Published by Hammerfall:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/05/13/warhammer-40000-chess/#more-206817
Rejoice :)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FuDNqsKs.gif&hash=d7cf148fccdceb6ba21ab58120e16b73ca1de7a9)
Weird, waste-of-time trailer in the link. Two long ads and then 30 seconds of a WH40K figurine rotating in place. It showed essentially nothing?
Yes, the video was useless. It was totally garbled for me. Found that out after I posted, of course.
Quote from: Gusington on May 13, 2014, 01:27:33 PM
Yes, the video was useless. It was totally garbled for me. Found that out after I posted, of course.
Probably an idea for a new thread....trailers in general. Some are great, some are awful, and some show nothing but cinematic, movie quality cut-scenes that have nothing to do with actual gameplay. But, just like with movie trailers, they can make anything look good even if it isn't.
There was a game trailer mangled in there somewhere but it was covered over by the ad before it. At least when I tried to watch it.
I actually created a Regicide group over at Chess.com some years ago. :) Been burnt out of chess the last year or so, but I am still glad to see this become a reality.
Isn't it time to stop whoring out the 40k license and give it back to some good devs?
Quote from: spelk on May 13, 2014, 04:20:53 PM
Isn't it time to stop whoring out the 40k license and give it back to some good devs?
+1
its like they dont know what to do with it
just take your minatures game and convert it into digital - thats all most people want
^Absolutely right.
It's Heresy!
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 13, 2014, 04:22:55 PM
Quote from: spelk on May 13, 2014, 04:20:53 PM
Isn't it time to stop whoring out the 40k license and give it back to some good devs?
+1
its like they dont know what to do with it
just take your minatures game and convert it into digital - thats all most people want
I think they think they know exactly what they are doing. I believe they aren't making the game everyone wants because they are afraid it will kill their tabletop sales. Thus, we keep getting this irrelevant licensed crap.
Yup. They've painted themselves into a corner.
Awesome thread, Gus. Seriously. Treat yourself to a Klondike bar. ::)
Stop mocking the cocept. People have been doing this for ages with their Warhammer figures. There is a market for this.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages112.fotki.com%2Fv1116%2Fphotos%2F6%2F684514%2F5876856%2F004-vi.jpg&hash=b3af0c41764b8c6315d44ec70a6fc1fda83138ec)
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 13, 2014, 09:56:08 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 13, 2014, 04:22:55 PM
Quote from: spelk on May 13, 2014, 04:20:53 PM
Isn't it time to stop whoring out the 40k license and give it back to some good devs?
+1
its like they dont know what to do with it
just take your minatures game and convert it into digital - thats all most people want
I think they think they know exactly what they are doing. I believe they aren't making the game everyone wants because they are afraid it will kill their tabletop sales. Thus, we keep getting this irrelevant licensed crap.
but why not convert it to digital with 2 races and sell extra races as DLC like everyone else does
sure theyre worried a digital game will kill minature sales, but digital minature sales will get them the dough back
i think thats what the other tabletop games conversion is doing but i forget its name for now
Jeebus, I give you guys an opportunity and you blow it!
Puns for the pun god!!!!
Quote from: Ubercat on May 14, 2014, 07:39:25 AM
Jeebus, I give you guys an opportunity and you blow it!
Puns for the pun god!!!!
stick your fkng puns up your fkng ass
...........something like that anyway - Ork warboss
^Stop trying to brush him off.
Hard to think of a game thinner on content than a chess game...
:2funny:
^^In the grimdark future, there is only...The Game of Life : 40K version!
-Will your loyalty remain pure, or will you start along the path to heresy in order to obtain a better job to feed your growing brood?
-Can a hard-working Tyranid Hormagaunt make his way in a universe dead set against understanding him?
-Will you be able to manage family life and work requirements while also setting time aside for proper WAAAGH!, or simply lose control over your Ork Warband?
Let the fickle spinner decide the fate of the universe in the richest tapestry to grace the Game of Life yet!
You guys shouldn't pawn off bad puns so obviously...it's like knight and day around here sometimes.
:knuppel2:
In case I haven't said so before, I'm pretty sure you and Bawb must have been separated at birth.
But they were born 5000 miles and 500 years apart...
Like that matters here.
I think their best bet would be to spend pretty much all their effort on the rendering engine to get great animations and as little effort as possible on the chess side. Just make it a client for UCI engines, and possibly make a simple engine for it or just ship it with available open source engines.
Quote from: Martok on May 16, 2014, 10:01:04 AM
Like that matters here.
Is that just an opening gambit?
It's okay...they're all Fischer-ing for puns anyway.