Friday! A Licky boom-boom down.

Started by Jarhead0331, May 08, 2014, 09:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on May 09, 2014, 12:35:05 PM
I got to Jarhead's early for his daughter's 1st b-day party...and wouldn't you know it no one else is here except Selma Hayek.
He stuck me in the cupboard under the stairs...said there was booze in there and BAM! Door locked!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Quote from: WallysWorld on May 09, 2014, 11:42:03 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 09, 2014, 11:31:28 AM
What's Cities in Motion like? I've almost clicked the BUY button several times - but always stopped. Is it like SimCity?

I haven't played much of it yet, but the game is strictly mass transit based meaning you build bus, tram and subway lines only. You then purchase and add different vehicles to those lines while balancing passenger attitudes towards your company, employee wages, fares and so on. There are different sections of each city meaning residential, business, industrial and shopping which you have to plan your lines around to transport the people back and forth. You don't build roads, buildings or zones like SimCity.

It's a fun game especially when you watch the people get on and off your vehicles or watch for traffic jams or traffic accidents that slow your vehicles down and thus prevent pickup of the passengers in time so their attitude towards your company drops. There is some micromanagement to the game so it may not be for everyone.

There is a demo available for Cities in Motion at Gamersgate: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CIM/cities-in-motion. I recommend trying the demo first like I did.

Cities in Motion 2 has the ability for the player to build roads and so on, but I don't have that game.
That is one beautiful game. And very engrossing. I can see me liking it. I'm slightly confused as to why Cities in Motion is the same price as Cities in Motion 2 though??
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Gusington

^I can't believe you fell for that old gag again.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

sandman2575

Quote from: Martok on May 09, 2014, 12:15:00 PM
(Bloody hell, Jarhead; that damn song's gonna be stuck in my head the rest of the day now.  >:(  Gah!) 


glad i'm not the only one suffering then.  Worst. Song. Ever.   ;)

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on May 09, 2014, 12:47:21 PM
^I can't believe you fell for that old gag again.
I haven't bought yet  ;D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

RedArgo

WoT 5x sandwiched around a weekend trip to St Charles MO, and maybe try to get MOO3 reinstalled

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

mikeck

I will be firing up Rise of Prussia gold (now on STEAM kiddies)
Maybe some Empire Total war.

Also Moo3 and Elite:dangerous (combat in this game is awesome)
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

W8taminute

Again I have to say I'm lovin' this weeks theme and video. 

I'm no Informa so I be not tellin' you man what I'll be playin' this irie weekend.   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

That was you in the cupboard Dredd? I thought it was Selma Hayek!  :-* :-* :-*
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 09, 2014, 02:03:07 PM
That was you in the cupboard Dredd? I thought it was Selma Hayek!  :-* :-* :-*
Is that why you jumped in too?  ;D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

bob48

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 09, 2014, 12:40:35 PM
Quote from: Gusington on May 09, 2014, 12:35:05 PM
I got to Jarhead's early for his daughter's 1st b-day party...and wouldn't you know it no one else is here except Selma Hayek.
He stuck me in the cupboard under the stairs...said there was booze in there and BAM! Door locked!

I wondered who that was in the dark muttering about finding a bottle-opener.....
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JudgeDredd

Quote from: bob48 on May 09, 2014, 03:18:23 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 09, 2014, 12:40:35 PM
Quote from: Gusington on May 09, 2014, 12:35:05 PM
I got to Jarhead's early for his daughter's 1st b-day party...and wouldn't you know it no one else is here except Selma Hayek.
He stuck me in the cupboard under the stairs...said there was booze in there and BAM! Door locked!

I wondered who that was in the dark muttering about finding a bottle-opener.....
I'm a jock - I don't need a bottle opener  ;D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

bob48

..must be somebody else in the cupboard then.......hang on, he's got a funny Yorkshire accent...must be Geek.....
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!