've played combined. It's because of the Military Parade Weekend (http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/22/military-parade/) special. The cost of garage slots has been reduced from 300 gold to 100 gold. There are numerous other specials featuring things for 50% off as well as discounts for a number of armored vehicles.
You can even get 5 Large Repair Kits, 5 Large First Aid Kits, and 5 Automatic Fire Extinguishers just for logging in. My favorite mission is Victory March which awards 80,000 credits if you win five (5) battles where you place within the top 10 XP earners; it is available: on Random, Team, or Historical Battles maps for Tier IV or higher, and can be repeated up to three (3) times a day--that's 240,000 credits daily!
The specials end tomorrow morning, Monday, May 12, 04:00 PDT (07:00 EDT).
I spent a lot of time trying to like Arma III. It looks amazing, everything on full, i'd be happy just crouched behind a rock counting the moss and watching butterflys go passed. Im playing through the campaign and whilst its constructed great im just dieing so regularly and restarting i have no connection to my character, die, restart, die, restart, die, restart, its not that immersion is broken, its shattered to bits - i want to like it, and spent 5 hours trying my best - it might be one for the recycle bin - itll be the only way to remove the temptation
Quote from: MetalDog on May 08, 2014, 09:46:08 PM
Not you, too, Jarhead! Am I going to have to start Friday threads on Wednesday now?! ;)
This is going to be a feast or famine weekend time wise. If I have none, it will probably end up being Warlock. If there is copious amounts, I have four MP games going currently: 2 Civ IV BtS games (on opposite coasts no less), an EUIV MP with Kushan and maybe a Warlock MP with Tuna and W8taminute.
such a slut you are.
If I am such a slut, how come I am not in a MP game with you, too? ;)
Got some good gaming in this weekend and was unexpected...... just some observations from late... late night gaming and working down my list.
Rome Total War II
I must be burned out on the TW series as I found the ai just lacking as it made stupid tactical and strategic decisions. I was playing Sparta and Macedon could have wiped me out several times but went parading around the strategic map like a band of crack addicts looking for a fix. Not sure if I will continue playing this as it put me off.
Endless Space
I've put some hours into this game and picked it up again and then put it back down. Not sure if playing EU IV and CK2 have spoiled me, but the game felt lifeless and just empty. By about turn 40 I was bored to tears.
Civilization V
Played the most this weekend and after getting back into it, I really enjoyed the game. I am a little surprised as it did not stick with me earlier, but after loading a couple of mods and setting down with it, I really enjoyed it.
Birth of the Federation - Ultimate Mod 5 v2.1
Fired this one up and started as the Klingons to just mess with the galaxy.... enjoyed it. I am still learning the mechanics of the game, but thus far I prefer it over Endless Space and others... it has character that's for sure.
B-17 Mighty Eighth
Old game but continues my squadron commanders campaign and looked a little silly as bad weather through 2 missions but a hamper on operations. Missed one secondary target but on the 3rd mission we where able to deliver the package to the primary target. Overall having a blast with the game and one big reason is I finally got my stick mapped to the gun controls which makes it a ton easier to play. We have had minimal losses at this point as well, but it is early.
Couple of games I un-installed as I do my spring cleaning.
- Banished
- Endless Space
- Sword of the Stars II
PE
Quote from: MetalDog on May 12, 2014, 06:01:24 AM
If I am such a slut, how come I am not in a MP game with you, too? ;)
This reminds me of Leo DiCaprio in Gangs of New York asking Cameron Diaz, "Is there anyone in New York you haven't f***ed!?" She says "Yes, you!:
I was sick as a dog this weekend.. and my wife was supposed to go away for a Scrap Booking weekend (so would've been a gaming weekend).. But she had a fall a few weeks ago and was still not feeling right.. So we both were kind of 'down' this weekend... What lil time I had went to Fallen Enchantress and a couple failed FSX flights :(
Quote from: Tuna on May 12, 2014, 01:19:28 PM
I was sick as a dog this weekend.. and my wife was supposed to go away for a Scrap Booking weekend (so would've been a gaming weekend).. But she had a fall a few weeks ago and was still not feeling right.. So we both were kind of 'down' this weekend... What lil time I had went to Fallen Enchantress and a couple failed FSX flights :(
how do you fail?
i thought it was an easy going, sit back and fly job
^Spoken like a true non-flight simmer.
Anywho, Tuna, hope you are both feeling better now.
allllllllright Duggie Bader
Quote from: bob48 on May 12, 2014, 02:54:45 PM
^Spoken like a true non-flight simmer.
Anywho, Tuna, hope you are both feeling better now.
lol... I had a severe wind shift with Rex Weather which cause my plane to overspeed (I hate to have to spend 50 bucks on Active Sky Next - but that might be the better Weather Engine to use)...
I'm still a lil sick but doing better.. Wife is starting to feel better.. she had a nasty fall.. Broke her front tooth.. black Eye.. scrapes on face, hands and knees (of which the hand got infected), and she had a concussion.
Quote from: Tuna on May 12, 2014, 03:21:31 PM
Quote from: bob48 on May 12, 2014, 02:54:45 PM
^Spoken like a true non-flight simmer.
Anywho, Tuna, hope you are both feeling better now.
lol... I had a severe wind shift with Rex Weather which cause my plane to overspeed (I hate to have to spend 50 bucks on Active Sky Next - but that might be the better Weather Engine to use)...
I'm still a lil sick but doing better.. Wife is starting to feel better.. she had a nasty fall.. Broke her front tooth.. black Eye.. scrapes on face, hands and knees (of which the hand got infected), and she had a concussion.
Ouch. That sounds sore. I hope she gets better soon.
Ouch! - That's nasty, hope Mrs Tuna feels better soon.
...Geek.....who's a dodgy badger?
Quote from: Ubercat on May 12, 2014, 09:32:18 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on May 12, 2014, 06:01:24 AM
If I am such a slut, how come I am not in a MP game with you, too? ;)
This reminds me of Leo DiCaprio in Gangs of New York asking Cameron Diaz, "Is there anyone in New York you haven't f***ed!?" She says "Yes, you!:
You saying you want to MP me? ;)
Quote from: GroggyGrognard on May 10, 2014, 12:41:14 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on May 09, 2014, 08:22:37 AM
B-17 Mighty Eighth - continue my 25 mission campaign
How is this game? I've always been curious about it.
Thanks,
Groggy
I have been really enjoying it, especially after I was able to bind the gun control to my stick. Controlling the different gun placements it nearly impossible with the keyboard as you do not get that fine control needed to track enemy a/c. I am currently playing the Squadron Commander campaign and have had weather muck up 2 of my missions.
There are a lot of thing to do in the game as far as managing your crew and actually taking control over the bombing and navigation. As your crew gets more experience, they get better at performing task... like your navigator not getting lost as much..... Good Times
PE