Anyone know what Grigsby's up to next?
Apparently there was a temporary load of a few 'dummy' graphics on the Matrix page the other night, but they're already down.
GG is a man with a plan, the next 10 - 15 years O0:
- War in the West,
- War in the East 2,
- War in Europe 1940,
- War in the Med,
- World at War (some combo of all the War in the X titles).
- then maybe a Steel Panthers remake!
Even if I live long enough to see all these releases, I doubt I'll live long enough to play them all! :buck2:
Will we even have PC's 10 to 12 years from now?
Where is Steel Panthers 3D - that's what I want to know ? A game like that would hold me over another decade or so. O0
Quote from: SgtRock on May 21, 2014, 12:02:26 PM
....Even if I live long enough to see all these releases, I doubt I'll live long enough to play them all! :buck2:
I doubt if I would live that long either. ;)
Quote from: SgtRock on May 21, 2014, 12:02:26 PM
Will we even have PC's 10 to 12 years from now?
If we don't, I will most likely spend the remainder of my life playing those PC titles that I hadn't gotten around to playing over the years. There are certainly enough of them to keep me busy for the rest of my life.
A Grigsby 3D game!:crazy2: It make take another 10 to 20 years for some one to even make hardware that could run Grigsby 3D game!
Quote from: SgtRock on May 21, 2014, 12:02:26 PM
GG is a man with a plan, the next 10 - 15 years O0:
- War in the West,
- War in the East 2,
- War in Europe 1940,
- War in the Med,
- World at War (some combo of all the War in the X titles).
- then maybe a Steel Panthers remake!
Even if I live long enough to see all these releases, I doubt I'll live long enough to play them all! :buck2:
Will we even have PC's 10 to 12 years from now?
I suspect we will have game machines with screens and controllers (something like PCs more or less). But there will be more immersive
interfaces like Occulus or sensory tanks available. I think a screen is immersive enough for most games and that other interfaces won't be for games I like much.
Rather than a sequel to War in the East and what not, I would gladly settle for a refresh of War in the Pacific -- now with post-1995 graphics and updated user interface!
Quote from: sandman2575 on May 21, 2014, 01:18:35 PM
Rather than a sequel to War in the East and what not, I would gladly settle for a refresh of War in the Pacific -- now with post-1995 graphics and updated user interface!
That would be something! But I had such hopes for War in the East. Maybe War in the East 2 will be a game I actually like.
Quote from: Greybriar on May 21, 2014, 12:23:39 PM
Quote from: SgtRock on May 21, 2014, 12:02:26 PM
....Even if I live long enough to see all these releases, I doubt I'll live long enough to play them all! :buck2:
I doubt if I would live that long either. ;)
Quote from: SgtRock on May 21, 2014, 12:02:26 PM
Will we even have PC's 10 to 12 years from now?
If we don't, I will most likely spend the remainder of my life playing those PC titles that I hadn't gotten around to playing over the years. There are certainly enough of them to keep me busy for the rest of my life.
Blimey! You're a cheerful pair today! :o I'm surprised you're not both signing up for "Morgue Today", or the "Nursing Homes Review" or somesuch!! :-[ Cheer up guys! You two will be going strong in 20-30 years, even if it's just to say "
Told you so... Sonny!!" ;)
Quote from: Boggit on May 21, 2014, 02:17:51 PM
Quote from: Greybriar on May 21, 2014, 12:23:39 PM
Quote from: SgtRock on May 21, 2014, 12:02:26 PM
....Even if I live long enough to see all these releases, I doubt I'll live long enough to play them all! :buck2:
I doubt if I would live that long either. ;)
Quote from: SgtRock on May 21, 2014, 12:02:26 PM
Will we even have PC's 10 to 12 years from now?
If we don't, I will most likely spend the remainder of my life playing those PC titles that I hadn't gotten around to playing over the years. There are certainly enough of them to keep me busy for the rest of my life.
Blimey! You're a cheerful pair today! :o I'm surprised you're not both signing up for "Morgue Today", or the "Nursing Homes Review" or somesuch!! :-[ Cheer up guys! You two will be going strong in 20-30 years, even if it's just to say "Told you so... Sonny!!" ;)
Thanks for the kind thoughts. I hope you're right! ::)
i fell your pain Greybriar, i turned 40 this week. what a bummer. there's a passage in the bible that i can identify with now:
For, All flesh is as grass, And all the glory thereof as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower falleth.
:-[
The last of those Grigsby titles will be published for Google Ear.
Wait'll you turn 50 and you have to check in the bed each morning for pieces of you that have fallen- off during the night. And you can make this face >:( without trying.
I hear he's working on something called "Real World War - War in the East", an implementation of the Eastern Front on Facebook where battles are decided by playing a Match-3 type game.
I'd like to see him a do hardcore science-fiction 4x in the style of War in the Pacific....would be a dream 8)
Quote from: SgtRock on May 21, 2014, 12:02:26 PM
Will we even have PC's 10 to 12 years from now?
According to Microsoft, we will all have a Surface 13...
QuoteBlimey! You're a cheerful pair today! :o I'm surprised you're not both signing up for "Morgue Today", or the "Nursing Homes Review" or somesuch!! :-[ Cheer up guys! You two will be going strong in 20-30 years, even if it's just to say "Told you so... Sonny!!" ;)
This has nothing to do with old age, it's just simple math, if all of those GG titles were released today, nobody but, nobody would have time to play complete campaigns for all of them! ^-^
Quote from: SgtRock on May 22, 2014, 09:43:24 AM
QuoteBlimey! You're a cheerful pair today! :o I'm surprised you're not both signing up for "Morgue Today", or the "Nursing Homes Review" or somesuch!! :-[ Cheer up guys! You two will be going strong in 20-30 years, even if it's just to say "Told you so... Sonny!!" ;)
This has nothing to do with old age, it's just simple math, if all of those GG titles were released today, nobody but, nobody would have time to play complete campaigns for all of them! ^-^
I remember the first time I tried to play the full campaign in Bombing the Reich and it took an entire Saturday to play one day of game time. I've never played the game again and haven't tried any of the newer GG titles either. Just not willing to sink that much time into them.
He stated he enjoys developing the small scale wargames ala Steel Panthers. I only wish he actually did what he enjoys and make a new version instead of doing these monster operational games. I want a monster tactical game. Also not bothered if he sticks with top down 2D either (as long as we get multi level buildings something that is missing from most tactical wargames).
Quote from: Anguille on May 22, 2014, 09:11:47 AM
I'd like to see him a do hardcore science-fiction 4x in the style of War in the Pacific....would be a dream 8)
So basically
Aurora with (very) slightly improved graphics? :P
Quote from: Martok on May 23, 2014, 01:21:05 PM
Quote from: Anguille on May 22, 2014, 09:11:47 AM
I'd like to see him a do hardcore science-fiction 4x in the style of War in the Pacific....would be a dream 8)
So basically Aurora with (very) slightly improved graphics? :P
i guess, haven't tried it yet.